Reviews for Too Deep for the Healing
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 11/20/2013
Yes, he's quite right-kindness confuses him. Because the only people who have been kind to him have either dumped him or used him (his two charming masters, and Narcissa).

I think Irene is trying to say a lot more about how she feels about Snape as she is healing him, but she isn't sure of her welcome either.

And it's too bad that he takes some of her guarded words to think that this is a one-time only opportunity.

But this is a still a really, really good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 10/20/2013
Oh, pity poor Minerva! She actually has to pay attention to the school now, and not just dump things on Snape (hey, why not-Albus got to!). And so she misses his expertise (and his willingness to take on twenty hours a day worth of work). Boo-hoo. But of course she's not going to bother trying to free him. That, too, would be actual work. Can't be bothered, much too busy staring at broken windows, apparently.

Meanwhile, Snape is being tortured by the other prisoners and left to rot by the guard. Just like he was left to rot by the Trio, yes?

If it wasn't for Irene, I'd say figure out how to fly and disappear in Muggle London, and then leave Britain entirely. Both sides can just...rot.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 10/14/2013
How did the sugar get into the Wolfsbane Potion? Didn't Snape put it into the goblet straight from the cauldron himself? Oh, wait, he left the goblet standing in the kitchen and locked-but guards have keys. I suspect Tanner, who would like to disgrace probably both Irene and Snape,, and if a werewolf died, too, well, sucks to be him.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 10/2/2013
Great chapter!

""As you wish," he said, "Irene."

At night, like every other night, he used Occlumency to close down his mind. It was the first time since his illness that he had failed.

-Yes. He's used to anything but being treated like a human being. And he can't figure out what kind of Unbreakable Vow she'll want in return (cough Narcissa, cough cough).
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 9/22/2013
Good chapter. And Healer Burbage has just helped her position there by looking like she doesn't trust Snape; that will make it easier for her to cover in future.

Percy Weasley is all too aware that Snape is innocent; maybe that's why he's stuck with the post, because the other Weasleys won't shut up about it.

One hopes that the whole camp won't gang up on Snape because they think he's taken the magic suppressing potion, though.

Fifteen more years? One has to wonder if there will be strictures to make sure he doesn't survive till then. After all, he does know who in the Ministry was for Voldemort without an Imperius...
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 9/19/2013
In less than a year, he would not be the kind of potioneer that he had been. His hands would lose their skill.

-But in another year, and his hands healing up and practicing, he'd gain it right back again. I wish him luck with the plants and berries, though.

I do hope that Snape isn't under that wretched Unbreakable Vow with Draco any more (smacks Narcissa around a bit). And no, Draco hasn't learned squat.

I expect that Snape isn't going to get sick, and that in itself will become suspicious (and Lucius, with his great loyalty, will probably lead the other DEs against him if he thinks he can make something of it, sigh).

You know, if Snape gets the right wand, he is able to fly without a broom. Just sayin'. And I would be very surprised if he didn't have some money and some papers stashed somewhere the Ministry will never find them...
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 9/14/2013
Oh, my. You've set up the perfect boot camp for Snape to be one of the most powerful wizards ever, provided he is ever allowed to go free (and I suspect that he will not give the guards any trouble, and soon will have enough protection on his hut to keep out the real DE's).

Say, whatever did the Ministry do with Umbridge?

I just hope he's able to heal physically, too. And what kind of plants grow around there.

He was wise to thoroughly clean his cooker first, though-and how sick his fellow prisoners will end up being if they don't clean theirs.
Simbelia chapter 40 . 9/6/2013
I absolutely loved your story. I read it in a day and I couldn't go to sleep till I had finished it at 3 in the morning. I don't regret it a bit. It was terrific, terrific, terrific.
TheNugget chapter 15 . 9/1/2013
I read this story a long time ago, but there's one image I could never get out of my head: When Snape throws the giant stick, catches it, points it at the Death Eaters, and yells "CONFRIGO!"
Oh my gosh. That's one of the most awesome images I've ever imagined. Snape's such a bad ass.
Lilylun chapter 40 . 8/31/2013
Amei! E o final foi perfeito, definitivamente o melhor final de fanfic que eu já li.
*-*
jesskalynn4 chapter 40 . 8/18/2013
Do you plan on making a sequel or even a epilogue of like what they would be like with kids?
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 8/10/2013
It sounds too unlikely that Dumbledore would ever have played such a game with his people."

-Falls over laughing (bitterly). Of course he did, for the Greater Good. Why it was for the Greater Good that he left nothing behind to help Snape should the Order win...

Speaking of giants and half-giants, what about Hagrid's memories? If the memory of him trying to listen to the argument between Snape and Dumbledore were put in a Pensieve, then the listener/watcher could wander a bit closer and find out what Snape and Dumbledore actually said in it.

But I'm glad that Burbage is there to help Snape.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 7/19/2013
Yes, Snape is struggling still for independence, if it kills him.

It just might.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
The rest of the day was quiet enough; and Snape had plenty of time to contemplate the new circumstances. He had got so used to being regarded as an enemy that the possibility of the opposite proved difficult to deal with.

-It sounds like there are a few people still not convinced, though-but he's used to that. He's never been really exonerated, only tolerated because of Dumbledore. Alas, the old Headmaster never saw fit to leave anything exculpating him. Though it seems that Madam Pomfrey saw what she saw. Too bad Minerva was never smart enough to realize what was going on; but then, she's been a Gryffindor so long, she could never see the good in any Slytherin. Oh, did any of them survive being thrown out of the castle?

Irene *Burbage*. I hope she forgives him for what happened to her sister.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
Very good chapter. There are too many sick and not enough to help, and I'm sure some people died because there was only Madam Pomfrey and Irene.

I do hope the potion that Madam Pomfrey brings back works on Nagini's venom, though; it sound like Snape is enduring too much and doesn't have the strength or will to fight back any more.

And what the heck was Sluggy doing playing games with Acromantulas? Trying to fatten his pocketbook again, the way he did with Aragog? Or was he fooling around with Aragog's remains?

Again, very good chapter.
324 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »