Reviews for Years at War, Part 2: The Legion Born
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 39 . 4/8
Oh dear, ya had me until it started turning into a soap opera and you just played with canon events a little. A 'fix-it' fic *fixes* things; most of the things that JKR screwed-up, in the first place! No, I am NOT a fan of 'Harry Potter': I despised the books, though I kept plowing through them, up through #6, because I kept thinking -erroneously, as it turned out- that there had to be SOME REDEEMING VALUE; some EVENTUAL *LOGIC* to the steaming pile of tripe that had deemed these books 'Popular Fiction'! The concept was fanciful and unique, to a certain extent (I'm 53, now, and have read Sci-Fi & Fantasy since reading Greek and Roman mythology and 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' [Shakespeare, in case you didn't know] as a 9 year old, child, which swept me away!), but had I read about the unmitigated, unaddressed, and unremedied child abuse, AS AN ABUSED CHILD (as I was), I would have probably given up all hope of succor or rescue and KILLED MYSELF! And THIS was put forth as "JUVENILE FICTION"! *That* is why I LOVE HPFF, because hp *fan fiction* rights the *wrongs* of the original, not just changes the names of the characters involved around.
Thanks for a good attempt. You write fairly well and will only get better!
I'm going to go check out some of your other works, now.
Take care!
MelJ
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 8 . 4/8
Yes, I really LIKE your story, but... You're rushing this! It's too soon! Maybe YOU would be this shallow and callow, but it took me FIVE YEARS before I could even think about dating anyone after my husband died in an accident when I was just 23 years old! Only someone who had never suffered such a loss (and read a lot of really bad 'bodice rippers') would consider dropping a new 'romance' into the story, here.
'm not going to quit reading this, 'cause I really LOVE Robst's and this kind of story, but I truly feel it's in very bad taste and, therefore, unless you intend to let it take over the rest of this otherwise terrific tale, I shall endeavor to ignore it.
Now, on with the action!
MelJ
a fan of all seven. nod to serenity(though it probably predates) I whole heartedly approve
Quick fact check shouldn't Ginny and Collin be the same year?
Galndrael chapter 38 . 4/5
The warrior song-Legion. I applaud your version. At this point i still say hard core is my fave but thats the Marine speaking.
PLEASE tell me there is a part three!
I have really enjoyed the first two parts and can't seem to find the third...please tell me you didn't abandon it.
piltad chapter 39 . 3/11
Mother fucker just wow really good you are quite the evil sob to Harry lol. I can't believe how much I love this story god I hope year 3 is written this is an amazing story and can't believe that you have so few reviews when it is so damn good. Really hope that Harry and Fluer get a happy ending at the end but don't see you doing that for them.
Arkanes Shippou chapter 39 . 2/21
Holy shit. I just finished part 2 today, after finishing part one yesterday, and holy shit, i nearly cried. No fanfic has ever given me such feels. Again holy shit. I cant freaking wait for part 3, and yet im terrified at the same time.
ozananoz chapter 39 . 11/18/2014
Still waiting for part 3...since 2011
shintablack chapter 39 . 11/5/2014
Hoping for the sequel despite how long its been. Quality definitely in the top 5%. Thanks for such a wonderful story.
pgeraci chapter 39 . 10/28/2014
Just finished part 2. It was excellent. I especially like how you develop characters and describe scenes. Your attention to detail really helps the story become more than just a superficial background for linking together plot elements. The scenes of Harry and Dumbledore's mind battle and the MOM rescue were really good and memorable in my opinion. I'm looking forward to part 3. The technical side was also quite good. I don't recall seeing any glaring spelling errors. And the few I did see were the sort of thing a spelling checker wouldn't catch such as the word 'the' or 'on' where I think 'they' or 'one' fit better. And I saw a few duplicated phrases: 'they did they did this'. But damn, for the nearly 300K words in parts 1 and 2 combined, an excellent job for you and your betas. Well done.
ak chapter 39 . 10/22/2014
bonne fic!
tu envisage une suite?
cheesehead44 chapter 39 . 10/23/2014
an absolutely amazing story one of my favorites on this site. i doubt the sequel will some out after all this time but i really hope that it does
madnessdownunder2 chapter 11 . 10/1/2014
and we all know where that "just once more" line came from! very nice!
madnessdownunder2 chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
repeat last chapter, last story, well yes, that is one way to do it! let's see where this goes!