Reviews for Ringbearer
Trucker chapter 9 . 6/19/2011
Finally, that cursed Ring is gone!

I teach a class at a mental hospital where we watch movies and talk about the characters, how they grow/fail, the choices they make. We made it through LOTR last term (all three parts!) and the class decided that the Ring was the perfect embodiment of their addictions/illnesses.

Anyway, I hope your drabbles have helped you recover your moxie and that we'll see much more of your writing soon.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/18/2011
Dear samwise, wise indeed. All he wanted was Rosie and a bit of garden. For my money he had the best life of any of the characters in the books except possibly Tom and his Goldberry.

Tom is a bit of a hippie and I prefer good solid Sam, The whole Shire was his garden.
Trucker chapter 7 . 6/18/2011
If you made that 'taters and mushrooms, you'd have described ME!
Trucker chapter 6 . 6/17/2011
Now here's a perspective I would have missed out on-Tom Bombadil is indeed one of my favorite characters in the book, with his humor and his love for all the natural world. I like the idea of there being someone who would regard that conniving Ring as something foolish!
stonegnome1 chapter 6 . 6/17/2011
Frodo has the truth of it. Foolish but necessary.

You might take a look at Knight Errant by JA Backer.
stonegnome1 chapter 5 . 6/16/2011
At least he has his priorities straight. The ring is worth more than the rest put together, so sayeth the ring.

I wonder what hobbit law is about someone being declared dead absent a body? How long was Bilbo gone?
Trucker chapter 5 . 6/16/2011
I'll admit it, I had to look up Smial. Other than that, it was funny/sad to watch Bilbo's righteous indignation subsume into numbness.
stonegnome1 chapter 4 . 6/15/2011
I suspect you have not gotten reviews because you have not gotten to any of the bearers anyone cares about. It will be interesting to see how you get to nine. Bilbo, Frodo,and Samwise to go. That would be seven. If you count Gollem as a seperate that is eight. Perhaps one from the rings perspective as it melts or back to Sauron for his end for nine?
Trucker chapter 4 . 6/15/2011
At last, a drabble with dialog-perhaps that is what's been missing? A scene in which the character had someone to interact with?
Trucker chapter 3 . 6/15/2011
Most who bore the ring aimed a bit higher than mayor-or their next meal. Déagol's dreams weren't as grand as others, but at least they make sense to a practical hobbit, which he may well have been.
Trucker chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
You nailed this one... for Isildur to tune out everything, every normal human emotion, to instantly have his world shrink down to that Ring... Were he free of its influence, he should have instantly turned back to his sire's body-he should have stood, cheered his warriors, and set them to work dealing with the remnants of Sauron's forces-or he should have listened to Elrond as he took him to the chamber where the Ring could be destroyed. In that instant, Isildur fell.
Trucker chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Pride goeth before...

I'm not accustomed to reviews drabbles, but if it will help you get going on your longer works, I'll certainly offer my unworthy opinions! For I have written but 3 short stories in fanfic, so what do I know?

So, Sauron thinks he's hot stuff, eh? Time to clear out the rabble himself since his orcs aren't up to the job, right? He's obviously never read classic literature or he'd have known better!

I think you caught his egotism nicely in this little piece. And I'm glad you didn't try to do it as a poem!