Reviews for The Green Blade
LehoniMaccaroni chapter 15 . 3/29/2019
Okay so I am aware that this fic is quite old but I don't care. This is so amazing! It just got everything so right and feels so authentic! I'm pretty sure that everything awesome has already been pointed out by the 1000 comments before mine but I made an account for this website just to leave a comment here and this is pretty much the highest compliment I'm capable of.

Amazing job, well done I loved every second of it!
Brenda Joyeux chapter 15 . 3/28/2019
I thought it was Hopkins but I was wrong. But it was very intertaining. Thank you for sharing.
Brenda Joyeux chapter 7 . 3/27/2019
Too bad Sherlock didn't answer John's question, about the possibility to be friends if they had met when they were still kids.
Griselda Banks chapter 15 . 1/29/2019
Okay, I don't care how old it is. This is, without a doubt, the best Sherlock fic I have ever read. Everything was just...spot-on. The mystery was engaging, the red herrings kept me guessing all the way up to the climax, the characterization was EXCELLENT, and it was peppered with humor and heart in exactly the right places. If someone told me this was an official, published Sherlock Holmes story, I wouldn't be surprised.

I have to say that my favorite thing about this fic is all the discussion of John and Sherlock's relationship, particularly between those two. I mean, the gay jokes in the show can be funny, and all the misunderstandings in this fic made me laugh...but you didn't just leave it there. That's what sets this apart, I think. Instead of just leaving it at "ohoho, innuendo!" like the show too often does, you used it to really dig down into who the characters are and what they mean to each other. You used it as a vehicle for moving the characters closer and making their friendship more intentional - WITHOUT making them OOC or twisting them in directions that don't fit. Obviously we now know that their relationship progressed a little differently in canon (such as Sherlock not realizing he's John's best friend until halfway through season 3), but beyond a few specifics, I could absolutely believe this happened at some point in the background.

And...I just really needed this. It's so hard to find someone who agrees with me about their relationship, and can see them as being very close, very NOT normal...but not in a romance. Even more rare to find someone who can do that AND write well, with a good plot.

Thanks for an excellent read. You should be proud of yourself, even seven years later!
BingeMac chapter 1 . 12/30/2018
One of the best Sherlock fics I've ever read. The case itself was amazing. I really hope you write mystery novels of your own because damn! Can't wait to read all your other stuff.
Olivia chapter 15 . 12/26/2018
Absolutely fucking fantastic no joke I love this so much, 10/10 would johnlock again
Guest chapter 15 . 11/11/2018
Great job! My two ideas of who the killer was... WRONG!
Mischievous MoMo chapter 15 . 10/19/2018
You make me want to be better. Thank you for this.
Sherlockfriendship chapter 1 . 9/24/2018
Damn
Emy chapter 15 . 9/20/2018
Absolutely amazing I love this story it was so good! I couldn’t even tell what was going to happen like in most fanfics! I highly recommend and will be telling all my fellow Sherlock fans! (And with the johnlock friendship just made it the best!) Thank you!
Mell C chapter 14 . 9/16/2018
Am backtracking a bit to say that I love the subtle and rich emotional depth to the whole story as well as Sherlock and John's relationship/friendship. Their conversation in Sherlock's .one of the best I've read re the characters honestly discussing their thoughts and feelings. And, I had guessed incorrectly about the killer. So good job fooling me.
Mell C chapter 15 . 9/16/2018
Fantastic writing and story. I loved it. Thank you for writing and sharing.
Mell C chapter 13 . 9/16/2018
So delightfully suspenseful!
pipib chapter 14 . 8/3/2018
I had only half worked out who the killer was.
There was quite a few red herrings in the mix. Great story.
Guest chapter 15 . 6/30/2018
This is ultimately THE BEST thing I've read for a LONG LONG TIME and thank you SO SO MUCH for sharing this story with the world!
1,016 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »