Reviews for No Power in the 'Verse
i ish shoopuf chapter 2 . 3/5
Don't think this is how that conversation would go. In one of the episodes, it seems that she was thinking about leaving the job behind, but still... Just leaving the literal aspecs of what she does, does not mean that she would have to give up the essence of companionship behind. It's how she interacts with everyone: with the crew, with those at port when need be. She would not be leaving herself, and he was fine with everything else that meant being a companion.

I know you had to do something with this character, but I wished you could have done something else to make your OTP work besides shipping her out... At least you didn't kill her off, I know that's what would happen in Canon, but when you wrote this I am not sure you would have known (that other short story you made that was before BC Unite but apparently Joss made a little slip somewhere about her health, at that point; so, I don't think it was done in I'll taste).
ladygoddess8 chapter 18 . 1/25
An amazing fic. I loved the flow. I liked that Mal and Inara came to an understanding that they can never love each other enough to find ground to work. Both too stubborn in their ways to be able to see another. Sometimes love is not always enough to fix a problem and effort has to be made. This is why Inara and Mal would never work. They loved each other but never truly made an effort for each other. Also, though they had chemistry, it was much like an explosion, loud but never lasting, when River and Mal had sparks but a long lasting burn. The slow development of the relationship between River and Mal was nice. River never stopped in her pursuit even when it seemed hopeless. She reached for Mal and forced her way under his skin. They balance each other and even when Mal was trying his hardest not to succumb to his desire he never turned his back on River and always explained himself to her.
sampam69 chapter 18 . 10/3/2014
BEAUTIFUL :-)
Kittencat3 chapter 7 . 9/25/2014
"Was shouting 'duck.' You didn't."

Too freaking funny. So far a brilliant fic.
MeggIsAMachine chapter 18 . 7/13/2014
Thank God someone else pairs Mal and River. My FIrefly obsession is unhealthy but thank you so much for writing this. I adored it.
EnsignAbby chapter 18 . 6/24/2014
I love how a fic can grab your attention to the point where work, life, and everything else just disappears into that sigh of satisfaction that only good storytelling can illicit. Well done. :)
EagleJarl chapter 18 . 11/17/2013
And closing out with tenderness and strength. Well done, great story.
EagleJarl chapter 17 . 11/17/2013
Oh my.

*fans self*

Uh...good chapter. Excellent, um, spelling. Yeah.
EagleJarl chapter 14 . 11/17/2013
Ah, yes. Her powers *can* be used for evil. :)

I liked your phrasing about her borrowing traits from the other women to build her mask. It was so River, and felt so true.
EagleJarl chapter 13 . 11/17/2013
I find myself waiting eagerly for Mal's downfall. Not long now, I should expect.

Glad to see that Inara's ghost is a little bit of an issue.
EagleJarl chapter 10 . 11/17/2013
Doooooomed! Dooomed, I say! Mwahahaha!
EagleJarl chapter 9 . 11/17/2013
And finally the penny drops. Oh Mal, you are so doomed. Teenage genius telepath precog super soldier got you in her sites; it's hopeless, just accept it.
EagleJarl chapter 7 . 11/17/2013
Interesting story. River is being very sweet about this. If she keeps on creeping up on Mal all slow-like, I can see him looking past the age difference.
EagleJarl chapter 2 . 11/16/2013
This is a good, very believable, way to move Inara aside to make room for River. I hope she doesn't just vanish from his heart; River should have to fight with Inara's ghost if she wants Mal.
Guest chapter 18 . 9/25/2013
Lovely story. I never thought I'd want to read a Mal/River romance but I'm glad I did. You wrote them both so realistically that their relationship felt natural and not skeevy.