Reviews for Trust
Gl02 chapter 10 . 1/12
Well, that wasn't a long wait till the end of the story then I suppose... I didn't expect this ending to be honest (eheheh)! But it is good. The writing is really good. The thing I appreciated most was the way you portrayed conflict in a realistic way, letting it simmer and leaving a sentence there, a hint here and so on, because it all couldn't just go back to normal with a magic wand. Maybe the parts where you tried to ease the tension in a climax by means of a joke (like the three-headed mutant) were a bit odd - I mean, you don't need them, 'cause you've created this great tension and your reader just wants to know what is going to happen.
But I really enjoyed reading this.
So, again, thank you.
Gl02 chapter 9 . 1/12
Wow. This chapter was just... Wow!
I usually wait until I get to the end of a story to review, but I had to thank you particularly for this one chapter. You created a perfect rise to the climax, it was very emotional yet absolutely not fluffy, and, well, I loved it. So, thank you.
Also, as I am already writing...what are the quotes at the beginning of every chapter? If they are quotes (is that an intro of yours?)..I thought they were from the movie (and that I had forgotten some lines), but now I am not so sure anymore...
Koheyri chapter 10 . 7/20/2014
Thank u so much for the wonderfull story! Like your vision of charakters
rayningnight chapter 10 . 5/17/2014
This... was beautiful. Most fanfics out there gloss over the years Charles would have needed to go through and adjust to having to live in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. Charles was born with legs that worked. That ran. That jumped. Then it was taken away when he he was still a young man.
...most fanfics are really cruel to have such an experience shoved to the side for Charles' "love" or "friendship" or holier-than-thou personality - and forgive Erik like *snap*. It's wrong. Because Charles may be kind, idealistic, and pacifistic, but he's still human. He can feel anger and regret and sadness and sorrow and humiliation. And all of that is a giant bundle that comes with being in a wheelchair - even if it's not portrayed in your story.
It's true.
And I'm glad you captured the slow progress of Charles trying to forgive Erik, and have Erik stow in his guilt. I'm also, quite frankly, happy that you didn't have everyone else be "okay" with the wheelchair thing. They're kids. Of course one of them's going to insult Charles when he's handicapped now.
All in all, great plot, great portrayal, and great characterization.

-Rayne
Guest chapter 10 . 1/5/2014
Angst-filled, sad, and absolutely beautiful are words that I find adequate when describing your story. Thanks to you for writing it. :)
CloudyDream chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
this sounds great. i can't wait to go on and read the rest!
Drought chapter 10 . 11/17/2012
This is real nice. It's an interesting way of dealing with the post-Cuba emotional interactions, and I think it worked really well.
Drought chapter 3 . 11/17/2012
Just wanted to take a moment to say the "be a big girl" line is absolutely my favorite. :)

Annnnd I'm super excited about this fic.
mydistraction122 chapter 10 . 8/9/2012
Still crying.

This was a lovely story. Heartbreaking in it's honesty. Love between these two would never be easy, and you portrayed that better then anything else I've read. This is going on my favorites. Loved it.
mydistraction122 chapter 9 . 8/9/2012
"I can look at this and remember why I'm alone." Simply heartbreaking.

Just found this story today, and I'm so glad I did. I love stories where Charles doesn't forgive Erik right away...I think it's unrealistic when he does...and this story is just so on point. Your characterizations, the emotion, the pain...it's all so real.

I was going to wait till the end and then review, but this chapter really touched me. Typing while crying is very difficult, but I just wanted you to know what a talented writer you are.

On to the next chapter.
jamierianna chapter 10 . 7/21/2012
Oh Hell, I think you broke me.

Thank you for this.
deadpoolhulk chapter 10 . 5/4/2012
awwww that's... i'm not sure how to describe it. sweet works. i guess
JenniferC77 chapter 10 . 12/16/2011
This is really amazing. So angsty. I'm so glad that Erik stayed and that he and Charles were finally able to come together. You can tell that there's work ahead, but at least they're letting each other in. You did an amazing job of portraying Erik's guilt and his desire for intimacy, yet that burden pulling him back and telling him that he doesn't deserve it...yet wanting it all the same. It's a very moving story. Jenn.
inactiveacount121212 chapter 10 . 11/26/2011
Loved it! :)
dirtygirl42 chapter 10 . 11/13/2011
Great job! This is what I imagine a realistic no divorce fic would be. I really enjoyed reading it.