Reviews for A Former Villain Walks Into A Bar
lapaxlove chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Love this fic! Rufus x Tifa is such an interesting pair and you do it justice. I love how things aren't rushed and the show built of their relationship is sweet. everyone is so IC too! Good job.
Tifa Lockhart Valentine chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
It was so fun reading this!

Rufus is the real gentleman and is overprotective of Tifa! So romantic...

Loved the story and I'm so glad I did! It has it's own pace, not so fast and yet not that slow either.

Kisses!
Jillato chapter 1 . 4/8/2012
I loved this one shot. It was so sweet and it didn't feel ooc. Hope you write more stories about this couple!
Anjiru Hyure chapter 1 . 3/26/2012
Awww. I enjoyed this story. Especially how you built up to Rufus and Tifa. :)
Someone's Charm chapter 1 . 11/23/2011
I have to review this. The slow, natural build-up was delightful to read. I really appreciate the patient way you built their relationship, exploring her difficult feelings for him and giving enough hints at his slow development of feelings for her too. The way he clued her into why he came to her bar was so Rufus. In fact, Tifa and Rufus being so in character was the best part. You explored their little and big interactions within their moments together. The end felt a bit rushed (I do the same with long fics, because goodness, the end is in sight!), but you kept it cute. I love their banter! My favorite part of their banter is when he says that part about the night turning out satisfactory, Tifa saying that's the most unromantic thing she's ever been told, and him saying he could say something worse given time.

Thanks so much for a great RuTif romance!
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
nice
MK chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
I must confess, I wasn't expecting much at first. Not even half way through, I realized I was mistaken. This is certainly one of the best Rufus/Tifa fics I've ever read, and my few words are not doing it justice. This is a difficult pairing to deal with, and you managed really well.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 10/9/2011
Oh, it's so good to know you're writing again because, even after so long away, you are STILL the best Rufus/Tifa writer out there and this fic is a lovely one-shot that encapsulates everything I appreciate about their hot-and-cold chemistry. You write them both so wonderfully, Rufus' oblique mating dance will NEVER cease to amuse me, and this was just an excellent piece altogether. Thank you for putting it up!
CWolf2 chapter 1 . 8/21/2011
I'm so glad I found his gem of a story. I like how you fleshed out the characters' personalities through actions and observations. I especially liked Tifa's observations of Rufus. Great story and excellent writing!
hoheehum chapter 1 . 8/20/2011
Great characterization and flow, and super adorable. I particularly like how Rufus is so unromantic about it all. Great job!
Kopitar chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Aw! This was great. I loved Rufus's line at the end. One thing, though, that bothered me... "Vincent's party"? Vincent and party... Does not compute haha.

I thought it seemed to go pretty naturally, until maybe the end which was fast, but rightfully so, considering their circumstance. The fact that it took, what, a year? for them to become friends was pretty much spot on, I think. Their friendship definitely wouldn't come quickly. Anyway, good job!
petite-dreamer chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I've always said that there is no such thing as a crack pairing when good writing is involved, and this is a prime example. All the concerns you voiced in your note were unjustified in my opinion - there were no major canon contradictions that I noticed and the evolution of their relationship was realistic. Well done.
rach chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Amazing! Love it! Please continue!
shynsei chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
That's really sweet, i really enjoyed the story.

/cheer
Bullet2tm chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Hey,

Great story, I think there should be a part 2 to this! I mean, what happens after the war?

Bullet