Reviews for The Slowest Burn
Amy chapter 37 . 1/10
Any chance of an update? I love love LOVE this story! I re-read it all the time!
twerd4ever chapter 37 . 12/26/2014
Just finished reading what you have written so far. I really love this story (and your killer song recommendations). Can't wait for chapter 38 )
Futurefamboo chapter 32 . 12/8/2014
I have only just realised that Chelsea in this is called chelsea salvatore! Nice i love vampire diaries!
mamato chapter 37 . 11/30/2014
Ok, this might not be a good review...but it's an honest one. I thought this story was really good until I got to the EPOV chapter. I don't 'quite' understand people's fascination with a 'bad boy', but whatever. I think they're more trouble and heartache than their worth, but I can see the intrigue...maybe. I really can't stand slutward stories, and normally steer clear of them, but again, this story was really good, and your writing is superb in catching a HS girl's emotions and thoughts. I'll admit I haven't really 'liked' Edward's character, as he is WAY to fickle for me, and as a boyfriend...honestly, he totally sucks. Bella constantly has to fight her insecurities because he's so secretive and lies by omission ALL THE TIME. I could NEVER live like that. It would be too stressful, and it just isn't worth it until that person can be honest with you. But I get the whole 'first love' thing and the kind of...obsession that it is. I was 18 a couple decades ago, and I remember my 'Edward', so yeah, I get the HS mentality. But I never dealt with the drugs or dishonesty or a past that's so mysterious and boyfriend in HS was pretty normal, and my insecurities back then were enough to deal with. I couldn't imagine adding all E's problems on top of that. But...whatever. Again, I'll say I can't STAND slutwards or cheatwards or douchewards. I just don't like reading Edward that's not why I read Twific. It's to find stories that keeps to the core values of his canon character. If I wanted to find stories about a manwh*re, there's plenty out there that DON'T use Edward, and rightly so. But once in a while a story is good enough to keep reading, even if he DOES have that massive character flaw, and I'll keep going. Now, given, his past is only 'hinted' too in this story because it's all BPOV, but when we get to EPOV, we KNOW. He's got a past with Gianna and LOTS of other chicks while drunk or high. Great...yeah, he's a real catch. So...ok, he had a rough childhood and he's a pessimist...and I could probably handle it that he has this nasty past BEFORE he meets Bella or knows she exists, because he doesn't KNOW any better. But, you have TOTALLY lost me when he claims to have LOVED her since he was 8 yrs old! Yeah, that just doesn't fly. You can't say that 'there's this girl that I've known for YEARS that my heart belongs too, but I've been f*cking my way through the years just waiting for her...oh, and you need to 'thank' Gianna for teaching me everything I know so I could sex up my TRUE love the proper way...and of course all the 'unmentionable' girls I let on my dick because, ya' know, I'm just that awesome, and I was thinking about Bella the WHOLE time I was with all those other girls...right? I mean, even if Bella didn't know how I felt about her for YEARS, she'd appreciate that I didn't wait around for her and learned a few moves on the long as SHE kept herself pristine for me, all is cool!'

LOL! I just have to laugh at the mentality. I just don't understand authors that want us to believe there's this history of unknown love and devotion while they are screwing just boggles my mind. Are people so twisted that guys and girls don't even know what it is to 'love' someone these days? Even a HS'er knows enough about love, even INFATUATION, to have a tiny bit of fidelity in them, or to have a conscience about what they're doing, and know that their past will have to be explained at some point, all the while saying 'but I loved YOU the whole time!' Can you make me understand this concept? I just don't get it! It would have been much better if he did his drug induced wh*ring before he met Bella...which would make it so much more credible and believable that he could change. But knowing he's known and 'felt' for her what he has, and did that stuff anyway, makes his character worthless. He's completely untrustworthy and he doesn't have a loyal bone in his body. But Bella doesn't really know this, does she...I mean, how would she react when he says 'I f*cked LOTS of girls all while loving you'? And how do you reconcile that with the future? How do you get past that, when it's just this huge neon sign saying run far, far away if that's what their 'love' looks and feels like?

Again, your storytelling is wonderful, but I HATE that you used TWIFIC to fit Edward into this despicable character. Or honestly, I don't know how you'd pull it off with ANY fanfic character because those principles still hold true regardless of the 'background'. He's just a shitty kid, with a shitty past, who deals with pain and anger in a shitty way, and it doesn't matter who his heart belongs to from childhood, because his dick is public property and his 'heart' will just have to deal...

Sorry, can't be on board with this concept. But good luck!
msnomer chapter 37 . 11/24/2014
Ugh, so I mistakenly thought this was complete and started reading. Got to the last twenty pages or so and started thing that "hmm, maybe I was wrong..." lol

It's very intense, and carnal, and thoroughly enjoyable for those two reasons. Would love to read more.
bhr chapter 28 . 11/17/2014
Charlie & Renee in this chapter are wonderful. I especially loved what Charlie had to say to the point where it hit home. Wonderful chapter, wonderful story :)
betty.p.dixon.3 chapter 37 . 11/11/2014
This was an awesome story! I loved the push and pull of each character. I wish I could know what happened with his mother; but, I think it's irrelevant because Edward found what he needed in Bella. Great job!
ItCan'tRainForever chapter 37 . 11/11/2014
Noooo I don't want it to be over! This is amazing. I couldn't put it down. seriously you should consider writing professionally
blb1000 chapter 35 . 10/21/2014
Love the peen pinata! For my bf's bridal shower I created a new game, Hang the Dong on the Dude. Featuring a poster size blow up from Playgirl & guests each drew & cut out their own dong. (:-P) We've shipped it back & forth across the country as each friend got married.
blb1000 chapter 33 . 10/20/2014
So no more heard from Alice after she spread false rumors or Jasper after he believed them?
blb1000 chapter 32 . 10/20/2014
She could always ask the loser if he'll follow? Makes too much sense for fan fic though. :-P
blb1000 chapter 31 . 10/20/2014
This it's the first we've actually seen or heard of them going to school, only to be nearly kicked out.
blb1000 chapter 30 . 10/19/2014
That doesn't mean anything. He may know what grave yard she's in. I wish his butt would just get thrown in jail so he'd finally hit bottom.
blb1000 chapter 28 . 10/19/2014
Thank goodness for Charlie! Last chapter, she wanted to go to Boston I and now it's Vassar?
blb1000 chapter 25 . 10/19/2014
Have a hard time believing he missed dinner to tell off Alice. What prompted that?
7,016 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 .. Last Next »