Reviews for Hyde's Long Way Home
MusicLover333 chapter 26 . 10/9
This really is one of the best stories I have ever read. All of the feelings this story emits in me are indescribable. You have an extraordinary talent.
I finished this story this morning and have had an overwhelming feeling of withdrawal all day... I have never been so pulled in to a fan fiction story like this one. I cried and screamed and breathed sighs of relief along with Hyde throughout the entire, brilliantly planned out story. Thank you for creating this masterpiece. I can imagine that it took a lot of time and effort, and I just want you to know that this story is going to stick with me for a long time. It was perfect. Thank you.
Goldenbassets chapter 26 . 10/4
Wow wow wow wow. I spent the better part of two days reading this story and can't get it out of my head. I felt Hyde's fear, despair, loathing, sorrow, everything. This was an incredible story. I will be back to read it again. It's so very good.
I've read this story like...8 times? Its AMAZING you are so talented!
sandalaris22 chapter 26 . 8/24
Oh, and I loved that Jackie was just like "can't you call from your hotel?" I had the fleeting thought of "call before you get there" but then remembered no one had cell phones in the 70's and didn't even think about the phone in the hotel.
And Hyde's moment of breathing through the "vulnerable" place inside getting exposed and having it hurt less and feeling so light after? That was so genuine. I had some painful memories I avoided until one day I forced myself to face one head on, it cut the pain and such massively afterwards. Sometimes you have to find a safe place and just let it all bleed out in order to start to heal.
This was a journey. A long ass therapy session for Hyde, not just in relation to Jackie for all his relationships especially the one with himself. But it was also a journey for the reader. I laughed and I cried, and I loved every minute of it even as I hated it for making me feel things, lol.
sandalaris22 chapter 25 . 8/24
Damn, that was beautiful.
I loved the revelation about why seeing Hyde with her mom hit Jackie so hard. I thought at the time that it was more than just catching him having sex with her mother that drove her to killing herself, but didn't think it'd be revealed as to why *that* was what sent her over the edge.
I applaud you on how you made time feel like it was moving forward. After all the aweful things that were done and then the growth and the learning, it really felt like it had been years, that they were old wounds long healed and steady growth and understanding. Even in the characters who didn't know the day was repeating there was a soft, subtle growth, much slower than Hyde's but still noticable.
I had this wild thought that at the very end, Eric is going to show back up in a day or so and be breathing hard, talking about having been in a plane for four freakin' years and no matter what he did 8am on Sunday he always found himself back on his flight to Africa on a Saturday and it wouldn't stop.
sandalaris22 chapter 24 . 8/24
I didn't say it before, but I'm happy Jackie's "dream" proposal didn't work. It so wasn't Hyde, although it was cool that he got to discover new things. Boredom pushed him to some, trying things he normally wouldn't, like reading books he normally wouldn't have glanced twice at.
I wondered if some of them were sort of subconsciously remembering, at least after a bit. Donna seems happier, Jackie not so insecure, and even Kelso seems like maybe he's semi-getting something. Not a ton, but he seems less afraid of Hyde, still scared, but less, like he's more willing to believe Hyde's forgiven him. Maybe there's hope for the idiot yet. :)
Man, spending the night in jail is not going to be fun for Hyde, although maybe it'll give him a chance to think some more and not be such a wreck when he wakes up again.
sandalaris22 chapter 22 . 8/24
I kept wondering what would happen if maybe Hyde ended up in a coma instead of a dying, and now I think it just happened.
Glad he got the chance to express his anger at Bud and that he got the talk with W.B.
sandalaris22 chapter 8 . 8/24
I really need to go to bed, but I keep thinking one more chapter.
sandalaris22 chapter 7 . 8/24
Man, Hyde really went on a journey there. He got to take his anger out, his pain, he got to run from it and then talk it out. It's like a bunch a partial therapy. Mostly progress, but no real momentum forward either.
sandalaris22 chapter 2 . 8/24
This is hilarious! But hey, at least the "conspiracy" is taking Hyde's mind off his pain and making him actually communicate with people... sort of.
sandalaris22 chapter 1 . 8/24
This is highly entertaining. At first it started off all sad, but then paranoid!Hyde just made me laugh. It's perfect! I love how freaked out he is and how much he's determined it's some kind of conspiracy, and the all-powerful "them" that could somehow convince Red Forman to say it was Saturday when it was really Sunday.
Jacqb14 chapter 26 . 8/11
Holy crap, man. That was freaking awesome.
FanaticallyInLove chapter 1 . 8/1
My entire day was dedicated to this story, it was absolutely incredible. The way you write, the emotions you evoked. Flawless. I loved every second of it!
sortofquitealot chapter 26 . 7/11
This is such a great story, I honestly couldn't stop reading it till the end - I lost a night of sleep, but it was so worth it! You are a fantastic writer and I really appreciate your work :) Thanks for this amazing adventure!