Reviews for A Woman of Proud Ilion
IlliadFan chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Very good story, beautifully written. Liked it :)
Hoplite39 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Great story! It is interesting that Andromache does not believe she would be remembered, given that she represents the true tradgedy of war: That it is civilians who suffer most in the end

You portray her bitterness very well. And you express through her words the true relationship between Gods and men.
Andromakhe chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Lovely. Well done. I love Hector and Andromache's romance. It is the most beautiful love story I have ever read. Some love stories speak of change, of influence, of the ugly becoming beautiful and the cruel becoming kind. I love such stories as well, but Hector and Andromache are perfect in and of themselves and need no change. Favoriting.
Chester Teck chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
I can't understand why this piece hasn't gotten more attention. You have a gift for crafting natural-sounding and intelligent dialogue, and visual descriptions that convey without bloating readers' eyes. In just a couple of thousand words, you have painted a credible interview full of human drama and details that recall to my mind my first reading of the Iliad years ago. I for one approve. Very fine work.
congratsyou'vegrownasoul chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
This was absolutely perfect. Beautiful, agonizing, and very true to character and story. You conveyed both the positive and negative parts of Andromache's life with heart-breaking clarity and strong contrast. Great job.
3lanterns chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Who would have thought? A fanfic for Homer. I liked this a lot. It's crisp and compelling.

This piece bridges the language and themes of the Iliad with where we are today. Most people consider the classics stale and impertinent, but "A Woman of Proud Ilion" proves that the depth and range of human feelings, are surprisingly universal.

Thanks for writing this.