Reviews for A Man of Sixteen
Chipmunk94 chapter 1 . 9/24/2013
People never think about how difficult it must be to kill people, especially when you have hearts as big as the Cartwrights.
jinxcat21 chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
I only wish it had been a little longer and hod more dialogue. Otherwise, perfect.
Caroll's Pen chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
Well done - short and meaningful. A delight and insight to read.

Cf
bearsblue chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
so good to read this story - love it all
idmarryhoss chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
I've read this so many times, but I think the review will never hurt. :)

The comparisons you make - the wine that tasted funny, but a man would drink it and Joe was a man.

It speaks volumes to me, not because it's wine talking, but with all that you say with your story.

Joe would be proud, now, because he was a man.

And becoming a man can be sad, can make you overwhelmed, you'll learn to see also the turnside. This is very effective, especially in the BZ fanfic masses that have remarkable saviour stories of deadly injuries and sentences of hanging to the evil-doers... yes, the wine tastes funny.

I guess I'll need to listen "Strange Fruit" for tonight to finish my healing from allegories.
inlovewithbonanza chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
This is a really really well written story. I was surprised to discover you are from Germany and not a native born English speaker. Your grasp of the language is better than a lot of native English speakers I know!

is there a possibility that you could flesh this story out? I love how it is now, but I would really love to read it in more detail. Since most of the Bonanza episodes have been taken off Youtube, I'm always looking for a good fanfiction that reads like an actual Bonanza episode. They are few and far between unfortunately. That's why I'd love to read this story in greater detail. I am very confident it would read like a Bonanza episode. :) Keep up the good writing!
gaben chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Very Nice. Hey, little buddy... And good man to boot. With a wise big brother to accept a good man's tears.
TRUMAN'S SHELL chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
I love how you bring Adam and Little Joe together. It's always hard to grow and that had to be even harder.
Elizabeth Gamgee chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
this is good i love adam/joe bonding it's beautiful
BJ2 chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
I don't care how many times I read this I love it more every time. Somehow you wormed your way into a 16 year old child's brain and let us watch the painful process of learning the meaning of "Being a Man" during the 1860's in Northern Nevada. Thank goodness his oldest brother already learned the same hard lesson. Thank goodness he was there for his little Buddy. This is brilliant Faust. :)