Reviews for Rescue Me
medcat chapter 27 . 6/29/2013
I have read this entire story in one evening a couple of weeks ago. The plot is engaging, the characters IC, and the style is blessedly free of spelling and punctuation errors.

Most enjoyable story in the best of ST:TOS tradition! Thank you for a most entertaining evening.
Pearlkat chapter 27 . 1/9/2013
WOW! I loved this story!

I'm reading your stories from you bio page as one of my favorite authors.
I hope the rest are just as good. I'll let you know what I think.
Mystical G Panther chapter 27 . 6/25/2012
Wow! I really loved this! Your writing is fantastic!
Gumnut chapter 27 . 12/12/2011
Wow, that was intense. Excellent plot line. I bet they were Orions and the plan they executed in the episode was the backup to this failed attempt. Jim Kirk obviously had a very bad week, being stabbed not long after this. And no doubt still a touch jumpy around strange Vulcans with Sarek and party arriving so soon after.

My favorite moments were Spock initially realizing there was something wrong with Jim and the excellent idea to break Jim using a pseudo Spock - chilling that. Also it was very effective to have Varek meld with Kirk with McCoy's permission. Although it ultimately saved Jim, the reader didn't know that and was left yelling at the page...Nooooooo!

That was a fantastic intro to your work. I will now eagerly devour your other stories.

Nutty

(yes, this is detrimental to my housework)
Gumnut chapter 22 . 12/12/2011
Oh, hell.

Nutty

(brilliant writing, I'd add more, but the above says it all)
Gumnut chapter 14 . 12/12/2011
I'm still enjoying this as the plot thickens. Some great moments for the big three. I like Kirk's disorientation beneath his professionalism and McCoy's concern. Spock's dogged determination to unravel it all is totally in character.

You certainly hid the plot well. I was fooled into thinking it had only been a virus. Often plots like this can be seen coming a mile off, but you have masterfully hidden the details, creating a thoroughly intriguing fic that has me considering stashing the kids in front of the TV while I indulge and let the house fall apart around me. But I'm afraid not. Duty calls until I can grab another moment or two to eagerly find out what my heroes are up to. And what the hell happened to Kirk!

I wait with baited breath, and cleaning solution in my hands.

Nutty

(who destests housework on the best of days, which is why it is now so urgent :D)
Gumnut chapter 2 . 12/12/2011
Oh, wow, that last paragraph of chapter two knocked my socks off. First Spock distracted enough to say 'huh?', and then the revelation that Jim had broken his arm. The implications of both very emotionally provocative. I've been a ST:TOS fanfic writer and reader for many years, but this is my first introduction to your work. Two chapters in and I'm hooked. To find a writer who writes well, long, Kirk hurt/comfort...you are to be cherished. I'm looking forward to diving head first into all your fic.

Oh, and the fact Spock picked up on Kirk's illness telepathically...beautifully done.

Excuse me while I dash off to read more :D

Nutty

(I was supposed to go to bed early tonight...oh, well)
trekkie1701 chapter 27 . 11/13/2011
This is so far my most favorite story that I have read that you have authored. For me it grabbed hold and wouldn’t let go! Thankfully this was completed when I read it otherwise I would have gone nuts waiting for the next chapter. You stay true to the characters and convey a very powerful storyline. My heart literally broke with the way Spock was distancing himself from Kirk and I felt agonized when he found out what really happened Kirk. Now I admit that I prefer the Kirk and Spock pairing because I love it when Spock gets all protective! I also prefer when Kirk gets into a little trouble cause the loyalty and love that McCoy and Spock have for him is just astronomical. I am very thankfully that this wasn’t twisted into some perverse slash like the ones I have stumbled across on this site (Cause they’re just way out in left field, trashy and dismisses a lot of character integrity), and that it really IS Kirk, Spock, and McCoy. I had very strong emotions while reading this and absolutely loathed Varek for getting between K/S. Very intense writing and well planned; this is proof of pure talent. I swear that this should have been published as a novel sold in bookstores. I have to admit that this would have been radically different compared to some of the Star Trek Novels I have read, because it is very graphic when Kirk is held captive(but I loved it in a non-sadistic way). I really do hope that you continue to captivate us with your beautifully constructed masterpieces.
Trena Too chapter 27 . 9/3/2011
Nicely done-the final chapter provided a good resolution by tying up all loose ends. All individuals stayed in character and it was good to see Spock question the feelings he had and determine the correctness of them. Although I hate to see this story end, I'll be looking forward to your next venture. Thank you for some enjoyable reading.
The Nameless Stranger chapter 27 . 9/2/2011
Aw,it's finished? Moarrr (jk :D )

i won't sum up everything I've said in the previous comments, I'll just mention that this was a very good story, that should be turned into a Star Trek movie!

I would prefer some more 'comfort' in the end...(but on the other hand, what more do i expect from a Vulcan? Spock did enough already. The ending was simple, yet touching. And first of all, in character)

ciao :-)
Romanse chapter 27 . 9/1/2011
This is the very finest writing. The very finest.

Thank you so much for putting your best efforts into crafting a masterpiece.
The Nameless Stranger chapter 26 . 8/24/2011
All this Spock-chuck Norris action is great, haha ;D
Trena Too chapter 26 . 8/23/2011
Excellent! This kept me holding my breath-definitely worth the wait!
The Nameless Stranger chapter 25 . 8/8/2011
:O ! AWESOME!
Trena Too chapter 25 . 8/8/2011
Like the mystery serials of old, you've left us with a real cliff-hanger. While I want to find out what has happened as soon as possible, I hate to see this fascinating story end. You are planning another one, right?