Reviews for DARK MEMORY – The Truth of Vanitas Behind the Game
Batty Vaati chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
overwhelming urge to hug Vanitas ;o;
vildtiger chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
that was a really good explanation of Van, I feel so sorry for him! T-T

however, there is something I often thinks about, is there a way to save Van from his dark fate or is his only salvation totally destruction?
Larkawolfgirl chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
Thank you so much for posting this! I have wanted to know the exact details of these chapters, but have been unable to find a translation of the novel. I only wish I had found this before writing my vanven story, since I tried to follow this information, but I only had the limited amount on the KH wiki. Now that I have this info I may even rewrite my story to better follow it. Thank again!
Maximal chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Gawd this is depressing if only he faded into sora(not sure if that was the way to say it) maybe he'll lightin up a bit (get it?) But he died (I think) atleast that ended his eternal misary.
Xiemea chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
This was really cool, I like it
Someone chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Wow, this is awesome! This is like a looooong summary, but it gets the point across! I can now feel sorry for Vanitas, depsite his arrogant attitude in the game.
Anon w chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Oh my ... I never hated Vanitas and this back story supports my decision! ;A;
Poor Vanitas! I truly understand him and honestly ... I would exactly end up like him, if i were in his situation.
I love Ven but ... now i just ... i'm a bit mad at him...? :\
But the one i truly hate/hated/will hate for the rest of my life is Xehanort D:
DIE Xehanort DIEEEEE for what you did to my lil Vani!
Thx for sharing this with us (sorry for my bad english xD I'm german)

Anon w
alaskatrailmutt chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
I always figured there was more to it than that. Thank you for sharing it with us. :) I always really wanted to like Vanitas, feeling if he's Ventus's nobody (kinda) then he couldn't be all evil and there had to be some reason he felt the way he did.
RubyDarknessAngel chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
*sniff* It's so sad...*sniff* poor Vani...I WILL KILL YOU XEANORT! I SWEAR IT! I USED TO THINK YOU WERE THE TINYEST BIT COOL, BUT NOW YOU CAN ROT AWAY FOR ALL I CARE YOU JERK! (begins sobing for Vani)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Oh my glob. Vanitas isn't a bad guy, just misunderstood. I love him sooo much
Zylia16 chapter 1 . 6/23/2013
If I didn't know better I think Vavi love Ven...
I SUPPORT BOTH OF U!
Summer Memory chapter 1 . 10/29/2012
...This is so sad, after completing BBS, I knew something was amiss about Vanitas. He couldn't be just an empty shell, there must be something that makes him like that. Somehow behind his sadistic self and malice, it's as if he's feeling so lonely and sad inside.
And thanks God, I found your writing.
I never knew there were official novels for this game, even if i knew, it would be likely written in Japanese *laugh* (If i might gusee, then either you speak Japanese or are very good at it :) )
However, I want to thank you for writing this, now I know about Vanitas. And it's so tragic. Somehow I felt really sad at the scene after Ven defeated Vanitas and he's *desperately* trying to reach for the broken X-blade.
#sniff
And so that explains why he has the similiar face as Sora.
It's notair that in BBS Vanitas is only given a small portion. I wish in the next sequel of the game, there'll be a happier ending for Vanitas u.u
Crystal Peak chapter 1 . 9/12/2012
Oh, my God. This was very good, and...I cried.

I really like Kingdom Hearts and I must say that in Birth by Sleep, Vanitas and Ventus are my favorites. I read in the kingdom hearts wikia about Vanitas' backstory on his page and I must say, you cleared up a lot of things.

I actually liked the fact that he did have these feelings of loneliness and all that. It made the story and Vanitas more realistic and human. I think that even though he does hate Ventus, there will always be a part of Vanitas that wants to be a part of Ventus again. And the poor guy felt every happy feeling Ventus felt, and MX was the worst evil geezer. Beating up Vanitas and telling him to get stronger.

I really hope that in the next games that will come out (logically one of them is Kingdom Hearts III), Vanitas will come back. If you think about it, Ventus can't come back, if only HALF of his heart exists. I think that Vanitas still exists, somewhere. Either inside of Ventus' heart or somewhere else.

Really liked. Great job.
Xema088 chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Oooooh! I read this before somewhere else (can't remember where) and have been looking EVERYWHERE for it. I love you for this.

I feel so bad for Vanitas. :'(
Sometimes, for no reason, my friend and I will roleplay as characters from the game, and pretend to be them as they sleep and have a nightmare. She usually makes me play Vanitas, so I make his subconscious go back to that 'vicious cycle' and the loneliness he suffered.

Is the novel translated to English? And if so, where can I buy it?
I am the antihero Calmasis chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
Oh, please add another chapter. This was absolutely stunning - I am going to find an English translation of this. It really...was shocking.