Reviews for No Excuses
Madge chapter 1 . 11/26/2012
I really enjoyed this story... so moving! and so well written.
MidnightIndigo chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Well, I wouldn't call it fluff, but I don't think it was actually that bad, especially since it's already rated T, haha. Anyways...

I loved this story A LOT, especially because the whole relationship with Jim and Rick is one of my favorite things to read. It was such a great story and the whole kidnapping thing was written so well, it was so painful and slightly sickening to read (and I do mean this in the best way possible even though it sounds a little odd...) but it was also so good, you had to keep reading.

And I really hope you're feeling better. :)
ELfict chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
I really love this. We still don’t know all that much about Jim Beckett, but I think that this seems very in character for him. I can definitely see this happening. It was really sweet and also fluffy, even despite all the sadness of Kate being in a coma and the memories of what happened. What Jim told Kate while Castle was listening made me smile. :)

Well written, and it did make a lot of sense, actually. The song fit very well too. If you ever feel like writing it, I’d love a sequel… (*hint*). But I still like it either way.
Ape chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
That was amazing! I loved it... more to come?
phnxgrl chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
I loved this one shot! I loved how Jim Beckett was coming to Hospital once again to see his little girl! I loved How Rick once again saved her life! I loved how Rick related to Jim the terrible ordeal both of them endured at the hands of their captors! I loved how Jim asked Rick why was he fighting so hard for her? I loved Rick's response "Because your daughter is worth fighting for." Too Cool! I loved how Jim asked the next question!"Do you love her?" I loved how Rick replied "Yes, I am very much in love with your daughter." Too Cool! I loved how Jim asked the next question!"Have you told her?" I loved how Rick told Jim he did just after Kate got shot at the funeral but she never remembered! I loved how Jim then spoke to Kate! "You listen to me, Kitty Kat," he smiled at her childhood nickname, "you need to wake up soon. You have a man here who needs to tell you that he loves you. And you need to tell him how you feel as well. No excuses, no cop-outs. That's final. I have to go, now. But don't worry, Rick will be here when you wake up. I love you, Katie. I'll see you tomorrow, sweetheart." Awwwww! Thanks for writing a great one shot!
geekygreek chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Love it. Which means you need to continue. Im sure im not the only one.
MarienoFFnetaccount chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Thank you, very much, for placing the warning in your author's notes. I hope I didn't come across as harsh or mean in my previous review, I certainly didn't intend to and so if I did, you have my sincere apologies.

I did enjoy the fic, very much in fact, I loved the voice you gave to Jim and the interaction and realisation between Jim and Castle was lovely to read. As I said, I was just taken off guard with your description of their ordeal.

Please continue writing, you have a wonderful, descriptive style and as I said before, I truly did not mean to offend or cause upset.

Yours, Marie.
Yorick's Talking Skull chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I saw the reviews before, and although some might find the violence in this story upsetting (when is violence not upsetting, right?) I felt that it was well-written and essential to the plot and emotional effect of the story. Never feel ashamed of writing something like this. I like the truth much better than fluff, or nonrealistic things. Yes, there is violence in the world. Yes, this has painful effects. Yes, people are not going to be okay after something like this happens.

With that in mind, you have a wonderful, emotionally taut writing style. Embrace it. It means so much to me to see somebody to have the gumption to write on such a difficult topic and its repercussions. I think you have read one of my stories? As Fires Smolder, correct? And, as you can attest to, people get upset by violence in stories. Although people usually see it coming in stories, I guess sometimes warnings are a good idea. I would keep the smaller warning in this tale you have, but not the bold one. You don’t want to get people away from such a beautiful story with so much meaning behind it.

Please keep writing, please do, and I really love your emotionally taut writing. I still am thinking about your story “The Dedication.” Truly, between this story, and that one, they were great.

Keep writing and stay classy! I know you will.

Best Wishes, and FEEL BETTER! I wanna see you smile. I can’t? Oh. Well, smile anyway! :)
baterista9 chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Very powerful. You could upgrade to M rating.
NCISchick chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
loved it. it was great. really good job. and *HUG* hope you feel better! i hate being in bad moods, it makes everything so dark.

Love NCISchick xooxox
pealee chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Oh my gosh, you can't leave it at that! I need to know how Rick tells Kate!
I'm Widget chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
Fabulous one shot. So emotional. I love seeing Jim's POV1
MarienoFFnetaccount chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
I'm sorry that you were upset and angry when you wrote this. That said, there is no way you can describe this as 'fluff'. Your description of Kate's ordeal is too graphic to be called fluff and I think you should consider putting a warning on the Author Notes because I for one was certainly not expecting that level of 'description' of her ordeal and it was very very hard to read. Others may find it triggering or upsetting.

I did like the fic, but I would have much preferred it either without so graphic a description or a warning of some kind.
Missing Ending chapter 1 . 6/12/2011