Reviews for Step One
WhoLockedGirl11 chapter 2 . 6/28/2013
Loved it! :)
the ticking clock chapter 2 . 7/1/2012
You continue to impress me with your writing style. It is is elegant, heartfelt, and beautiful. You write the characters so well...wow. I'm blow away.
Schnebz chapter 1 . 4/22/2012
Wow, amazing story! I like it a lot alreayd (this review is for ch 1 and 2) and I really want to know where this is headed :D

awesome stories:

King's Gambit series by Shtuff: there are a couple of stories connected to this story, it's an awesome read! A real non-slash fix-it...a need-to-read

Rumor Has It by Blueink3: Fix-it story with well developed characters and great settings. Has over 1200 reviews and is about 46 chapters. It is a slash story, but not the way they're usually out her. It's a great read!

Please update your story soon and don't get distracted too much by the other awesome stories on here ;)
eponay chapter 1 . 4/21/2012
in response to good stories to read with out knowing what you have already read. i would say 'all we are' is charles/moria. if you are prepared for well slash that crosses a few boundaries, 9 10 11 is the best fanfic i have ever read and it is epic at 300 000 words and wip. but you'll have to go over to AO3. 'tessellation' is another fic I love. freedom and love in a state of war, and the christiangatefan writes heart breaking slash. hope they help. tea and candles is another author i liek.
wordonawing chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
My word. This was just... There are no words to describe how beautiful, moving, intelligent, and utterly brilliant this is. Seriously. If there were FanFiction awards, I'd nominate you for Best Story of All Time. And you would win, because you are amazing. I could read your voice for the rest of my life. You've got Erik down to a tee, completely perfect in every single way. I can almost hear him saying it. I just... God, there is no way to describe how I feel. I'll just say this: if I ever manage to write half, no, a quarter as good as you do, I will feel so happy that I'll probably keel over and die from the shock.

Oh, and by the way - when I got to the end of the first chapter, and I was thinking, 'It's good, not bad at all', I saw that you wanted recommendations for stories. I'll dig through my favorites and find some for you later, but in the meantime I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. You can check out my stories if you want, but please, don't feel you have to. Heck, if I were you I'd just send this story to Matthew Vaughn and wait for the call.
gabriel42 chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This is haunting... Brilliantly done. Any chance of more? I, for one, would really like to hear about Charles' past, what made him the way he is. With Erik it's pretty clear (though the way you describe the horrors he has experienced and what it did to him is exceptional), but where does Charles' unfailing goodness come from? Just a suggestion...

Oh, I just returned to read the author's note, and I can only say: yes, please, bring on the next chapter! Cheers,

Gabriel
celadonserpent chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Oh my. How unhappy.

Excellent style, as usual. You've done a wonderful job speaking through Erik's voice. The select scenes, and the mini-scene breaks were obviously chosen with care. It was poetic how Erik saw the blue car, embellished it in his memory, and later stole one. You speak much through few words, and it's a beautiful talent you have. "It crashes very well." There are so many things that could have prompted Erik to think it: satisfaction at the destruction of a symbol of decadence or something that he simply could not have, or perhaps some hidden shame lying within himself.

"Food has never been so plentiful" is another of your lines that say more than what is written.

This one-shot is just so full of goodies. I'm very glad you decided to share this with us.

Keep up the great work.
Seriously Yours chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
This is a fascinating take on Erik's backstory. Excellent work!
Murphy AT chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Wow.

This was the most well-written, put together, amazing fanfiction I believe I have ever seen. Stylistically, it is superb. Conceptually, it is frighteningly tangible. Emotionally, it is beyond poignant. Not only do you grasp the emotions of a horribly abused trauma victim, but of a complex character too long left untouched.

You are amazing. Publish anything, PM me, and I will make all I know buy it. Please, don't disappear. Talent like this, tempered with the skills you clearly demonstrate, needs to be-Oh, hell. Just write more. I can't really talk just now.
lucy the divaqueen chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
This is so beautiful! and heartbreaking.i loved the line "unforgiveably sixteen. And your descriptions and emotion seem sincere, believable. so good!
scifinerd4lyfe chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I really like this! And I totally agree with you...I didn't even really ever give much thought to Charles Xavier (it was all Wolverine, Wolverine, Wolverine...) but James McAvoy was AWESOME and now he's my favorite character. So this is really good and I love Erik as well. Continue! Can't wait!
NeuroticNerd chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Ah, this was perfect. Just absolutely wonderful. You should be very proud :)
MaraudingSnitch1314 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Fantastic! I really enjoyed reading this. Your imagery is superb and you gave Erik so many equally important facets. I'm very excited for part two. Please update soon!

On another note (and as a shameless self-plug), I've written an Erik/Charles friendship one-shot. You're welcome to take a look. _
Akua chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
This feels like a nice introspective. Although I assume that you plan to do more with it. This was very well written, excellent pace. It is pretty hard to really understand Erik's hardships, his horror, his anger... but I feel that through your selected scenes here that you can brush the surface of that. And maybe understand a little bit of his suffering.

Makes it easier to understand the scene where Charles jumps in to the water to try and get him to stop.

This was well written, and I hope to see more. I've always liked Magneto. I've also always liked Charles. But I always did like Magneto more. So it's nice to read such a well done story about him. I can't wait for more. :3

-Akua~
alycat21 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Oh God, this is GORGEOUS! "It's only a moment, brief and transitory, and soon enough one girl elbows her side and one boy tousles her hair - she yelps and swats at him fiercely with a dainty, milky white hand that has never dug a grave." Truely, I damn near balled here! So great, can't wait for the next one.