Reviews for The Slowest Burn
XmariskaX chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Okay, it's official. I love your story! Royce is being an asshole, Mike is the biggest creep ever and I want Bella and Edward to hook up for real! Can't wait for next friday ;)
twifanmom chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Oh my... You love to taunt us! The whole situation with Rose and why she doesn't want to be with Emmett, her admitting to Bella that she has talked to Cullen and he's not that bad...good stuff. Then holy cow with the whole Charlie scene, how emotional! I love how he took Rose and showed her unconditional love as a parent should which is what she needed. And I'm glad she forced Bella to tell him about what happened so that she could do what was right. And the whole Bella and Edward thing is KILLING me right now! I don't blame him for not being trusting of her because he has laid it all out there so many times and gotten burned, but ugh! Then, the biggest ALMOST kiss of the decade...then we were kiss-blocked by Royce in a car :(. It's killing me to know what Edward was wanting to say to Bella at the end...the "I...I...you...Bella, I want...".

I think the song could be for more than one context of this story...one that comes to mind is between Rose and Royce, she says she still has phantom feelings for him and the fact that he is the baby-daddy makes things hard for her so he might not be totally unworthy, but she is in unchartered territory and doesn't want him around, so he's uninvited... The other is the relationship between Edward and Bella, but in the context of how he sees her viewing her life between the clique crowd versus the non-clique crowd. Like maybe his life (non-clique) is unchartered for her right now and she's intrigued, she's had a love before, but is she ready to love him? He's not sure and needs time to figure it out. He just found out that she and Jasper broke up and he prob wants to make sure she's not just rebounding.

I might be totally off base...was never an English major, I'm a numbers girl with a Finance degree, but thought I'd give it a shot! : D
zazzoo chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
I wanted to bitch slap Bella few times in this chapter.
Jonesn chapter 11 . 9/3/2011
"Going to hell with gas soaked underwear"... That's a new one... I like it. Lol!
Mrs.EmmettCullen1526 chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
i really love this story.
switchfootgrl chapter 1 . 9/3/2011
I just found this story last night...and it sucked me right in. I was instantly addicted..its so well written. I love this Edward. Can't wait for the update.
sibilantspiel chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Goddamned kissblock. I was all psyched up and breathless about it, too. That's just cruel, woman.

Anyhow, a lovely chapter. I guess I'll have to wait for my Hollywood smoochfest. xoxo
meadowgirl552 chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
This has got to be one of the best stories, I love this realistic teen Bella, so confused as to what she wants although her instincts know. This Edward, Jeezzus one of the hottest! Come on Bella work harder... hehe. He does not give in to her so easily and its about time.
Scattycow chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
You've managed to achieve the impossible (with me anyway) with this story!

You've got me empathising entirely with the male character!

This has never happened to me before in an Edward/Bella fanfic. I ALWAYS get into the Bella mindset and remain there, fighting her corner throughout.

Not here though. Bella is selfish, fickle and very immature. There is hope for her. She does seem to be groowing up, realising appearances don't mean as much as we all think they do when we are young.

I just want to cuddle Edward, both innocently and not so innocently ;).

Well done Typokween. I'm so impressed with your writing and can't wait for new chapters.
IGOTEAMEDWARD chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Love the story!
lebells1 chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
mmm.. i like the questions you pose at the end chpt a/ns. It feels like breaking down lyrics, analysis, inferencing- those things you are asked to do in literature class, sometimes.. even though the last lit class I took was when I was in junior high.

Looking at the lyrics, I think it best fits the last scene the most. 'I don't think you unworthy' ' I need a moment to deliberate'... this par up to the scene where Edward was hesistant about their near-kiss. The struggle he faces, up to the point when the Royce (absolute kiss-blocker) sounded the horn.

You speak of my love like

You have experienced love like mine before

But this is not allowed

You're uninvited

An unfortunate slight

All these could be Edward's thoughts? How he meant to say to Bella that she has no idea what she's to him- which is SO much more than she ever knows- even though she keeps fucking up,(numerous rejections on her pat) when it comes to Edward. 'But this is not allowed. You're univited' could be Edwrd's anger he feels toward Bella because he somehow feels weary of trying to make her see that she's his. He contemplates giving up, and not fighting for her?

So yep. There you go.

btw, the songs you rec'ed me on twitter were amazing. you have like fabulous, unique taste! xoxo
FCUKROB chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Floving this.
jlanley chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Thanks for a great chapter, cant wait till next Friday.
cookies fortune chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Your story is amazing! I get so excited wen I see ur updates.. Can't wait to see wat happens!
winterohnine chapter 13 . 9/3/2011
Ghhhod! This baby gets better and better with each update. I can't wait for next Friday!
7,095 | « Prev Page 1 .. 401 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 421 .. Last Next »