Reviews for Too Deep for the Healing
excessivelyperky chapter 8 . 8/10/2013
It sounds too unlikely that Dumbledore would ever have played such a game with his people."

-Falls over laughing (bitterly). Of course he did, for the Greater Good. Why it was for the Greater Good that he left nothing behind to help Snape should the Order win...

Speaking of giants and half-giants, what about Hagrid's memories? If the memory of him trying to listen to the argument between Snape and Dumbledore were put in a Pensieve, then the listener/watcher could wander a bit closer and find out what Snape and Dumbledore actually said in it.

But I'm glad that Burbage is there to help Snape.
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 7/19/2013
Yes, Snape is struggling still for independence, if it kills him.

It just might.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 7/3/2013
The rest of the day was quiet enough; and Snape had plenty of time to contemplate the new circumstances. He had got so used to being regarded as an enemy that the possibility of the opposite proved difficult to deal with.

-It sounds like there are a few people still not convinced, though-but he's used to that. He's never been really exonerated, only tolerated because of Dumbledore. Alas, the old Headmaster never saw fit to leave anything exculpating him. Though it seems that Madam Pomfrey saw what she saw. Too bad Minerva was never smart enough to realize what was going on; but then, she's been a Gryffindor so long, she could never see the good in any Slytherin. Oh, did any of them survive being thrown out of the castle?

Irene *Burbage*. I hope she forgives him for what happened to her sister.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 6/23/2013
Very good chapter. There are too many sick and not enough to help, and I'm sure some people died because there was only Madam Pomfrey and Irene.

I do hope the potion that Madam Pomfrey brings back works on Nagini's venom, though; it sound like Snape is enduring too much and doesn't have the strength or will to fight back any more.

And what the heck was Sluggy doing playing games with Acromantulas? Trying to fatten his pocketbook again, the way he did with Aragog? Or was he fooling around with Aragog's remains?

Again, very good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 6/8/2013
Excellent chapter. I'm glad that Irene was able to bring him into the conscious world, though she wasn't sure how well her aid actually helped.

Snape's future is still fairly ambiguous; St. Mungo's is not safe for the wrong people (Auror, Devil's Snare, etc). Unless Harry has made some people in authority see the memories, or Albus remembered to leave some evidence of the truth (ha!), Snape is still in danger of being charged with the old man's murder.

In fact, Snape is still in danger even if either event has occurred; new governments often need scapegoats, and though Kingsley seems like such a reasonable person, becoming Minister might force him into expedients, the same that being a spy forced Snape into them.

Plus, nobody is ever going to believe he protected the students the best he could. Seriously.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
"I was taught by the late Professor Traum. I was a good student."

-Aha, Dr. Dream himself! (vaguely remembering my German).

And I am surprised they don't have any antivenin specific to Nagini, not after Arthur Weasley was bitten a couple of years before DH.

But of course Snape doesn't think that anyone will ever come for him; even Lily has pushed him away, as far as he understands it. It'll be interesting to see if he accepts Irene's presence, or even realizes she's there.

After all, even Madam Pomfrey was pretty much giving up.
Morningglory5510 chapter 40 . 5/11/2013
Oh, I loved it! Read it all in one day :) Very good story, I really enjoyed how the mood was never too down or depressing even though it could have gone that way with a different writer. It definitely made me smile, and I thank you for the good read!
bookivore chapter 40 . 4/3/2013
There is something extra special about a melancholy pessimist finding hope. I do love your portrayal of Snape and the OCs you write fit right into the universe.
Anitxu82 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
I love snape/OC, but usually I don't finish this kind of stories, I stop reading when the OC has violet eyes and more power that all the wizengamot members together, but sometimes I find little pieces of art like this and I realise is worth keep trying.
I loved Irene from the beggining to the end, and I think this is one of the best transitions between canon snape to snape in love i've ever and thank you very much.
Sorry for any gramatical mistakes, Spanish! :)
Guest chapter 40 . 2/23/2013
gripping story - thanks for writing :
Dimac99 chapter 40 . 2/16/2013
I've really loved this fic and Irene is a great OC. I did spend most of it wanting to slap some sense into Severus, but I suspect that was intentional on your part! It was also a realistic depiction of survivor's guilt and post traumatic stress. And if you just happened to write a sequel, I'd read it... ;-)
Miriamele chapter 40 . 2/6/2013
Awesome story! I almost stopped reading when Sev was found guilty, I'm glad I kept reading :P
gb chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
Lovely:) I loved the ending, beautiful story one of the best I've read :)
Cheers, gb
Nathalie chapter 40 . 12/31/2012
This was one of the best stories I have ever read, I absolutly loved how you were able to keep my attention troughout the story. Thank you so much, can't wait to see more of your work. Byee(:
godwit chapter 40 . 12/29/2012
What a wonderful ending! Beautiful use of the Mirror of Erised. :-) Thank you so much for this story, I have enjoyed it very much.
328 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »