Reviews for Scion of Honor
SeverlyLate chapter 1 . 7/15/2014
You can write.
Story was interesting as well, until other gods appeared.
Then it became ridiculous...
Ph34r n0 3V1L chapter 4 . 5/11/2014
This story is amazing and is by far my favorite Sheilaverse story. I sincerely hope that you continue this.

Thanks for sharing your talent,

Luke
KleverKilva chapter 3 . 9/23/2013
God I really hate the dearth of Harrington FF on this site, unfortunately I can't write 2/3 of the characters believably enough for even my friend to deal with it long enough to help fix it . . .*Que sad face*

I know I am sorta spammishly reviewing stories again, but I just love the way you have them happen damnit
Narsil chapter 4 . 5/1/2013
Ran across some of your stories on someone's Favorites list and thought I'd give them a try, and I'm very glad I did. "Harry Potter and the Stranger" was a fun read, though Sheila seemed pretty Mary Sue-ish, She was less so in "Evolved Scion," but still pretty overpowering - still a fun read, though. But this one is my favorite of the three. True, Sheila is overpowering in person, and has been advancing things nicely for the Manticorans, but the addition of other gods and scions getting involved combined with the sheer destructiveness available from hi-tech evens things out considerably and makes for a more exciting read.

So at this point Sheila has some hunting to do if she ever wants to hold ship command. Manticore can't just bump her up to command of, say, a dreadnought, that's going to be a primary target anyway, and anything smaller is going to go under when it gets singled out. I'd say Marjorie is going to need to watch her back, even in the People's Republic - Sheila has Family, and it occurs to me that they may decide to join Sheila in her hunt. Things could get dicey indeed if Manticore's war with the Peeps turns into a proxy Godwar.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/20/2013
And, YES! This a cool story too. You have a lot of tails to tug to the triumphant, titillating tower of coolness that is completion. Please continue at some point. –_
alichi chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
Wow, seen this fic a few times when I have browsed Honor Harrington crossovers but been too unsure of what Scion was about and too strapped for time to bother finding out. Glad I had a boring lecture today that made me start reading this story :)

Looking forward to the next chapter.
mwjen chapter 4 . 12/18/2012
Great story, thanks for posting.
syed chapter 4 . 11/18/2012
Hi, great work, onwards to glory. I wonder if the attack on basilisk, the moriaty system, or even the battle of manticore would be enough to make sheila design a better system defence system, to protect the planets and space infersructure. That way say if they start just after the battle of manticore, they would have a system to save some inferstructure. The lynx terminus would be far more develeoped. so end up with a very lesser form of one of the big three stations there.
Say there is a build down, would old manticore tech and Haven tech, get scrubbed and passed along to others in the alliance, so bolster allies defences. The new stuff is far more automated so more people allowed back to civilian life.
I think all the crooked haven ships will likely get blown up as they would get sent against sheila. I wonder if this will get her tranfered from the from to a base, or some other detail.
Just recently or soon the idaho terminii was mapped, I wonder if all its terminii were discovered. There are around 200 worm hole bridge, so could get checked from the data.
There was an alien species who had intelstellar flight, the alphans, but only ruin remain. i wonder if shiella investigated them, what could shee learn, would they have formular for terminnii or a map of them. A way for ftl communication.
Contramancer chapter 4 . 10/24/2012
Oh, this is just too good, I must have more!
Contramancer chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Not enough koalas! I stumbled across this purely by accident, and added it to a list of 'to be read', only to find I had to favourite it!
Sdarian chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
From the sounds of it in earlier chapters, I had the impression that Marjorie was not beyond the hero stage, if that. And at the end of this chapter she's a demigoddess? Is it because of her working against Sheila is promoting her status? If so I would really have to wonder why since it seems like all of her plans are failing so far. Or maybe it's because of her efforts to be in a position that allows her to attack Sheila?

Anyway, it's good to see more of this. Keep up the good work!
Thomas chapter 4 . 10/18/2012
Awesome the see a new chapter to this story, there are far to few Honorverse fics out there.
luger 7 chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
A most excellent fanfic. Party on, dude.
skywiseskychan chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
The Steadholder frowned even as Mac brought in a snack and Tillman bear.
A better idea would be to bring in Tillman Beer, unless Mac is also in on trying to get Sheila killed.

As for the story itself I highly enjoyed this additional chapter. I fully approve of your use of fate in keeping everything on track while allowing Sheila her own moments in the sun. It will be interesting to see if you have Sheila end up dueling Mueller at some point, demigoddess or not, she is still a holder of the star of Grayson. Repercussions from the failed naval assassination should also be interesting, as those are not the type of people who appreciate being foiled or having someone short them on a deal. Seeing Hemphill and Sheila get together would be nice, perhaps as part of the navy's ongoing attempts to recruit her into the technical track. These recent events will also have an impact there that should be fun to observe.
It’s a bit slower path that you have had Sheila moving along in this world/version but I have to say I am enjoying it a lot, not least because it helps showcase her intellect a bit better than many of the other stories where her inhuman abilities get the spotlight. Keep up the good work, with things like dispersing the blackbird yards further, improving technology and tactics and the rest.
Alrissa chapter 4 . 10/16/2012
AH! Update! Yay! Ehem. More coherently: Nice chapter. The only bit I found... Lesser, is the bit where Sheila resorts to, well, tricks with shiny hair to see if she can mooch some legend from the failed murder/slander attempt on Honor. I mean she was right, it was a smart move... just not legendary. (If Honor was in any way able she would have gotten Legend from that tho XD.)

Sheila did good, saved lives and so on, as in most things she is involved in but it was Honor's show that day. As you put it, a moment of fate. What Sheila did great was that media coup. XD

It was so nice seeing this update. Thanks.
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »