Reviews for BrightEyed Sun
Donni chapter 1 . 6/25
I love this! And especially the direction it took after the line about Roy hoarding Ed like a jealous lover, that was fantastic! I liked how Roy ran around to protect Ed, except for when Ed was within his sight, it was sweet.
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 1 . 7/28/2016
This was a really good oneshot and I enjoyed it. Good job.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2016
This is just too cute :3
LeChick chapter 1 . 1/11/2016
There was a cynical undertone that I can't quite pinpoint but loved. It's very Roy in that way.
writergirl3005 chapter 1 . 3/9/2015
I really like this fic. Thanks for writing.
Thelightmaster12 chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
This actually warmed my heart in a way and made my day better. :D Thank you.
Yuu3 chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
Love it.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/9/2013
Best summarization of how Roy feels about Ed and Al so far that I've seen through all these years. Well done. can you do on on Ed's view of his bastard commander? non-yaoi, please!
Victorious-Mind chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
Awwwwwwww... it was so touching!
Cartoon Cow chapter 1 . 6/16/2012
I loved this (though the jealous lover part was a bit creepy though I understood its meaning) good job XD
Unseen-Angel20 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
It's so cute. Why can't all RoyEd fics be parental?
ChordOverstreetFan chapter 1 . 7/14/2011
This is a perfect explanation of why Roy acted the way he did when Ed was so willing to take orders from Archer.
Ghost Wulf chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
Aww, this is a very sweet take on Roy's character. I think he truly does come to think of Ed as a son through the series' progression. Good job with Ed's character as well-I think my favorite line was "It was in the way that the whole military seemed louder, livelier, brighter than it was before Edward was there." PERFECT explanation of the effect Ed has on the people around him. :D

One thing that kind of bothered me in the fic was your selection of lines to italicize. Most of them made sense, but there were a few that felt out of place. You have a very strong character voice though and a word choice that flows beautifully. :D Very good job at flowing through Roy's thoughts as well. The final conclusion he comes to is adorable. :D If this is an old fic for you, I can't wait to see new stuff!
Gothic-Romantic99 chapter 1 . 6/24/2011
This is a great insight to Roy's character. It's good to see how much he's come to care for Ed. I like how you mention how at first Ed was merely a tool for him to advance in his career, but now he's become much more, you even state that Roy no longer believes that.

I also like how you mention that the reason Roy cares so much for Ed and wants to protect him is because he wants the boy to keep his innocence. "Edward was like the sun. He burned with an inner fire that Roy could never come close to recreating. He was a fire that made the Flame Alchemist seem obsolete, and instead of resenting the child for it, Roy revelled in Edward's strength. Edward was everything Roy wasn't. He was strong, but not just as a weapon. He was innocent and not (yet) jaded. He was honest and not a liar. Edward was everything that Roy had the potential to be if Ishval had not crushed his soul first." That's such a beautiful paragraph and says so much how important Ed is to Roy.

Good work with including at the end how Roy sees himself as a father to Ed. He's been there to watch Ed grow and to guide him, so it's only right that he views him as a son. You mentioned that Roy does anything possible to keep Ed in his group, but there's also the reason of Roy wanting to be able to keep an eye on him and want to protect him. I love how you end the story with Roy admiting that he doesn't mind being a father to Ed. It's so sweet.

Good work with this story.
Griselda Banks chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
I really enjoyed this! I've recently come to love Parental!RoyEd more and more, and this epitomizes what's so wonderful about that relationship. I think you perfectly outlined the way Mustang feels about Ed, and how over time he's come to care for him and want to take care of him like a parent. I also liked the idea that Mustang only seems lazy when Ed's not there, because he rushes around to help him when he's not _ How wonderfully fatherly!