Reviews for The Five Gods Convene
Gaia chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
I love this! It's so much fun to see the Holy Family interact. I really do feel like all eyes must have been on Cazaril in that critical moment.

1,000,000,000 style points for the reference to Ijada! I am still disappointed that the third book is so disconnected from the others.
Claire Nollet chapter 1 . 12/20/2011
Very nice! I liked it a lot.
AngelAdept chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
At first I thought that the moment between moments was the instant that Dondo stabbed Cazaril in the gut and was killed thereby. It took me a while to figure out that this was actually set during the night on the tower. On the reread, I couldn't believe I had missed the implications of the line, "Death magic. Daring indeed. Your man does not do anything by halves." Duh, Adept!

You did an excellent job of not only keeping the members of the Holy Family in character, but also developing those characters beyond what LMB wrote. I liked the bit about the Son galloping in as a centaur and then wearing muddy riding dress before his Mother expressed Her distaste. I hadn't thought of the Bastard agreeing to the Daughter's encapsulation as a practical joke on his death-demon, either, but it fits altogether too well. Oh, and I like the way you slipped a reference to Ijada's odd affiliation in there. The idea of it being a trade between the two Siblings, one soul for the other, works very well as an explanation.

In short, this is brilliant. I really wish Bujold would come back to the Chalion series and write a book each for the Mother and the Father. There's so much scope for opportunity on the subjects of healing and justice ... perhaps even in combination. I don't suppose you'd consider...? It would be a rather difficult project to tackle a multi-chapter story combining both themes, however. Still, let me know if you think you might want to try it...

Anyway, great job as always! )
Bookish Brownie chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
I really liked this story. I thought the voices of the gods were very in character, and I loved the reference to The Hallowed Hunt.