Reviews for Retrieval
Roadrunnerz chapter 21 . 11/28/2012
Wow...Renee introspection! Pretty interesting to see her look back on all the turmoil (inner and otherwise) that brought her to where she is now. When she's looking back on her visit to Jack at the hospital kinda broke my heart. :(

I've wanted to give her a hug since the first chapter, but I REALLY wanted to give her a hug in this one. If I didn't think the pain of it would kill her. lol

And this, "That's the fleeting nature of gratitude for you" OMG...thank you for saying that Renee, 'cause I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to say that while watching the show! Seriously, they should name a holiday after the guy, not persecute him.

Speaking of Jack, what's going on with him on the ship?

*impatient GR*

*smoooches*
ghost141 chapter 21 . 11/18/2012
Awesome chapter as always!

I really love that you're continuing filling the gap in Renee's story between day 7 and day 8, and you did an amazing job, especially in describing her thoughts and feelings during the time when everything seemingly crashing down on her. I love that you vividly described how "numb" and "lost" she felt after day 7's events, which, I think, really bridges the gap in turn of her character transition between day 7 and day 8.

Please continue with the good work :)
Lara Cox chapter 21 . 11/13/2012
Amazing chapter, as always. You made me cry once again.
Please, update soon
DieHardBrendan chapter 21 . 11/13/2012
Hmmm...Quite an emotional chapter there.

Renee thoughts we're quite intense and sad. I just hope she'll get out of the hospital soon.

Anyway, keep up with your good work.
Roadrunnerz chapter 20 . 7/22/2012
Okay ASIDE from the continued torment of Renee, the ripped out arterial line (GDA!) and the lack of Jack (we need him back!) that was lovely. As always, because your writing is just...special. (and I mean that in a good way, lol)

Really like the burgeoning friendship between Renee and Janis. SO glad Renee finally felt like she COULD confide in her. She needs a friend methinks. Especially since her only other one is an ocean away and on the run, and you know, doesn't know she's still alive...

You rock. That is all.
DieHardBrendan chapter 20 . 7/19/2012
Well, it was interesting for Renee having to deal with the aftermath of everything she went through. Janis is cretainly trying to reach out to her after what Renee did to her in Day 7 and that she found her when she tried to kill herself.

Renee feels saddened by what Jack did after he thought she was dead and she is still tired during her recovery.

I hope to read more soon.
ghost141 chapter 20 . 7/18/2012
Again, amazing chapter!

I really like the way you wrote Renee's inner thoughts. They are completely in character :)
And the way Renee trying to figure out what Jack would do after he escaped from Logan's goons. It really shows that even though she had suffered through PSTD & gunshot wound, she was still a Federal agent at heart.

Plus, the part where she slowly opening up to Janis again is also well-written.

Please keep up the good work :)
Lara Cox chapter 20 . 7/17/2012
YAY, you updated again! I'm so glad! I've been missing this story like crazy.
I loved this chapter. It was very good, as always.
Poor Renee, she's really miserable.
Personally, I'm not very interested in Cole, because I'm not a fan of him. But that part was very well written. Cole must have so many emotions.
keep up the good work and, please, update faster this time.
Caiternate chapter 19 . 4/27/2012
Excellent chapter, as usual. It's always lovely to read your fic. I think you've captured the dynamic between Renee and Janis quite well. Can't wait for the next one!
ghost141 chapter 19 . 4/26/2012
Awesome chapter as always :)

Renee's interaction with Janis is really nice! I kinda wonder how will Renee react to the news concerning witness protection :P

Can't wait for the next chapter!
Roadrunnerz chapter 19 . 4/26/2012
I AM an awesome guinea pig, right? (Then again how many guinea pigs do you have in your life? ;) )

You know, biased as I am towards the Jack-on-the-tanker parts, I really liked this chapter. Really liked the dynamic between the two women and ended up feeling for both of them here. Janis who's just...trying so hard to do what she can for Renee, and Renee who's just so...frustrated and HAS to take it out on someone, and of course that happens to be Janis. By default, seeing as she's the one who's there for her. :-/

Methinks there'll be a real friendship developing between them before this is all over.

And of course your details are just perfect. As always.

Can't wait to see where you're taking this next. Hurry up, would you? (awesome IMPATIENT gp, that is)
DieHardBrendan chapter 19 . 4/23/2012
That's a pretty good chapter with the Renee and Janis interaction since the Day 7 finale.

Renee is still feels uneasy to be around Janis from what I read.

Hope to see more of this story soon.
Roadrunnerz chapter 18 . 3/16/2012
It's great to see Renee making baby steps towards getting better, even while it's just as hard to see how difficult a recovery it's going to be. (And here you thought YOU were the Gemini, lol)

Can't you just get Jack off the boat (much as I love the "Jack-on-the-ship" parts, lol) and into her room? You know, for ME?

Soooo looking forward to having them meet up.
ghost141 chapter 18 . 3/14/2012
Again, awesome chapter! :)

Aside being hospitalized, Renee is also dealing with her emotional scars. Not only she feels guilty, but also feels the uneasiness of waking up in a world where so much has changed.I really think you portray that part well. Plus, her interaction with Cole is also well-written (Those 2 didn't interact much during the course of day 8).

I was kinda wondering why Chloe didn't tell Renee about exactly what happened to Jack after Logan's guys ambushed the ambulance in ch16 but now I see why.

Please keep up the good work.
Lara Cox chapter 18 . 3/13/2012
GREAT JOB! Kudos. I loved this chapter.

Poor Renee, she's suffering so much.

One little thing: Renee didn't seem to react to the fact that Jack put a gun in his simply said "You did what you had to do, Chloe," and "But why were you even in the field?". I mean... Jack nearly killed himself,basically because she died on him. In my opinion, that fact should hit her in the next chapter.

Anyway... I like long stories, and the fact that it's moving slowly has an advantage... you can get into details and really explore the topics throughfully. The real show moved so fast and posed very deep topics without truly stopping to analizing them, so sometimes it came off as too shallow, IMHO. And to clarify... I loved the show. But I honestly think the writting was not very good.

By the way, I hope you don't mind that I'm writting my own Renee-secretly-survived story (In adition to my series). Your story and Ghost's made me think a lot about the subject.

Anyway... hope to read more of this great story soon

Lara