Reviews for Whimper
SonnetST chapter 3 . 12/19/2012
Oooh, now this is interesting! I really love the characters, such normal people stuck in the middle with someone like V- and who won't be as easily pushed around as Evey!

My only question is why no one recognizes Guy ('just ziz guy, you know?') from V's whole TV speech? Do they just assume he was another one of the mask-people from the end who just doesn't want to let that revolution go? Maybe will someone wonder?

Can't wait to hear more!
BrokenForYouSpilledForYou chapter 3 . 12/17/2012
Okay, this is really interesting, and I want to read more of it. Please continue. :)

EwigeStudentin chapter 3 . 12/17/2012
Thank you so much for publishing this chapter! Apart from giving me that purely aesthetic pleasure of reading anything written by you, it defined the events of the story better and gave me a lot to think about.

Sally is a treasure :) I literally laughed out loud at the first paragraph! Guy as a church gargoyle - I can totally see that! x) She is not just a lovely addition to the colorful gang, but also a very useful one because she helps us readers narrow down the time print of the current events. And the general apocalypse mood and talks between the characters show the extent of the disaster clearer.

I originally thought it was some 5 years into V's 20 years of scheming and planning, and the flood was more local. Now I see that you apparently went completely AU because many things indicate that the events take place towards the end of those 20 years (because it takes an elderly lady to remember the time before Sutler properly), and that the disaster happened on the global scale (nobody came to look for survivors in a major capital city in three weeks - must mean that not only the UK, but also the rest of the world suffered from it).

So, the question is indeed, what are the survivors going to do? And what, exactly, happens to a man's living, breathing vendetta?

Just to get it straight - I LUV apocafics. My other fandoms are more sci-fi-ish and apocafics are easier available there just because of the genre. I cannot repeat often enough how THRILLED I am to be reading a V4V apocafic - what a rare animal it is - as rare as the sight of V riding a unicycle, probably. And just like with V on a unicycle, I can't take my eyes off your story, all the while wondering how it will end. I don't really know, but maybe - maybe - you sort of, a little bit, wrote yourself into a corner here?

V was against the corrupt government - the government is gone. Most of the people responsible for Larkhill, St. Mary's and political oppression are probably dead. The oppressed are dead save for a handful of survivors. The Gallery was probably flooded; Evey Hammond died either in her JRC or in the Jordan Tower, depending on what year it is. The Parliament is a ruin.

If Guy was to follow the movie's V example, he'd just kill himself right then and there because there was no place for him in this new world :p My best guess is that his vendetta is over. Still, somehow, I have a feeling that you had something interesting in mind for him :)

Thank you for sharing! And don't mind my ramblings, I truly loved every single word of this story.
firefly chapter 3 . 12/16/2012
This story is soo interesting! Please continue with it, and post more as soon as you can.
EwigeStudentin chapter 2 . 12/7/2012
Please, tell me it's not the last chapter? :(

It's so good, it's gotten even better! Sneaky how you mentioned a "Guy" in the first chapter, hehe!

The storytelling style you picked - through your perfectly average non-superhero girl - is really enthralling, I love how you show V through her eyes. It's adorable and funny, especially towards the end, but also sober and point-on. Love the tiny details she notices about him - and yes, it's our V indeed. He doesn't say or do much in this chapter but you still managed to write him perfectly in character.

I see you still write, although for another fandom. Have you moved on and abandoned this story? It's got so much potential! A singular idea, superb writing... please, will there ever be more? I usually do my best to respect writers' decisions and don't beg for more chapters to abandoned stories, but I feel it's going to be really hard in this case. Is there a way I could motivate you to continue? Can I interest you in an art trade? I am quite good at digital drawing, for one thing.

Please, don't let me hanging. Tell me something, anything. If you are certain you won't write more for this story, then maybe you could write up a couple of words on what you were planning to do in it... *sigh* If you have time, maybe you could PM me and we could figure something out. I would really go out of my way to motivate you to write more or even finish this story...

In any case, thank you very much for sharing these two chapters! Great writing there, I loved every word :)
EwigeStudentin chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
What an intriguing first chapter! You wrote it so well that I could immediately recognize the atmosphere of V for Vendetta's universe, but I couldn't place the events. Now I realize it must be V's time before Evey? WOW. How cool is that! There are definitely too few stories that explore those TWENTY years, and I am yet to see one that would be nearly as good as yours!

I love your original character :) What a smart move to pick an average non-superhero girl. I think you did a great job characterizing Alisa. Brandon and the other guys sound good too, I am definitely looking forward to reading more about them all!

And then, in the end of the chapter, V makes his appearance! (well, sort of, lol)
*insert major SQUEE here*
Very, very intriguing!
niftynoshing chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
What a perfect name for him! I love how you wrote that in there, with a reasonable reason for it. ) Another marvelous chapter.
niftynoshing chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
An intriguing, well-written start. I'm extremely curious to see how you continue this. )