Reviews for That's Why I'm Here
bountypeaches chapter 29 . 9/3/2014
"She was amazing just as she was and he was lucky to have her in his life so completely. This was huge for Booth. More importantly he felt that in fifty years he would be thinking the same thing."

Wow- that's basically what Booth said in Twist in the plot. You have such a great handle on the characters.

This is my favourite post HitH- pre CitG story. I think it is a very accurate representation of the characters. Brennan's continual slight uncertainty about what everything means and Booth's absolute certainty that this time its right.
bountypeaches chapter 25 . 9/3/2014
Loved Booth's response to Carson. I wish there was a version of Carson on the real show.

I always found it interesting that Booth was still able to use the word "fate" in Blackout. Coming on the heels of proposing marriage to someone else it did seem a bit disingenuous. But piecing it together I do think Booth knew all along that Hannah didn't want marriage. He proposed to drive her away- not necessarily consciously but I do think in the aftermath he realized that.

Watched glowing bones recently- Hodgins mentioned Booth drove Rebecca away by proposing which is interesting. And I do think he drove Brennan away by proposing- she was never going to agree to 50 years and even if they got together eventually Booth would asked that and drove her away.

I think Booth is just as scared of commitment for fear that he isn't good enough- so he finds women that always say "no" as per HH.
bountypeaches chapter 15 . 9/3/2014
I have to admit I am a bit contrary to most people. I actually think Brennan understands love better than Booth because she had seen a real pair bond as a child. I think she had experienced love before- at least with Sully. But she never allowed herself to indulge in it choosing to always keep her head. In CitC- she admits to feeling those chemicals before but not wanting to act upon them. I think she had known she was in love with Booth at least by the coma dream but was worried they were incompatible.

Booth on the other hand never had seen a pair bond- so he idealized love based on movies and books in the western culture and tried to push his relationships to fit that ideal. Booth could not understand why Hodgins would agree to stay with Angela if he had to compromise on marriage- so I don't think he had ever felt real love. I am not sure he ever truly experienced it before Brennan. I think what he felt in relationships was more was lust. Even before Hannah- all of Booth's relationships were shallow, lacking in emotional intimacy. That's why the way it was written he could only understand his own feelings in the context of an idealized coma dream. What made Brennan different was that for the first time he couldn't just move on.
bountypeaches chapter 13 . 9/3/2014
Loved this. Totally agree- what Booth had with Hannah was never real- it was he who never let it be real. But I think he was too afraid to allow reality into the mix because he knew the relationship wouldn't survive that and he needed the fantasy relationship. It was his distraction from Brennan's rejection. I personally think he was trying to convince himself he loved her, it was serious and he was happy. Everything he felt in DitM- was the after effect of the 100th that he never dealt with.

I do think he proposed because deep down he knew it was his way out. He just didn't want to admit he wanted an out. Consciously he was trying to convince himself that she wasn't mistake that if he was turning Brennan down for her then he had to want to marry her, right? When he was finally forced to admit that everything had been a mistake- his world fell apart. For the first time it forced him to recognize his own agency in his relationships. HH said Booth always CHOSE women who would say 'no'- that suggests a certain amount of self sabotage.

While I think consciously he was trying to convince himself the relationship was the real thing, subconsciously he proposed because he knew it would end things.
doctor22siren13angel16 chapter 28 . 4/5/2013
DOCTOR WHO! and I love ur story
Mabu1224 chapter 29 . 3/21/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
carrotycake chapter 29 . 2/28/2013
Hey I really enjoyed this! I don't normally have the patience to read 29 chapters, but this got me hooked! :)
marceline19 chapter 16 . 5/11/2012
I love this chapter!
Melissa chapter 29 . 4/28/2012
Just read your synopsis of the time gaps. Thank you for filling in all of the gaps. Your story was very near what I had been thinking myself. Great job, very well plotted, and written. Even your pacing was top notch.
Vicsterispissed chapter 14 . 1/4/2012
AWE!

U R AM AMAZING WRITER, I AM LAUGHING AND CRYING AND JUST FREAKING HAPPY!
iges2u chapter 29 . 12/14/2011
That was such a wonderful story. I really would have liked to watch your version on TV! Are you perhaps planing on writing a story about the missing months between the end of season 6 and the start of season 7? If you haven't thought about it till now - please think about it!
kayura sanada chapter 1 . 11/18/2011
Thank. You. bows/ I'd write more, but I have kitty on hands. Sorry.

-Kayura
jameni chapter 29 . 11/7/2011
. · . '' •... . · . '' •

( '). . • * · * . •

'*.. • '

THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR TALENT WITH ALL OF US!
SouthunLady chapter 29 . 10/28/2011
Wow, my first FF back from whatever, and IT WAS GREAT! The ending was more than perfect. If HH had written the sequence of the story ending as you did, we all would be happier. Such a great, great ending.
Resounding chapter 29 . 10/26/2011
I really enjoyed reading your story! I felt very cheated out of their coming together at the end of the season. They couldn't even show us a hug between the two at the end! This story fills in some gaps that make me happy to think about as a way they could have shown us this story while still having a good plot! I also feel cheated that we won't be able to see how everybody reacts to the news of their relationship and the pregnancy. I wrote a little piece of fluff of a fun way I thought it could go, but I have not found very many (if any) other stories that used that angle for their story. I want to know what their friends and co/workers think and how they responded! I totally think you could do so awesome writing something like that if you decided you wanted to. :) Great story! Thanks for writing it and letting us experience the joy of reading it! :)