Reviews for Night Watch
mille libri chapter 1 . 1/22/2015
I like the subtle progression here as she wants to trust but can't remove the idea of him as a Templar from her mind, and that it is Alistair who finally finds the definition that she can think about trusting.
Graymalkyn chapter 1 . 1/14/2014
Alistair, ever so sweet. Nice story. This works as a great reminder of the fact that everyone's "branded" in the Circle; not just the Tranquil folk. Branded with fear, prejudice, loneliness, isolation; even a certain defamiliarization with everyday things...
I always see the Amells and the Suranas differently, though, and their reactions to the Outside world are different as well. (In my mind, Amell gave up his chance to join the Wardens so that Surana could go instead, thus sparing her from Aeonar. The joys of headcanons.)
stoobzzwife chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
Now this is a sweet one! "Maybe there's a difference between watching and watching out for." Because she has thought all this time that he was "watching" her when really he was watching out "for" her. Of course it makes sense why she would feel this way but he oh so gently helps her to see HIM not the templar in him.
Girl-chama chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
Oh, I really appreciate this. I think her misreading Alistair's watching her was really touching. You could have pulled this out longer if you wanted!
born2darkness chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
Aw, this is too sweet. Alistair and Amell are precious together, the way he looks after her. The one thing that makes me sad about this game is how we don't get to see more extensive looks at how individual backgrounds affect the relationships with the Warden's companions, and I think you filled a much-needed wish of mine to see these two acknowledge the Templar-Mage thing, and move past it. (And ok, maybe I'm slightly biased because my female Amell also romanced Alistair... and was named Rhiannon. This story is clearly meant just for me.)
BetaReject chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Eesh the way you write these two is just how I envisioned my mage Amell and Alistair to be as well. I love how things between them are muddy and complicated yet Alistair isn't about to give up and Amell isn't quite ready to give in.

I've only started playing DA:O myself as a mage I've never done it before. Wow what an eye opener! As a warrior (cousland) you really don't see the dark side of templars so I never knew until DA2 but now damn...

You really captured that tension here so well that unspoken distrust, the fear and the suspicion showing how difficult it is to unlearn what has been learned all one's life. Beautiful job here too!
Natzo chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Cute, it's nice too see the doubt in a mage instaed of the super being the game portrays.
Witchy Bee chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
This was very sweet. Well done. I like the simple, direct way you have with words.