Reviews for Acrophobia
LunaClefairy chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Hehehe! What a cute fic! Though I haven't played Dissidia, I did watch a walkthrough on Youtube (after a FF IX walkthrough). I ADORE Zidane, and his relationship/rivalry with Bartz was very cute in Dissidia. And with Squall added to the mix, we had a very unusual and yet amusing trio.

I actually read this fic BEFORE I watched either of those walkthroughs, but I feel like I can appreciate it more re-reading it now. I liked how you had Zidane state his motto when he was trying to help Bartz overcome his acrophobia.

Keep up the great work!
Reaper Nanashi chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
Cute! I have to say, I was kind of leery at first. While I don't dislike Bartz, he's nevertheless not my favorite character, so I wasn't sure I'd like a story that centered around him, but I like him well enough that I gave it a try. I wondered how someone might handle his fear of heights in Dissidia, since virtually every stage has some hole or another to get lost in.

I appreciate the trouble you went to with describing his fear, although it seemed to disappear faster than I would have expected, especially after the fight in The Rift. An abrupt onset of terror can be expected, of course, but seeing as the story starts in the middle of a fight, it seems strange to me that other than distraction, virtually no mention was made of his symptoms until the fight was over, and then the lot of them was slammed into place almost like an afterthought. If he was that afraid that he couldn't ignore it during the fight, I'd think clammy hands and tremors would already be there and noted. I mention this particularly because it took a full page to define his distraction as being a fear of heights, and I did reach a point where I was thinking, "Uh huh, uh huh . . . Right, right . . . Next, please . . ." Exploring his symptoms more would have provided a better context for his poor fighting skills and everything else related to his fear.

Other than that, I applaud you for delving into so thoroughly into his thoughts. His admiration of Zidane was touching and his recognition of and guilt over how his silence endangered his allies was realistic; both aspects were written very well. Squall's character was also done very well, adequately balancing his less than friendly front with the kindness that's been shown to be tucked inside. I'm not entirely sure I agree with Zidane's apparently poor skills of observation, since as a thief he would need to notice little things about his targets and that would naturally extend to other parts of his life—honestly, I more than half expected the story to go, "I'm afraid of heights, guys." "Oh, that? Old news."—but if you wanted a foil then Zidane is obviously the only one who would work in that situation. The idea of Squall being that unaware is impossible to entertain.

RN (LS)
pipecleanerFlowers chapter 1 . 7/21/2012
I have nothing really constructive to say about this, but I just wanted to say I loved it! Thanks for the great read!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
Aww how sweet. This is the best story I read today!
xTsukuyomii chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Love it! This was so incredibly cute and sweet. I love the part about Zidane's tail. Great job on this!
Lanthanon chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
A small complaint in a wonderful friendship story. Hope you don't mind.

It's the word stoic every time Bartz turned his attention to Squall. Kind of jarring to have me always reminded he's a quiet guy.

But other than that nitpick, I love it.
anon passer chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Awww, that was so nice! See, this is why I love this trio to bits I really hope you could write more Dissidia stories. Keep up the great work!
Clickly chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
There are some parts that are rather dense and wordy, but overall the story is well written and utterly adorable. The way you describe him makes me want to cuddle Zidane to death.

Thanks for writing this~ ]