Reviews for How to Carry On
Rose Thourn chapter 21 . 8/12/2014
Hullo, I just found this wonderful bit of fanfiction today and became enraptured in it. There is such a lack of the relationship between Sweeny and Joanna it drives me crazy! And the way you create the change of character-in a good way-in Sweeny is fantastic! Along with his relationship/interaction with Toby. I would really like to see this story continue on its merry way.
incarnate of evil chapter 21 . 11/5/2013
I'm still reading. And I definitely want to see how Johanna will cope and react to the news when facing Sweeney. Also want to see what Luke will do and has planned. Not to mention what conclusion will happen for the end! I would love another chapter soon! :)
Hena chapter 21 . 10/27/2013
Yes I care! Honestly, your story is truly one of the few in this fandom that I actually like. There are very few that are about Sweeney and his daughter- which frankly annoys me. This story though- truth be told I've been checking in for a possible update almost every month:) I really love it- everyone is in character, the subplot is interesting and the story overall is compelling. So yeah, please do update as soon as you get the time.
Epicoolawesome chapter 20 . 4/29/2013
OH MY! YOU CAN'T STOP WRITING NOW YOU! I just found this story, see? And you left it at such a cliff hanger! Oh, but you MUST continue! Keep your promise, because you promised you'd finish! I've never seen a Toby/Sweeney story this good, and this is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! C'mon! Don't leave me hanging 'ere! :D

It's such good writing, too! Great actually.
SkyeElf chapter 20 . 1/10/2013
What a fun chapter. Cory creeps me out. Yay, I was right about Mr Barker being Sweeney's dad!
TheWildHeffernan chapter 1 . 1/5/2013
This is such a wonderful story! please, please update. I love the way you write Sweeney- cynical, troubled, unexpectedly funny, and with just the slightest dash of real insanity. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 14 . 11/29/2012
Ummm, everything you said about the penal system in Australia is wrong. For starters if Botony Bay wasn't that bad in the grand sceam of things, if you wanted him to be in a truly brutal prison you should have sent him to Van Deimen's Land, Port Arthur, Sarah Island or Norfolk Island they were the worst ones.

As a man with a trade he would have been employed doing that, the colonies were always in desperate need of tradesmen. Also banning shovels? Seriously?

Penal colonies were not like a modern gaol, except for places like Port Arthur prisoners did not have cells. If a convict was poorly behaved like Sweeney was he would have been put in irons yes, but beacuse of the clothes they were given everyone knew who was a convict and who wasn't. Running away wasn't an option as they didn't have weapons, and the British wouldn't eat the bush tucker.

The odds of Sweeney being in the desert are kinda low too. See we in't cross the desert until about the time he escaped, so he would probably have been in a farmers work gang, probably herding sheep or something.
SkyeElf chapter 19 . 11/28/2012
Aw, this was sort of fluffy!
SkyeElf chapter 18 . 10/20/2012
I loved it! Good work, and I loved the Sweeney/Anthony bonding. All I'm wondering is when the big dramatic showdown is...
talk-ape chapter 18 . 9/25/2012
Wooo. Another great update. Really good convos between anthonty and todd. The interplay between todd and toby has got quite perfect.
dionne dance chapter 18 . 9/24/2012
Poor Anthony, he's a little insecure. I look forward to your new chapter.
dionne dance chapter 17 . 9/24/2012
Very interesting chapter!
SkyeElf chapter 17 . 9/8/2012
Yep, I noticed, and I was right! I love being right!

Anyways, I loved Todd in this, and Toby.
incarnate of evil chapter 17 . 8/22/2012
I'm enjoying this story, I hope to see another chapter up soon, I'm curious to see what Luke and Pat's plans are going to be, and whether Sweeney ever tells Johanna about there relationship. Not to mention finding out whether this Mr Barker is Sweeney's father as I suspect. I would also love to find out more about Sweeney's time in prison, the details of what changed him from Benjamin to Sweeney. Look forward to the next chapter and hope it's out soon. :D
talk-ape chapter 17 . 8/7/2012