Reviews for DARK MEMORY – The Truth of Vanitas Behind the Game
Reiko x 3 chapter 1 . 1/17
...Xehanort just ruins the lives of everyone he comes into contact with, doesn't he? Still...this is useful stuff for writing Vanitas as a sympathetic character...which I find I kind of like doing. Plus he got /so/ many good lines in the game. Haley Joel Osment clearly enjoyed having the chance to play a villain for once because he /owns/ that role. Basically, I like this character. Xehanort still needs to die, though.
tisshuuame chapter 1 . 12/20/2015
I really loved this! I had no idea about Vanitas' backstory and it's so very sad! I wish he could've gotten a happy ending in the game instead of just fading into darkness...

Thank you for writing this! I love Vanitas as a character even more now.
meladi1 chapter 1 . 11/23/2015
...omg... feels. How could MX do that to poor Vani! I hated MX before but now... bloody hell, I can't describe my hatred to him!
MistyHighwind chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
I'm crying... The feels
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2015
And thus you have feuled the fire to my hatred towards MX. I remember feeling bad when I beat him but now I feel worse. Now I have more motivation to buy KH 3 so I can kick MX's ass.
Batty Vaati chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
overwhelming urge to hug Vanitas ;o;
vildtiger chapter 1 . 11/29/2014
that was a really good explanation of Van, I feel so sorry for him! T-T

however, there is something I often thinks about, is there a way to save Van from his dark fate or is his only salvation totally destruction?
Larkawolfgirl chapter 1 . 11/13/2014
Thank you so much for posting this! I have wanted to know the exact details of these chapters, but have been unable to find a translation of the novel. I only wish I had found this before writing my vanven story, since I tried to follow this information, but I only had the limited amount on the KH wiki. Now that I have this info I may even rewrite my story to better follow it. Thank again!
Maximal chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Gawd this is depressing if only he faded into sora(not sure if that was the way to say it) maybe he'll lightin up a bit (get it?) But he died (I think) atleast that ended his eternal misary.
Xiemea chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
This was really cool, I like it
Someone chapter 1 . 4/10/2014
Wow, this is awesome! This is like a looooong summary, but it gets the point across! I can now feel sorry for Vanitas, depsite his arrogant attitude in the game.
Anon w chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
Oh my ... I never hated Vanitas and this back story supports my decision! ;A;
Poor Vanitas! I truly understand him and honestly ... I would exactly end up like him, if i were in his situation.
I love Ven but ... now i just ... i'm a bit mad at him...? :\
But the one i truly hate/hated/will hate for the rest of my life is Xehanort D:
DIE Xehanort DIEEEEE for what you did to my lil Vani!
Thx for sharing this with us (sorry for my bad english xD I'm german)

Anon w
alaskatrailmutt chapter 1 . 12/24/2013
I always figured there was more to it than that. Thank you for sharing it with us. :) I always really wanted to like Vanitas, feeling if he's Ventus's nobody (kinda) then he couldn't be all evil and there had to be some reason he felt the way he did.
RubyDarknessAngel chapter 1 . 12/7/2013
*sniff* It's so sad...*sniff* poor Vani...I WILL KILL YOU XEANORT! I SWEAR IT! I USED TO THINK YOU WERE THE TINYEST BIT COOL, BUT NOW YOU CAN ROT AWAY FOR ALL I CARE YOU JERK! (begins sobing for Vani)
Guest chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Oh my glob. Vanitas isn't a bad guy, just misunderstood. I love him sooo much