Reviews for You Look Defeated When Sad
AdOkufukai chapter 1 . 10/22/2011
This too is an interesting one. I like how Lightning reflects on what SEED really is. Details were never given in the game, except how Squall said that SEED are expected to learn various skills. Never thought that you'd think the same way. It's great how you express the characters thoughts and personalities. I'd say more, but I can't express it in words. Let's just say, you gave them a more detailed description of what they have been through. Anyway, can't wait to read more of your one shots.
Platinumsabr chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
This is more what I'm accustomed to. I read one of your other fics someone had favorited, and it had Squall as a rather untrained 'schoolboy' in the militaristic sense, other than most survival techniques. Squall was named COMMANDER of his entire Garden, and he did a damn good job for the position he was put in when he was put in it, especially at his age. One would think even Lightning would have a bit more respect for him than that, but then again, I've never played Dissidia so I wouldn't know what the character interactions are like there. From basic canon between the two, I still like the couple. It would be an amusing thing to watch. Cute, definitely. So yeah, I like this take a lot better, even if it was significantly darker.

Nice job, nonetheless.

xTsukuyomii chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Love it! I think you characterized everyone perfectly, and this was written well. Great job on this! Please keep up the good work!
Platonic1 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
This is such a beautiful fiction. You did an exceptional work on portraying Sqaull and Light and their softer side. This probably your best Squall x Light fic. Kudos! Keep up the good work buddy!
Jupiter's Promise chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Nice job on this. I found the comforting portion very well-written, though I might have found it easier to believe in a case where they had an established relationship. Great story with a darker tone!
Alexander - Godslayer chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
I gotta say, I love your Dissidia fics so far. I still gotta read "One of Those Days", but I’ll certainly be getting there soon. I take this was the other "Teaser one-shot" mentioned at the end of "Leave, Then Return Again"’s third chapter’s notes, right?

Anyway, the exploration of characters and deep portrayal you work on your fics is downright amazing if you ask me. Every explored character feels truly human, balanced and most importantly, relatable. In this episode, it’s quite stunning, seeing how, even though it’s all narrated from Lightning’s point of view, the center of attention is Squall, and what’s going on in his mind, what demons he’s facing and what he thinks of himself after what he’s done, well… it’s all really interesting.

A part of me wishes, though, we eventually get to see what went in there, how did the interrogation go, why was it, if it was, necessary to end it that way, and how exactly Squall got the answers (dunno, but it sounded like he didn’t exactly get them through words…)

Focusing beyond this fic, I find the way this "series" is getting narrated rather… well, not sure what’s the word. I’m enjoying everything that comes so far, but I’d also like to read it all chronologically and be able to properly understand everything. Not to mention, this… random order for narration feels like it might be problematic for you. I say this because I get the impression that much of it you’re building it on the run, and sometimes this may cause… how to say it? Not sure if it’s a "problem", but considering how Shiva was introduced recently in the third chapter of what, chronologically, is the first story, it raises my wonders as to why she’s never around.

Also, if Prishe’s supposed to be relevant, I really ought to wonder where the hell she is among all this. She just had a short, unexplained appearance in "Healing the Scar" and that’s about it. I personally can’t wait for her to be more relevant to see what dimensions she might add to the interactions. Squall and Lightning could sure use someone cheerful at their side.

So, like I said, enjoying this a lot and planning to read whatever comes next.

Yours, " Shinryu’s after him" Alexander/Alexlayer.
Indurrago chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Awwwwww...that's was really touching. Reading these almost makes me wanna get a psp to see if there's any hint of romancing(bad idea I know lol). "You say smart things, sometimes." Luneth commented at the Blitzball star. Tidus scratched the back of his head sheepishly." That made me LOL. Terra's character interests me, she sounds more like a normal 16 or 17 year old than the woman she was at the end of ff6. Squall I know you just had a whooping but Lightning in nothing but her bra and panties...I'd have a...raging...LION-HEART!
ficcan chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Beautiful interaction with Squall and Lightning, I like this even though it's a bit dark. Say, will you ever tell the story behind this event? Maybe in another one-shot or in your main story perhaps? (Demanding for more) No pressure :P Keep it up.

Poor Terra, I hope she doesn't turn into an uncontrollable esper after this :(
Thien chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
I LOVE THIS! I love how you brought SeeD training in this, how dark it is compared to other factions across FF universes. The mention of Ultimecia won me over, of course.

I think you're also getting better with Lightning and Squall. Both of them are written beautifully here.