Reviews for Shadows They Fear the Sun
EJBRUSH1952 chapter 2 . 2/18
What do the colors of lime green, orange paisley, correctly sewn drawstrings and buttonholes, and finally cobalt blue obviously have in common? You'll have to read this story to find out...you will not be disappointed!...Aside from the comedy, loved the subtle, almost casual solving of a case by John. He is amazing! As Sherlock has repeatedly pointed out!
NightWing18 chapter 2 . 3/3/2014
This was amazing. I especially liked the part when Sherlock was laughing and John was all "Oh fuck, he's burned down the flat." I laughed so hard.
Puggle chapter 2 . 1/15/2014
Perfect
Thanks for sharing
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Revenge is a dish served cold. Well done.
sentarla chapter 2 . 7/27/2011
Wow, different, I cam honest say I was not expecting that. Was thinking John would be more hands on, not so smart I guess after 2 years sherlock does rub off on you. Thanks!
HOS70 chapter 2 . 7/2/2011
Poor John, he’s such a sufferer! First, having to consider his strategy regarding his simple request to Sherlock for dinner. Then, being subjected to a rollercoaster of suspicion and confusion once Sherlock collects him outside the clinic. And that after the long day he’s had, poor guy!

‘Oh fuck, he’s burned the flat down.’ Help, I had to laugh so hard, I gave myself a hernia! This reaction of John’s is so believable and so typical, and just shows so clearly that the poor man is constantly aware and wary of what Sherlock is capable of. The ‘prostitution ring’ episode only confirms how right John is to be somewhat paranoid. :-)

I love your second last paragraph – how good of Sherlock to admit openly how lucky he is to have John. Very nice.
HOS70 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Sherlock’s exasperation at the beginning of this chapter is priceless. “Watch me, watch the buttons.” Brilliant!

Oh, surprise: John has wreaked subtle revenge on Sherlock’s behalf, enlisting Harry and Clara. I would never have expected that, had envisaged some nice, butch, physical violence, but am very impressed and love this turn of events.

“Will see.” Oh, Sherlock!
mattsloved1 chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
Very nice tie up to the series. An ingenious way for John to have his revenge on Sebastian. I quite like giddy happy Sherlock. I certainly wouldn't be against more stories from this universe. For example when their relationship starts, or John tells him he loves Sherlock, their first encounter (and I don't mean it has to be descriptive but Sherlock's response would be lovely), when they get married. Or anything really. Thank you for sharing, it was lovely. :)
Kim CC chapter 2 . 6/11/2011
I love seeing how John gets revenge on Sebastion - 'cause he could not just let that go.

Sherlock's happiness at what John's done makes me have a very big grin.

Very big.

_
ScopesMonkey chapter 2 . 6/11/2011
How excited was I for this? So excited! And it was so, so worth the wait. I love that you surprised me and made John's getting back at Sebastian so subtle and complete instead of having him confront him and maybe throw a few punches (not that I'd have said no to that, but this is so much better).

Just perfect! Everything was so well done, how John orchestrated it, got help from Harry who got help from Clara... wonderful! I love your characterization of Harry, she was superb. I love that John was annoyed with her but in a good sibling way.

Sherlock pyjama bottom shopping for John when he found out was hilarious. I love his way of getting the saleswoman to help him out, his dislike of the colours, etc. I like him meeting up with John after work and the sexiness that ensues.

My absolute favourite part, though, was this:

" "Is it not acceptable for me to have missed my husband and desire to spend every possible second with him?"

Oh fuck, he's burned the flat down. "

Because ahahaha, it made me laugh so much. It is SO a John reaction to Sherlock doing something suspiciously nice and it's SO a Sherlock thing to do if he had actually burnt down the flat! I also adored the use of the pet name "love" as a red flag for John, given the circumstances under which Sherlock had used it last time.

Just brilliantly done, fabulous job. I hope you keep writing in this little universe, because you've established such a wonderful relationship between them and you do a great job dealing with both of their points of view and their reactions, etc, etc.

Hooray! (also, yes, banks are scary!)

Thanks so much for posting this, you completely made my day.
Angel-Castiel chapter 2 . 6/11/2011