Reviews for The Kindest of Kisses Breaks the Hardest of Hearts
horoscopesarelies chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
This is so incredibly beautiful and hits all the right spots, I'm in awe of your writing. It had such a fine balance of melancholy and hope, and I think you blended every element of Merlin and Morgana's relationship so well, I'm truly amazed. Thank you for this gorgeous story.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
I honestly don't know what to say, you've left me speechless with the beauty of this story. It captured all the mergana pain, and angst and love so well, that I think most authors can't manage in multi chaptered stories what you captured with this oneshot, I enjoyed it so much, you know and understand these characters better than the stupid writers of the show itself!
Killer Sand Shadow chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Okay I'll admit I normally hate the sad ones, but this one was just genius (not surprised). Also again you're understanding and representation of the characters are perfection, bar none.
Danterevan chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
AH very well done im always amazed at how well you write and how it always seems so right thanyou

D
bluepianos chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I thought this was one of your better fics. You kept both characters IN character the entire time and also managed to make their relationship super-angsty with the right amount of sorrow and love. Alright, you probably don't know me (yet!) but I've recently become quite a fan of your work for Merlin — ESPECIALLY 'Beautiful Unfolding'. God, that hit my heart.

This was a splendid oneshot, I enjoyed it a lot. It was well paced and really developed Merlin's and Morgana's feelings for the other. Not rushed at all, no line was too cheesy, it was all-in-all a great read. A companion piece to this would be great, maybe as Morgana's side of the story or something else. Future!fics are wonderful — it's so fascinating to see these ancient legends interact in a modern environment. A follow-up to 'Beautiful Unfolding' is also something I'll be looking out for, — I'm sure it'll also be a fantastic piece. Keep this all up and I am really looking forward to your other work.
zammierox chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
so the italics bit was really good (not that the rest wasn't)..and then i got kinda confused with the whole jump to the future and the fact that they'd been alive all that time but i figured it out ) and it was really nice and sadly sweet, so good job! )
Eidolon02 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
You know, there are few authors on this site who I totally revere without fail. Well, not COMPLETELY, one can always find something to complain about, but with these writers I find I have to work to find something to nitpick. Of that list, you are straight at the top. Since I've wandered into this fandom, I can honestly say that you are one of the best and brightest Mergana writers that I've ever come across, and just one of the straight up best writers, technically speaking. Every one of your fics is not only wonderful, but inspires me to try to be a finer writer, and I was quite sad at your seeming withdrawal from the fandom.

So you can imagine how happy I am to have one of my favorite authors suddenly return, with THIS gem of piece. Seriously, don't worry about it running away with itself, the end result is just solid gold. As always, you have this way of painting these two a beautifully human and tragically in love, and while others have done fics like this I've yet to find one that codifies these two and their relationship the way you do.

This one in particular is just full to the brim with this quiet, simmering pathos that just cuts you right to the core, ugh, it's incredible! Merlin and Morgana are perfectly in character while still being older and wiser and harder, and their ancient, dysfunctional relationship just leaps off the screen and drags you into it. By the end, where they finally get a hard won victory, I was grinning so hard I thought my face would split. :)

Man, I think I've rambled enough, haven't I? XD So, again, thank you for such a beautiful, inspiring piece, and I'm glad to know you're still interested in the pairing. Hope to see more from you! _

~Eidolon02
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
*giggles* That was awesome! It's so romantic and so angsty!

I really love your writing.
Lothiriel5 chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
This was a good story, very well done.
Kitty O chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Probably not the healthiest of relationships, though. I'm sorry, I can't help saying things like that :) But I mean, come on. It's been centuries. Surely that's long enough to be like, "okay, he betrayed me once, but we're not at war anymore"?

I think it would take a lot more than a destruction of an army (by someone who was on the opposite side of the war) for me to not be able to say "I love you" anymore. But that's just me.

I think the story is a very sweet and sad one, and I'm glad that they sort of work things out.
wicked.insanity chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Gah! BR! You do this to me everytime. I looooved it. No matter what century you write these two in you still manage to write them just right. And yes you should totally write a companion piece, and that other piece. Definitely. I don't know why you even asked :-P
xXNifflerxX chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Wow, this story is really well written. I think you are a wonderful writer, and the plotline is enticing. I love the fact that you portrayed the characters perfectly, even their mannerisms are realistic to the show.

Annabelle.
xKrysx chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
This has been the most satisfying Merlin read I have had in a long, long time. I love the way you wrote future!Merlin and future!Morgana - it is so in-character and beautifully written. I love your future fics, and I do think you addressed the conflict brilliantly - if I were Morgana, it'll be hard for me to forgive Merlin too.

But what I particularly love is this - that after everything that has happened, they always find their way back to each other.

Beautifully written.

Thank you for writing.
deleted123789543 chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Fascinating idea. How Merlin and Morgana are some kind of immortals who've had to set aside their problems and just deal with it because there aren't any other immortals or something like that. Very nice x