Reviews for The King's Gambit
Francis Sinclair chapter 2 . 11/5/2014
Your writing isn't bad, exactly, but I'm having trouble understanding quite a few things here. You seem to have taken away a lot of Charles's powers. If Stryker and co. didn't know about telepaths, then they wouldn't have any kind of insulating metals put in place. Charles could have controlled everyone in the vicinity, wiped them, and walked out without any casualties. Also, as I understand it, the reason Shaw is difficult to control is that he's a powerful mutant. Stryker, being a human, shouldn't prove a challenge to a telepath of Charles's calibre, however twisted he may be.

Also I kind of wish you had made the torture session last longer (it's kind of terrible of me, I know). Charles Xavier is by no means a weak-willed person, and if he's decided on doing something, it'll be very hard to make him do otherwise indeed. Adding a few more tricks before gives in will just make the despair and failure seem that much more authentic.
weemcg33 chapter 6 . 8/13/2014
Mind-blowingly awesome! There are no more words!
weemcg33 chapter 5 . 8/13/2014
Awwww I loved this chapter, it might just be my favourite but I have one left so I could be wrong ;)
I especially loved Charles explaining the rules of chess, only he would get away with calling Erik a *queen* lol but the rescue was action packed and detailed so well I could just see it happening. Erik is a BAMF, do not mess with him when Charles is in danger, also love Wade! He's awesome with a capital A!
weemcg33 chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
My goodness you have pulled me in yet again lol
This is looking to be a vert gripping, action packed story with lots of hurt/comfort...my favourite ;)
icanhearthedrums chapter 6 . 2/4/2014
OMG I LOVED THIS! absolutely amazing!
thebeautifulbicky chapter 6 . 12/15/2013
Wow this is such a great story! It's... perfection.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/19/2013
I actually hate the word perfection - it seems too much like 'Magneto' rather than Erik, if that makes sense. I like the story - you could expound on this but then again quality over quantity.
Guest chapter 5 . 4/19/2013
I was going to make a comment that was along the lines of, "Charles is king and Erik protects the king" OMFG. I just died when I read this chapter, I looooooooooove it! I can't express how awesome this is in a more sedate manner because BAM, I love this and I can't think properly with the high.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/19/2013
I do hope Charles gets rescued ASAP.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/19/2013
Charles is my favorite character too and is that Stryker's son? Poor, poor Charles.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/19/2013
Hank was wonderful. Forgive but never forget.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/19/2013
Oh no, is lodged somewhere between my throat and heart. I really hate that Stryker because he just can't be human.
Maple Tales chapter 5 . 3/25/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
Drought chapter 6 . 11/19/2012
Woah, this is real good. I like your re-evaluation of the beach scene, and the result of damaged leg versus paralysis is a pretty tidy way to let Charles still be involved in the action. This story was equal parts sweet and badass and satisfyingly traumatic, so nice job. :)
Dark Satirist chapter 6 . 4/1/2012
So... this is like... the billionth time I've reread this story... and every single time, it amazes me how beautifully you've captured the characters... and how amazingly intense this whole thing is. Even though I knew what was going to happen, I was still on the edge of my seat, biting my nails while reading this. Great job. :)

DS