Reviews for All Good Things
Greener chapter 5 . 9/23/2011
Good story. I like the background that you've weaved and the changes in the characters. Having Ariana Dumbledore as the Headmaster was brilliant.
SwordsmanofS chapter 5 . 8/28/2011
I got to say that I'm really digging what you've written here. I love your characterization of Harry, showing his maturity among younger peers. I look forward to reading more of this story.
RiddlesRightHand chapter 5 . 8/24/2011
Great chapter looking forward to the next update!
bakapervert chapter 5 . 8/16/2011
Pretty good story. Many of the change make it very interesting. Though aren't the main enemy here is too tough? I'm afraid this Harry can't measure up.
artsia chapter 4 . 8/13/2011
I probably shouldn't be posting this as a separate review, but I wanted to add that I agree 100% with kostas's review. :D
artsia chapter 5 . 8/13/2011
Your premise is quite original. However, I'm confused about the fact that Lily and James never questioned Harry about the parchments they found. You seem to have shifted into the mode of a regular dimension travel fic after the prologue... I hope that you address the fate of AU Harry at some point! I'm also puzzled that Harry doesn't seem concerned about the world he left behind.

I'm glad that you chose to highlight less-used characters such as Blaise, Gabrielle, and Fleur. Your Hermione is also refreshing. I look forward to getting to know these characters better. I'm ambivalent about your interpretation of the headmistress; she comes off as rather creepy. :) I would love to see more interactions with the professors (more Snape, perhaps?). I'm intrigued by Harry's reaction to Tom Riddle's touch. Also, where are the Weasleys in this world?

The quidditch scenes are well-written and entertaining... however, not much seems to have happened in Harry's first year other than quidditch and the confrontation with the Reaper. His first year doesn't seem resolved. I don't exactly understand what the Reaper is or what its role in the plot is - rereading the passage only resulted in more head-scratching! I feel like I'm missing something that's blatantly obvious haha.

I spotted some minor spelling and grammar errors, but they hardly detract from the fic. The prose is a little clunky at times but decent for the most part. I'm sorry that I'm endlessly nitpicking at your fic! I promise that I HAVE enjoyed what I've read of it and can't wait to see what you come up with next. You've avoided most cliches in your writing (which in itself is a remarkable feat). I admit that I haven't fallen in love with your fic yet but I'm definitely hooked! Keep writing and best wishes. :)
kail420 chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
What are you saying in your A/N, i think your work is awesome, it is the first HP fic which start with first year that i like beside "Knowledge is power". And i hope you Update soon.
cookiesrevil chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
thought it was terrific adding it to my favorites now
cookiesrevil chapter 2 . 8/7/2011
so harry's a first year is he 11?
Satoa chapter 4 . 8/6/2011
Oh damn, nevermind the part about Dumbledore. I just noticed after a re-read that the headmaster is Dumbledore's sister.
Satoa chapter 5 . 8/6/2011
Nice, I love your story's premise.

What's exciting about your story, to me, is to see the differences of your universe (most noticeably the characters) compared to canon in an atmosphere of Hogwarts that's not a dull rehash, but one with a striking similarity in addition to some unique touches you've made. And the way you've done this is refreshing.

Criticisms to come: I understand that year one is to establish the setting, but I can't help feeling that the major events of the year were just quidditch matches. I'm sure you'll cook up something nice for us in year two though.

Your characterizations are definitely getting better; Harry being the most noticeable, but I can also see that Fleur, Cedric, and Wood are coming along well. Not much I have to say about Hermione and Blaise; a unique approach no doubt, but at the moment it hasn't really sparked my interest. My general dislike towards Hermione as a character probably isn't helping either.

One thing about Dumbledore that I'd like to note: maybe it's just my lack of imagination, but I really can't just imagine a female counterpart for him. It would probably be nice to flesh out her character out a bit more when you can - besides from her strict nature, I didn't get much out of her.

Lastly, I'm not sure if I missed it, but I felt that your story lacked a benchmark to Harry's abilities. I'm aware that Harry demolished Orion and he is in year one where there's nothing yet to challenge him, but a little more hints and detail to his full capabilities would not hurt.

While there certainly seems to be a lot more criticisms than praises, I assure you I'm lovin' your fic; it definitely has great potential - so keep on writing.

I hope to see an update from you soon because for now, I'm stuck with re-reading your story and a few others...
MobMentality chapter 5 . 8/2/2011
The fight between Voldemort and Flammel has been the highlight of the story so far, but it has all been good. I'm curious about what the fallout of this assassination attempt is going to be. Since your Voldemort actually appears competent, I can't imagine Harry will just pull through by chance.
jmsdragn chapter 5 . 7/30/2011
gotta say this was a neat read and i look forward to more
GenoBeast chapter 5 . 7/29/2011
Well you definitely gave a better picture of this new work Harry is in. I of course expect a twist involving Lord Voldemort, like either the man is truly Tom Riddle, a soul fragment Tom created for a Horcrux that is working on his own, or some one playing his own game.
Steve2 chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
Another good chapter. Well done. Looking forward to reading more about the history of this world. Dumbles on the evil side - well, well. That's an interesting blemish to magical history. I think Harry needs to spend more time in History class.
120 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »