Reviews for A New Life Starting Hogwarts
Thanks for the story! I hope you keep writing
More stories please
MadiRoseFangirl chapter 12 . 3/13/2016
Wait. You didn't do the spanking! You can't say it's gonna happen and then wait two chapters to do it! Update. And please consider me for a beta.
MadiRoseFangirl chapter 3 . 3/11/2016
Do you want me to beta for you, even though these chapters are up it would be better to have them fixed so that you don't get more bad reviews. This story has potential to be great. It has a good plot, but it need some fixes. I would be happy to do it.
MadiRoseFangirl chapter 2 . 3/11/2016
Even though you got review telling you about your mistakes you didn't listen. Please get a beta.
Crazy reader chapter 5 . 9/23/2015
Your story is terrible compared to others as it is quite short,the story can have more description your story is not good not bad it's about in the middle but good job anyway!
mandancie chapter 12 . 7/20/2015
oh wow! I so can't wait to see what will happen when Harry talks to Severus. Please update as soon as you can. :)
lilyflower101 chapter 12 . 7/19/2015
RIP his butt.
wandamarie chapter 12 . 7/19/2015
oh poor Harry
Griffin Raven chapter 8 . 2/14/2015
Harry really isn't use to anyone let alone an adult caring about his actual physical, emotional and mental health like a parent. After all the young boy hasn't had a parent since he was 1year old and has had to essentially raise himself - doing and learning all those unimportant/and important things that a child normally learns from there parent or guardian. Simply I don't think that Harry truly knows how to be a child let alone how to be a child that's been taken care of. Harry's never had a guardian whose praised him when he's done well or rebuke when he was naughty - I feel that Harry simply isn't sure how to behave as a child which is why I feel that he's not challeneged any of Severus's rules up to this point. I do feel that little bit of defiance towards Severus - was Harry perhaps testing just how serious Severus is about the rule's he's given to Harry to obey but also to perhaps see just how Severus will punish him and that he won't go to far. I can't help but wonder if Harry, feels that Severus's behaviour towards him as his ward will eventually end up like the Dursley's - or that he'll be forced back to live at the Dursley's.

I do feel that Harry, has never really be taught/or learnt how to interact with a parent as his guardian - the only role model he's seen is Vernon's loud, shoiuting and abusive behaviour? That Harry is a quite shy child that does sometimes appear to be very insecure about his living arrangements.
Feathery chapter 13 . 10/8/2014
So, looks like youve abandoned this after all ?
Griffin Raven chapter 8 . 7/4/2014
Harry's really very insecure about having to return to the Dursley's - and undoubtably all the verbal abuse that was shouted at him has probably given him a low sense of self-esteem and self-worth. So that he is unable to handle the overwhelming emotions of an adult actually not only caring for him but being concerned for his health. Whilst he seems very obedient to whatever he's told to do by Severus, but I don't think Harry is fully convinced that his guardianship won't change once Severus realises what the Dursley's thought/or said he was like. Its like he's waiting for Severus will treat him like they did.

While Harry's will become physically the right height/weight for an 11yr, but his emotional deveopment along with his social development have been seriously stunted by the Dursley's treatment of him. I think Harry needs to know/or see them punished/getting justice before he truly believes he's free of them. Or the guardianship beomes an adoption. Perhaps Harry should spend time in Severus's quarters for the two of them to bond and get to know each other as more than teacher-studet?
Griffin Raven chapter 7 . 7/4/2014
Young Harry, does seem very agreeable to all of the things that Severus, or any of the other adults have told him to - but I can't help but wonder if he's not enjoying the fact that someone is truly concerned over his health. This is undoubtable a novelty for Harry, having been either/or neglected, abused and treated as if he's not a normal child despite being a wizard (even if he didn't know that!) But I imagine it won't take Harry to long to test his boundaries (like any child in his situation would) to find out/and reasurre himself just how far his new guardian would go and how safe he truly is with him. Although Harry might not understand his behaviour if this does happen, after all the boy is a teenage/hormones don't always make for rational/or logical decisions.

I do think that Severus and Harry, need to have proper sit down talk about what each other should expect from the other (guardian and ward) and there responsibilities and outline punishments/reasonings etc.
mj chapter 13 . 5/2/2014
rip off. why didn't you finish what you started? you waste my time with partially written material. we all wer bus and have things to do!
SNHfvr chapter 5 . 9/2/2013
:-( this story has potential, however, the grammar and lack of personality is hard to follow. Sorry, I tried to read it. I hope you find a beta that would be willing to go back to the beginning and really help you with your POV writing and writing in the right tense. It's really hard to read. Your story needs more emotion. It feels rushed and needs more thought.
Thanks for the effort. Good luck finding a better beta.