Reviews for Under Your Spell
iwokeuponthewrongsideoflife chapter 1 . 5/25
One of my favorites for sure! Will this unicorn be making a reappearance in another fic? :D that made my day :)
Alex L. Kerr chapter 1 . 1/11
Excellent story. I loved dean's concussed thoughts - i actually laughed aloud at the "gay horse" & "it was a smart horse" lines. Super funny and entertaining

Thank you for writing!
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 1/24/2015
I knew it that Unicorn would Love Dean ! xD

Dean seems always attracted something that seems like opposite to his personality ! (Dean witness fate thing, about angel or good, before season 4, that killed suspect. And then he meet angel first.)

Dean get helped from Unicorn was just so Awesome !
NoilyPrat chapter 1 . 11/27/2014
Interesting! Love unicorns, and foxes, and this wonderful gem of a story.
Kittyfan12 chapter 1 . 12/9/2013
OH my gosh this is fantastic! You're such a great writer. You put so much detail and background information and emotion and seriously, for a second there, I felt like I had a concussion! That's how good you are! Fantastic! Instant fave!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 4/23/2013
Dean let his eyes drop shut. Was there…? Something about a fox. A fox and Sam. Not the good kind of fox. Mesm…mesmiz…memer…hypnotizing. Got Sammy, and Dean had to save him. Save him or kill him. If Dean didn't save him, they were both dead anyway. Sammy was the heart of the Winchesters. Dad, the brain, was already gone. Didn't leave anything else. Muscle wasn't worth scratch without the heart or the brain.

How you were able to write SO MUCH of Dean's character into a single paragraph is beyond me. His determination to ride through pain and dizziness. The innate knowledge of what's good and bad even when he doesn't use the big words Sam does. Saving Sam. Always top priority. The burden of his dad's last words and his dad being gone and his dad being better and smarter and Sam being the glue that had held them all, and continued to hold him, together. I mean, the paragraph I'm writing is longer than yours but you got it all across perfectly in that one. Bravo.

And congrats on successfully working a unicorn into a fic! XD
TraSan chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
I like how you left the reality of the unicorn up to the reader-but I certainly don't blame Dean for not owning up to seeing one (possibly!).

This line I think captures something so briliantly...

"The leg was almost healed up, but it made Sam feel better to do something and so Dean didn't fight it."

Not only Sam's guilt - sure, but also just helplessness one feels when someone close to you is hurt. You have to do something, anything to help. It also highlights Dean's character because simply knowing it made Sam feel better to do it, meant he didn't complain or really, say anything.

Great story.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
What a fun little story! Delirious Dean is always great, and the fact that even in his rattled brain, the "save Sammy" imperative is always there. Unicorns? Really? or not? Love how you kinda left that up in the air. But Dean's "not a virgin" and maybe white unicorns are for girls and black unicorns are for boys ramblings were hysterical. And in spite of all that, he manages to shoot the fox blind without hitting Sam. WTG Dean! ever the hero.

I AM curious about the other story you reference with the Deerwoman. Is that one of yours or by another author? I'd love to read that one, too.
Death-Muncher chapter 1 . 1/23/2012
Loved this story! Excellent work.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 1 . 9/27/2011
Great story. I just wish you did more on the unicorn. Any chance you might write one more on the unicorn? Maybe Dean meets up with it again for some reason? Please keep up the great work.
Disneymagic chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
I really enjoyed Dean's single-mindedness in his quest to save Sam even when he wasn't sure where he was or what he needed to save Sam from. You did a great job of describing Dean's confusion with his double-concussion. I don't know if you meant the Unicorn to be real or not, but I tend to think it was just part of Dean's delirium and it was mostly under his own very impaired steam that he was able to find Sam and kill the Black Fox. My favorite part was Dean's confused ramblings to Sam about neither of them being virgins and Sam's motherhenning of Dean back at the motel room. 3
LittleLurker chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Hi Katlin,

thanks for entertaining us again throughout hiatus... I loved this one. It was more like a fairy tale, what with the unicorn and the mesmerizing black fox and all, but you made it feel real. Also really, really loved Dean's concussed ramblings. So many great lines in this that I can't even begin quoting or the comment would become longer than the story. I just love your writing! - Thanks once again for making me smile.

Best wishes, D.
Supernoodle chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
I loved this fic. LOVED IT! Dean and a Unicorn - a gay black Unicorn. Genius.

I love your stuff so much :-) xx
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
"'S 'cause you're notta virgin," he clarified. LOL!

Horns and Sam and foxy and… that was a vaguely disturbing combo. Lol, so great….

Awesome story! Though you might want to put that preview first line in italics or something. I was a little confused at first. :)
JazzyIrish chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Wonderful story - as usual. I love the way you've written Dean's concussed ramblings. Things that he was feeling and seeing! Even in this state, his concern is always about Sam - save him - both from the mystical fox and whatever bad thing wants him.

I got a kick out of the unicorn and Dean's comments/thoughts about it. I kept trying to figure out what else it could be, but ultimately, like Dean, just accepted it for what it was - a gay unicorn? ;)

This was an especially creative story both in its concept and its content. Brava! Thanks for sharing this with us. Until next time...