Reviews for Too Deep for the Healing
excessivelyperky chapter 31 . 11/29/2014
Sad to say, Draco doesn't need to be cursed to be an idiot-no wonder Alecto picked him to be her patsy.

Mr. Grey is going to have a lot of fun {sarcasm} with Draco.

Just as much fun as Snape is going to have with Lucius and Narcissa, I expect.
excessivelyperky chapter 30 . 11/21/2014
Very good chapter-how ironic that if Snape had obeyed orders, he would have found Irene all the sooner. But I bet that one guy being chased by a fiendfyre serpent was really happy Snape didn't (alas, we'll never hear from him).
excessivelyperky chapter 29 . 10/29/2014
If I were Snape, I would put the memory of this little encounter into the Pensieve...it may be quite useful later if Tanner thinks to try an Obliviate, and not just blackmail. And he might have supporters outside the camp, but none of them can really protect him from a guard like that.

I have a funny feeling the potion that Snape gave Tanner isn't going to work the way he wants it to.

And then Snape is going to be in real trouble, and possibly Irene, too. Yeah, it's nice that the outside climate *may* have changed for him, but he's still on the inside where a jealous Tanner could easily round up his buddies or tie him up for the real Death Eaters to play with, as was done before. Irene can only do so much, and she might not be there much longer herself.
excessivelyperky chapter 28 . 10/6/2014
Oh, yes, this is a delightful Christmas indeed. Clearly, Severus is enjoying it very much, and pledging himself to a future with Irene. I love the other presents, too; though it's sad that there is nothing for him from Slytherin (except for the ring, because that was from Narcissa).

Still, it's nice to see that he and Irene aren't alone in the struggle for his freedom. Well, at least for now; we all know how fast that can change in the Wizarding World.

But Snape isn't thinking of that now, though as a practical matter he will later on, not being a fool.

Yet today he's willing to be a fool for love, and not worry about reality.
excessivelyperky chapter 27 . 9/12/2014
Ah. Wouldn't it have been nice if Snape had known about these newspaper debates when things were the worst for him in the camp, and he just *knew* that everyone but Irene had abandoned him?

And wouldn't it have been even nicer if Dumbledore had left a letter with someone to exonerate Snape once the war was over? But of course, that would take Albus actually caring for Snape. His will, of course, is just as ambiguous as he himself ever was-the way he set up Snape to be killed by the Order should they win, or by them during the war itself, was um, indicative of other feelings.

Of course Snape finds it hard to believe that the old Headmaster loved him, with so much evidence to the contrary. Irene would be a fool to insist that the old man did, because she's not stupid either.

Look at what happened to Harry, even with Dumbledore saying he loved the kid. That's not really heartening.

At least Snape has some hope now, though again it would have been nice if some of this had happened when things were really bad. Notice that he decided to insist on a new trial *before* he knew anyone but Irene gave a Knut.
excessivelyperky chapter 26 . 8/31/2014
Oh, dear. Irene should feel very complimented; anyone or anything that can break through Snape's Occlumency barriers must be extraordinary indeed. Yes, he's not the lover that she probably hoped for-but he's giving her all of himself, however tattered.

(and Narcissa came through handsomely, I might add. About b* time, too!)

But he's right; he must be able to give all of himself, not just a night or two. Snape is diamond, just like the ring, and diamonds are forever; the flowers are only today.
excessivelyperky chapter 25 . 8/12/2014
Ah; by loving Irene, he is almost immune to the lure of the Stone; of course his mother is sorry and can't help, what else is new? But he doesn't waste any more time with her, knowing it's hopeless anyway. The same goes for Lily and James; picking at that old wound is also a dry well, to mix my metaphors. And he apologizes to Charity, but doesn't beat himself bloody over it, for a nice change.

But Albus, for once, can actually help. (stunned surprised). And since Snape is focused on hope that Narcissa came through on her promise-boy, *that's* a lot of faith!-he even ignores Draco making a cake of himself yet again.

But he has enough faith to reach the sheds, and enough to unwrap what's left for him.

He's made enormous progress.
excessivelyperky chapter 24 . 7/24/2014
Very good chapter. I'm sorry his life has been so awful-clearly, his angst is well-deserved-but I am also glad that he's not being punished for helping Draco, and that seeing Irene is enough to break him out of a deepening circle of self-torment.

And I do hope that Narcissa does get something nice; she really, really owes him, and has never done squat to pay him back (so does Draco, but I'm afraid he's a lost cause, the little brat).
Guest chapter 40 . 7/6/2014
Five stares. Hands down! I loved it
Guest chapter 40 . 6/10/2014
One of the best "S.S survived/EWE" I read. Great characterizations of all the known characters and a very sweet O.C. And, ( yes!) an insightful plot. Nice job.

Thanks for sharing.
excessivelyperky chapter 23 . 6/5/2014
Yes, I can see Snape resenting the Malfoys-as stigmatized as they are by the rest of Wizarding society, they are still a family and love each other through good times and bad. Snape could easily be quite jealous of that (also, Narcissa helped Bella suck him into the Unbreakable Vow for Draco's sake, for which Snape received the usual lack of gratitude).

And the guard is probably not alone in his disbelief that McGonagall bothered to send something to Snape. One has to wonder if she actually did so, or the note just allows Irene more time to spend with Snape.

But as we see, Severus can no longer stifle his longing for Irene (and for any love at all, considering what a dry diet he's had almost all of his life. A love like Irene's is worth gold and rubies to him).

Ah, yes, loved ones. Snape now realizes that he is among the happy number of people who have them-and what's more, loves him back.

And it's clear that Draco has learned absolutely nothing about being a Slytherin, or even having his brains on.
excessivelyperky chapter 22 . 5/26/2014
Snape is absolutely right that Irene must learn how to defend herself. There are a lot of circumstances where he won't be able to defend her, especially if he's in Azkaban for defending her from Tanner. The Unsurprising Dose that Tanner received is kind of a good start, but not as helpful as it could be for the long run.

And he's also absolutely right about Dumbledore; there is almost nothing he could say to the Wizengamot to convince them in the absence of anything from the Daft Auld Coote himself (which of course will never be forthcoming, even though testimony from his portrait should be considered voluntary since Snape is no longer Headmaster. They won't ask the portrait, of course). Besides, they would have to believe that St. Albus deliberately set Snape up to die by the wands of the Order and/or was too cowardly to face the death he inflicted on himself. And given that the mastery of the Elder Wand ended up going to Draco anyway...well, that's not going to help much.

But keeping Irene out of camp may well be saving her life.

What does her family think of her relationship with Snape, or has she told them yet?
excessivelyperky chapter 21 . 4/26/2014
With a life like that, no wonder Snape feels he'll ruin anyone who cares for them (and that they won't care for him if they're around him for more than five minutes.

One thing he did not mention, because he probably still can't quite digest it-Albus kept the Cloak after Lily asked for it back-the Cloak that might have saved her life. And then blamed Snape for everything. But then, that would ruin Snape's idealization of Dumbledore, whom he still cannot blame for hosing him for most of his life. (and it was clear in DH that Snape had read that letter)

And yet he still chose the side of the Light, when a normal person would have said farewell to Mother Britain and found a life somewhere else, or at least hidden on the Muggle side of life.

I'm glad Irene loves him, and can get over what happened to Charity; but it's pretty clear she's the only one who does. Or ever has, actually.
excessivelyperky chapter 20 . 4/9/2014
Of course they added more years to his sentence (let's face it, they were never really going to let him go).

I wish Irene good luck with the High Warlock, though. Alas, the more she tries to help Snape, the more that Tanner is going to go after her.

I wonder when Snape is going to remember that he can fly? Or does he think there's no point?
excessivelyperky chapter 19 . 3/27/2014
Oh, my. He might not believe any words; but he will believe a potion. Now he knows in his heart how Irene really does feel about him.

And that will mean that she is in danger from Tanner, too, as well as him (and if she makes Tanner believe that she really loves Snape, it could be Snape's death sentence, and possibly hers).

After all, Tanner could easily get help from the real DEs in camp who have already attacked Snape and gone unpunished.

But Snape should enjoy being loved, for however long he and Irene can manage it.
328 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »