Reviews for Regrets of a Father
pinkperson chapter 8 . 2/2/2012
I still can't believe Squall gave Laguna a black eye, lol. Poor guy. I wonder how the treaty signing will go. I get the feeling it won't go so well :P
pinkperson chapter 2 . 2/2/2012
This is quite good so far. You did a good job of getting into both of their heads. It's sad how fate deals people the 'unlucky' card. But that's life.
Saber Wing chapter 20 . 8/15/2006
Love, love, love this fic! I read it quite a while ago before I became an author, and I just found it again. Wonderful story!
Seraphim16 chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
I read this story for the first time back when you published the very first chapter. I followed the story all the way to its conclusion. I found the story once again a couple of days ago on another authors favorites, so i read it again. even with all that time inbetween readings the story still gets to me. All I can say is Bravo! you have a great story under your belt.
thundever1 chapter 20 . 1/20/2006
This story was very good, and also very sad
MajinBakaHentai chapter 20 . 3/6/2005
That was... well heart-wrenching with a somewhat confusing ending. I'm not quite sure if I understand the epilogue.

A good story anyhow.
Xshu chapter 20 . 6/15/2004
Oh, this is so sad... I loved it!
Maloire chapter 20 . 3/22/2004
Taking a peak at your reviews, I realize, I didn't miss this fic in the first place...how weird! I'm probably not making sense, but that's A-ok! Hahah! Anyway, WoW! Great stuff! I'd like to thank you for bringing this long story to life! Pretty cool! Scared me when you mentioned someone else's tombstone! I thought you killed the president! Well..ok, he's dying now, but at least things are patched up! That's awesome :D Totally... I just got a lil confuzled with the sons and such, but it made sense at the very last segment, nice work! Also, I really like the quotes you've added in! They certainly suit the situation :)
Maloire chapter 9 . 3/15/2004
Hey...just wondering, but who is Miss Daran in ch. 10? Ow...! Stabbing indeed! Heh! The tension builds! GWAH! (Uhmm...yeah... I just realized, that the "CH" I've been writing down on the reviews were actually installments! Gah! sorry...) anyway! Golly gee... Squall sure has a thing for not wanting to kill the wrong person! Hahahah! It's a common theme, but whatever... works for the purposes of the fic!
CH. 9
doing something [I’ll] regret later
~"I would"
CH. 10
happy [she’ll] be when she
~"she would"
that he [will] be strong and not cry.
~"would"
bite his head off [and] thank him
~"or"
[she’ll] understand ... everything [will] be fine.
~"she'd" ... "would"
CH 12
That’s [why] you were telling
~"what"
but I will deal with it later.
~"would"
Ch.13
I had a [Vanish] spell I drew from Zell
~...? FF8 doesn't include Vanish spells...
And I sincerely hope that [their] squeezing
~"they're"
If you [used] it up, then deal with it.
Maloire chapter 7 . 3/15/2004
Aww... Squall's being a dork! BAD Squall! Ward and Kiros aren't morons... hahah, yeahyeah... He's just P-O'd... Anyway... I like how you added some details like the room number (Ch. 8) and the drink part! Heheh, poor 'guna! Man, gonna give him a heart attack! But it's interesting, I always thought he would have learned Rinoa's last name at Esthar or something... but whatever, it adds some flavour!
Ch.7
She [quieten] down but I
~"quietened"
Why [haven’t] I met someone
~"didn't"
I wish I [have] picked up lip-reading
~"had"
“Ward, she was a child for Hyne’s sakes!
~"he"...referring to Squall, right?
Ch. 8
it would be as if I [have] never left.
~"had"
that was Julia [Heartily’s] room?
Maloire chapter 2 . 3/15/2004
A most interesting point you bring up, about rivals staying close despite the changes in their lives... Aww...so sad :( Man.. ah, but even in the midst of the angst, Laguna's silly-ness shines through (I like the spy part!)
when you cannot even [ ] my existence
~"accept"..."acknowledge" perhaps?
forget what happened and [pretended]
~"pretend"
least he did not turn tail and [came]
~"come"
Ch. 3
Its time I went back
~"It's" heh, yeah... a lil picky...but eh!
Listening to me? But I have only said those seven
~if that's so... then you'll need some quotation marks on his last sentence :D
Ch. 4
I [knew] that ... and [I’ll] be forced
~"know" & "I'll" ...or "knew" & "I would" 50/50 :)
Ch. 6
No matter how much problems
~"many"
I raised my [amour] higher
~"armour" heh.. otherwise...weirdness results!
Maloire chapter 1 . 3/15/2004
Wow! How could I have missed this fic? (thought I recognized the beginning...so didn't continue...stupid brain!) Anyway, absolutely great stuff! Many points were brought up that were the main focus of other fics, but wrapping the views together is incredible! Yay! Intentional or not, doesn't matter... Wonderful!
Stuff to check?
Kiros and Ward helped me [realized]
~"realize"
say that I [will] go instead
~"would" (maybe..sounds kinda odd in teh sentence)
DarkAngel-Jessie chapter 20 . 1/6/2004
I loved this fic, i realy did. You made me cry Stella Anon, you realy did. Keep up the good work with the other fics I realy mean it.
Mant kisses and goos luck!
Jessie -x-
Nobody123232 chapter 20 . 7/26/2003
Okay, do you have any idea how long this fiction took me to read? Iya, man, this fiction was -long-! But anyway, very nicely done. The way you pinned Laguna's attitude was perfect and how you wrote his thoughts and feelings down on paper is something only truly good writers can do. Good job.

This fiction was rather emotional. And it had angst in it as well. Really well done. The ending was so sweet! He said I love you... And they saluted each other!

So many people try to write Laguna-Squall fictions and seriously screw them up. But you did a lovely job, really. And your writing was wonderful, as well.

Keep it up.

~*~ Aniiston
Hiril Moon chapter 20 . 4/21/2003
#tips head slightly# Aw. I read this a long time ago, but I didn't actually review. So, I have returned to review! _; Anyway, it's about as good as I remember... And I actually understood the ending! Before, I didn't realise it was SQUALL'S SON who died, ya see? I mean, it was him right? #Nervous pause# RIGHT?

Anyways... It's a lovely story, and don't be too surprised if you hear from me again! See ya!

Lady Moon