Reviews for Of Partners and Superheroes
I agree with Danny, Steve is Batman :D

I loved this story.

Bye...
Synbou chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I was just thinking about you the other day, wondering if you were cooking up something for us. Glad that you were. Thanks for another great story. A hurt Danny and a worried Steve always makes my day. I also loved it when Steeve likes to hold on to the notion that his plan - even if it failed - was a good plan... It made me smile.

Too bad my birthday passed already... I wish I had a story like that one as gift, too ;-) Thanks for sharing.
Effie17 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Very good story. I liked that when Danny could clearly see all of Steve's injuries, he wanted to call Steve a liar. Funny.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Great story. Very sweet. :) And if Steve ever came bursting through my door to save me, I'd totally consider him a superhero. Especially with how gorgeous he is. :D
Iawen Londea chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
This is amazing! I really love it. :)
TinTin11 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Great job with this! As always, perfectly in character! A fabulous read! :)
AZGirl chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I was hoping you'd write another fic for H50 soon and here it is...yay! Enjoyed this a lot! Steve keeping Danny in the here and now and then bringing Grace to him at the end was awesome!
shirik chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
i love hurt steve fics!
darkorangecat chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
This is simply wonderful. Great, enjoyable story.
jodiesto chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Nicely done.
crokettsgirl chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Faye it was so good to see a story by you! I pm'ed you a few times about missing your writing in this fandom and the story you were talking about , the sequel on the Turk Malloy one, can't wait for that still..lol..

This was a joy to read, I just love your writing. The way you have Danny thinking , how Steve tries to keep Danny going while they wait. Your descriptions of what's going on just so much about this story that you make come to life. Thank you for this and I hope you write more in this fandom soon...missed ya! Sue
PointOfView chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Of course i'm supposed to be sleeping for work but i saw that you had written a little delicious limpage for my soul & knew i just could not wait to read it!

In short the fic was just one word - SQUEE!

I so love your Danno - you always manage to nail his character. Excellent, excellent job!

Thank you so much for sharing! :D

And "C" I hope your birthday freakin' rawks! Massive (((((((HUGS)))))))!
pugdog11 chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Excellent story! I love Danny's thoughts about Grace, very sweet!
SophieSaulie chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
This Danny hurt/comfort girl LOVED, LOVED this story! I loved the Danny thoughts he has about Grace as he's injured. The banter and ranting stellar. I can hear it all in my head, the hospital hug with Grace! Every wonderful detail of how it felt to Danny to have her in his arms just made it sigh-worthy! Great story! Loved every word!

Fave Parts:

"I don't think I'm a superhero," Steve counters blandly.

"Really?" Danny asks pointedly. "You run around like you're invincible. The only thing you're missing is a cape and tights."

"I don't have any superpowers," Steve points out.

"Neither did Batman."

"You're really going to bring up a fictional character for reference?"

-what can I say? HILARIOUS!

"I just don't want her to grow up too fast," Danny laments. He sighs and closes his eyes for a moment. "I just want to see it all."

There's a moment of silence as the storm rages outside.

Finally, Steve shifts, his body heat coming closer. "You will, Danno," he promises. "You will."

-o-

- *sigh. Beautifully sentimental moment! Steve is great! Gotta love a superhero's assurance.

His partner is asleep, sprawled haphazardly on a chair. It looks horribly uncomfortable to Danny, even worse because Steve looks like he should be cooped up in a hospital bed of his own. The bandage on his head seems to hide the worst of the injury, but the bruise stretches down his face and has totally blackened one eye. His arm is in a sling for good measure, and Danny thinks he probably should chew the SEAL out for being such a liar.

- LOVED this observation!

Her small arms wrap around him and he pulls her closer. He can feel her breath against his shoulder and the warmth of her body through his hospital gown. He tightens his grip and buries his head in her hair for a moment, clinging to her with the desperation of a once-dying man.

He still thinks of her smile, the way she laughs. Thinks of the way her face scrunched up before she cried as a baby and thinks of how beautiful she'll be on her wedding day.

He thinks about how damn glad he is that he'll be around to see it.

- *sniffle! Beautiful fatherly moment!

Awesome all around! On to your Merlin story, yet another show I love that we have in common!
Maudlin Mush chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Aw, I love happy endings. And the entire set-up was perfect; I can imagine Steve would steal a plane! thank you for the ficlet, it was great!
38 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »