Reviews for The Berry and the Hougyoku
hachimitsu10 chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Hii sari, this story is awesome! I am really sorry that it took me so long to recognise this story... so i am ashamed of that... well please continue this , i really think it is a great fanfic..
Guest chapter 1 . 11/24/2013
must have more stories...please continue...!
jylener22 chapter 1 . 6/29/2012
As I was reading through this I was thinking that the story was very interesting and held a lot of potential, but with all the references about Ichigo and Aizen's past interaction I was rather skeptical about the rating for some reason. When I scrolled back up things started to make more sense and I clicked on this story after having read the synopsis without realizing the rating. For a time I debated about whether to review it or not and then I decided I should, so here we go.

The story itself was great with lots of interesting potential for how it could develop should you choose to take it further. Incorporating all sorts of terms and battle cries and such from Bleach into your own work is absolutely wonderful and I'm always curious to see how you will do that in each of your stories that I read.

Now we've had discussions about ratings before and I have never read one of your M rated works before, but should you choose to continue this story at some time in the future, I would be extremely interested to see how the plot thickens because especially with stories of intrigue, you are quite the master at weaving a highly intense and entertaining story.
Mz Valkyrie chapter 1 . 6/26/2012
I'm in an AU, fantasy mood so I wanted to see if you'd dished up anythin along those lines, and you had :D. I'm picky when it comes to the medievil era, I'm fluenent with it yet I'm not always comfortable jumping into it - this isn't one of those times. Guessing whom most of the characters were was fun :D, I imagine the innkeeper was Tessai, the barmaid has to be Rangiku [in the manga she's blonde].

Everyone's a tad out of character, yet that's a medievil AU for you - especially Ichigo, though I expected him to a little more "hermit" maybe, with a hood and all [or did he have one of those?] I assume Tensa Zangetu was Ichigo's noble steed [do magicians have steeds?] I'm looking forward to "how" exactly they restore Ichigo's powers.

Argh, I've got a seed planted in my head now!
robin X3 chapter 1 . 5/2/2012
oh wow! this story is sooooooooooooooo good! why dont u continue tthis? im a special glutton for ur AU stories...senior year and triangle were just too good, as well as fascination...u shud really continue this, i hav a hunch its gonna be good
SilverIceRing chapter 1 . 2/20/2012
Shorter than I thought it would be, but with some definite merit to it. The part that mentions Ai/Ichi is sorta startling, but that's probably just my male self reacting to Yaoi (which, no offense meant, I wouldn't touch with a kilometer long stick, especially one between those two).

I see you managed to put Isshin and Nel in there, as well as someone I think is Rangiku (the waitress?). Orihime is already there, and I can't help but wonder if she'll have any powers here. Well, either way, I really encourage you to continue this. I'll look forward to it.

Keep it up,

Lady Callista chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
So I'll start by saying I'm normally not a fan of AU, nor am I a fan of AiIchi or AiOri, so I'm unfortunatly running out of stories of yours that I want to read. So I went for one of the AUs, and I discovered an amazing story. I feel like you've just moved the storyline into a fantasy book, which is amazing and awesome. The characters are still very much themselves, but appropriate to the setting.

I would very much like to see more of this story.

And to answer your questions at the end; the healer and weaver who escaped the village's destruction just HAS to be Orihime. (I like that you tossed in the weaver reference btw) And I would love it if the buxom blond barmaid was Rangiku, although putting her as a barmaid would be interesting, as she might drink more than she'd serve, lol.
ratatat chapter 1 . 10/6/2011
You should continue this. Most interesting story with its perfect mood! I prefer IchiHime and other common pairings here, but non-pairing story could be also intetesting. Do not drop this story please
Curious Ingenue chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
You've set this up to be an epic story. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

I'll echo what some other reviewers said; focus on the plot, romance should take the backseat. Just do what comes natural. ;)

I'm going to guess Kon (on the sign), Rangiku (the waitress), Nel (who helped Ichigo), and Orihime (the healer) are your unnamed characters. I think their cameos were clear and obvious, but didn't stop the story to spell out who was who.
erica.phoenix .16 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Yes! Please continue, I like this story
Ldzetc chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
It sounds like an interesting story! I can't wait to read more. _
Adam chapter 1 . 6/15/2011

CharNinja LOL chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Love it can't wait till he meets Orihime
maggie chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
it was a pleasant surprise reading the first chapter. this shows a lot of promise and potential. the writing is very crisp and clear without any hiches. im impressed by your plot-line and grammatical skills. im eagerly awaiting the next chapter!
nypsy chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
please continue this. am guessing sole survivor is orihime since she's the weaver & healer. definitely not a fluffy ichihime setup her. & i like that you are going to look at characters as adults (if ichi was already powerful & was held captive a decade & lots of time has passed since then, this may be the oldest i've read ichigo in a story, though i guess its relative if they all can live hundreds of years) since most stories stay w/ them as teens-its different. waiting enthusiastically for next chap [though also want other stories updated & realize real life only allows so much time for unpaid writing :-)]