Reviews for Thy Kingdom Come
smilingcrescent chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
I get the feeling that I read your little gems of stories out of order, but even still, I like each one. They feel like parts of a tapestry, each one focusing on a different character... to see so many characters handled so delicately is SO NICE. I wouldn't have guessed that I would enjoy an introspective story from McGonnigal's view, but as usual, you paint an entrancing picture of the Dark Lord in his youth through these other views. So much to like about this story. Not least among them, the use of FAIRY TALES/ a fairy tale. I have a soft spot for those.
Seinakyou chapter 1 . 7/2/2012
That was absolutely beautiful. The prose was lovely and very well suited to the story, and you... it... agh!

All the characterization, all the references to Oscar Wilde! Simply marvelous. This is tremendously well done! I really, really, loved it.

seina
Hannah chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I really wish that this was not the end of this story. Beautifully written and I find myself craving more of it. I love the way that you embodied McGonagall's thoughts and emotions realistically with her character. So many stories make her giggly and such, when she obviously is the very opposite. You've done brilliant work! Thank you for a wonderful story.
Annie chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
I am so in love with your Tom Riddle! You’ve really got me hooked on Tom and Albus as characters, you give them so much more depth than we see in the books. And your writing is all the more extraordinary because so few people can do what you do! I’ve looked up other Tom and Albus stories since reading yours (first of all, people rarely look at both in the same story) and came to the conclusion that there are lots of horrible Tom and Albus stories out there! I’ve read stories where Tom is sneering, hateful, walking around the castle shouting Mudblood at everyone, kind of like another Draco Malfoy. Which seems to miss the whole point of what makes Tom so interesting as a character- despite the darkness inside him, he would have seemed perfectly normal, even charming and likable, to most people he encountered. There are also tons of Albus stories where Albus is either a perfect saint or a really evil manipulator who is out to get everyone. Going through stories like that make me all the more thrilled to read your work, which is very unique in giving both these characters humanity. Your Tom is graceful, charismatic, and his situation in life with the poverty and the falling apart clothes and Albus deliberately slighting him for that scholarship makes him a sympathetic character.

I love how your Tom is capable of both offering a Muggle book he cherishes to someone from a different house, and later on murdering a man who offers him money and sending the galleons to his poor grief-stricken sister! The teasing half-bow, the charming manners, the twinkle in the eye, but the darkness also lurking under the surface. You really capture the dichotomy of his character. My favorite part of the story has to be how the castle itself responds to Tom’s return- Minerva’s shocked reaction that the castle likes him, a greeting from the usually remote Bloody Baron, and Albus’ comment on how a woman of pure heart loves her man despite his many failings (which also applies to the situation with Minerva and Albus). It’ good to see that Tom hasn’t lost his wit- querying whether Albus offered her lemon drops in bed!- and it was also interesting that he seemed almost concerned for her in his own way, warning her away from Albus and suggesting that she ask him some tough questions before it’s too late for her. So many wonderful moments captured in one story, it’s absolutely brilliant!
housefreak13 chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Oh my God, I'm in love with this. It's so good! It is going promptly to favourites.
Simca chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Enjoyed it a lot. I can't believe it took me so long to read&review! Thanks for the story. :-)
MidsummerNightGirl chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
This is an amazing story. You incorporate the story of the Selfish Giant so cleverly. Excellent work
Missing Linka chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Hey!

I'm not really sure what I'm supposed to think about your story! Your style is phenomenal. Your use of symbols and stuff like that is simply amazing! But I'm afraid that your opinion of the relationship between Albus and Minerva ist way too close to reality for my taste. ;-) I think you've portrayed them brilliantly, but the romantic in me simply has to protest to the dark image of Albus even though I'm pretty sure that your version of him is way closer to the real Dumbledore than 99 % of the ADMM stories ...

I would like to read more ADMM and maybe even a little bit more romance, a little more light and a little less darkness? ;-)

God bless you!

Thara
8-Wolke-8 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I am a little bit curious about the end of this story, but I think that was your intention. Your writing style really impressed me, as well as your picture of Minerva and Dumbledor and the mny symbols you used. I really love your oneshot and am slightly dissappointed that it IS only a oneshot!