Reviews for Legacy
The 10th Wand chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
da fuq cool but...
The Reality DumPer chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Ow...my head hurt with all that babble... I hardly caught on...and i got lost at the end.
Withdrawn chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Okay. Seriously? I started gaming back in highschool with Exalted 2nd Ed and it was actually my first ST who introduced me to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (though I will admit that my ensuing wanderings into the fanfiction/fandom were sadly solo). To this day it's still one of my favorite gaming systems and settings (though they really need to do something about perfect-spamming and rebalance the lethality levels, as appropriate as they are in some ways. Also 2nd Ed. shafted Sidereals so hard - not that I'm too bothered as a fan of the Stewards - but still, it's the principle of the thing).
Now that I've finished that rant I will also note being a big fan of your work. I absolutely love Kyon: Big Damn Hero, having read through all of what is currently available over the course of December. Since then I've been wandering trying to find something new to read, but in a similar spirit since I highly enjoy your writing style (it's actually kind of funny; I ended up following a totally unrelated link off of to someone who had you in their favorites after I finished their piece de resistance last night but that's neither here nor there). And then I find this.
You teasing &#!.
God Damn it. This is really interesting. And that's all I'm gonna get, isn't it. I know I don't have the right to complain too strongly, but I just don't tend to see enough really good Exalted writing, and to top it off I freakin' love crossovers, and your writing style is awesome. And that's all I'll get. I'm probably gonna spend the rest of the day resisting the urge to twitch and start chanting a Madness of Mantra of some kind whenever I think of this fic.
On the plus side, I do appreciate what you've got here. Yuki as a high Clarity Autocthonian, I'm guessing Starmetal cast based on her nature? With a decent stealth charm to hid her implants? It works well for her. You're representing Haruhi as some kind of God, but that seems somewhat contradicting to her nature as a mortal; God-blooded nearing ascension? Or - given the reality-warping nature of her powers - is she supposed to be some kind of re-incarnation/descendant of a Fair Folk? In which case, while I'm tempted to guess Lunar for Mikuru her words make me wonder whether that's true or if she isn't a Sidereal (or maybe a lesser-godling tied to Fate in some way). . . As for Koizumi. . . he's clearly a servitor of Haruhi's of some sort, whether as a mortal worshiper whose been giving access to a few very specific charms that only function in her Sanctum, or if he's now some kind of Wyld-tainted mortal (or possibly even a fancy variety of hobgoblin), his reaction to Kyon's anima banner suggests the latter, though that could just be his very reasonable 'mortal/lesser-variety-of-divinity in the presence of a Solar oh crap' reflexes kicking in, it's hard to tell here. Still, I hope neither he nor Haruhi are considered Creatures of Darkness. And hey. You made Kyon an Abyssal. And not one of the 100 original ones captured from the Jade Prison either. Awesome. Well, considering the color of his banner it seems he's mostly past the Void-tainting (thank the Incarnae), which also means he's officially free of the Great Curse, so that's pretty freakin' sweet. . . and I appreciated how you represented Haruhi's initial botching from unintentionally breaking her oath to Kyon. Also between this and Kyon: Big Damn Hero I'm wondering if Kyon acting as an a full-on Kid Holding the Leash is re-occurring in your stories, not that there isn't already a less concrete version of that in the original story, but you're a bit more blatant about it. Also I do really appreciate Kyon as an Eclipse/Moonshadow. It's fitting.
I do have a few more unanswered questions of course, most specifically in your version: I'm assuming that the hacked space in which Yuki fought Asakura was the result of Protocals? I mean, I can see the hand-to-light-whip trick Asakura pulls being some fairly simple charm, but the way reality was warping? Explains the high level of Clarity Nagato's toting around though. But for other things, specifically the mechanics of the past life meditation pulling out not just Kyon's Versions 2.0 and 2.5, but also 1.0? Seeing as normally an Exaltation leaves its host upon the Exalt's death and bonds with a new mortal soul, in your version did Kyon receive the Second Breath at some point and just nobody noticed, or did something happen at the end of the Second Age in your version that meant his Exaltation stuck with his mortal soul for some reason? Same goes for Mikuru I suppose, depending on what she is. Well, I suppose that's how I know it's good Exalted fiction: too many d*mn unanswered questions in spite of you dropping plenty of hints.
Still, even though I started this review about frothing with righteous indignation, I did really enjoy this one-shot. Thanks for writing it.
Troglodytarum chapter 1 . 9/29/2012
What the fuck just happened. Kyon turns out to have godlike powers, and is still outdone by haruhi... well, sucks to be kyon.
Velocityshade chapter 1 . 12/29/2011
Man, this is awesome. Hopefully it'll be continued.
X15lm204 chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I actually performed a spittake for the first time in my life upon encountering the name of the Lover. Previously I did not think that that was a thing that actually happened to people.

I would absolutely love to read the rest of this story, though you might be better off presenting it as primarily an Exalted fic, not a Haruhi fic, so that the audience knows what they're in for.
Samuez chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Drama with humor? LMAO.

I didn't think that was a possiblity. I wish it's continue onward so I can read more of your goodies with Kyon being the focus point.
Serpent King chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Aw... but I can think of at least one way to bring action to the modern age. At some point Kyon's gonna tell her about his past. It will lead to him mentioning Yu-Shan and it's ultimate fate. This leads to Haruhi wondering what happen to it and Kyon's ignorance over the fate of Yu-Shan will lead Haruhi into dragging the SOS-dan off to find out what happened. That might get someone's attention. And personally, I'd like to know as well. Was there a M.A.D. scenario or something.

Kyon's Anima Banner flaring is also going to get attention, so I suspect an influx of curious and hostile extras in his near future. Possibly Terrestrials as well, if they managed not to go extinct and still consider Celestials to be Anathema.

As perhaps the first and only Solar to Exalt in modern times I suspect he will soon be visited by the Chirmirajen (the Solar Monorail) and invited onto the Daystar by either the Unconquered Sun or Nysela. *Google 'Ink Monkeys PDFs & Exalted Indices' so you may find and download Plague of Hats' PDF, then go to the Sidebar on Page 155 for more*

Hmm... I wonder how Haruhi will take the revelation that the sun is a gigantic battlestation that makes the Death Star look pathetic in comparison.

Let's see, Kyon's a Eclipse Caste Solar, Haruhi's some form of goddess, Yuki's a Autocthonian, and Mikuru is, if I understand correctly, Kyon's Lunar mate. Once she gets over the jealousy, I see Haruhi having fun with that. Koizumi appears to be a mortal, the poor bastard. I'm also curious as to what Sasaki and Kuyou would be?

And even if all the action took place in the First and Second Ages, there's really no need to stop so soon, the only other Exalted fic I know of worth reading is the Zero no Tsukaima crossover 'A Green Sun Illuminates the Void'. It's in my favorites if you want to take a look. It alone isn't enough to satisfy my hunger for Awesome. You wouldn't happen to know of any good ones would you?

I'm also curious as to what Kyon did for Saturn that she feels she owes/owed him.
funkmasterjo chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Badass. Now I must go investigate this exalted of which you speak
saiyan prince1 chapter 1 . 6/25/2011
i kinda hope there was more. i hope one day there is
zer0light chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
interesting story. ill be following it. good luck on the next chapter!
RobotPirateNinja chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.
Greg Zerich chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I'd love to see a continuation of this that spans all three ages, First, Second, and the age of Haruhi.

I'm a huge fan of Exalted, and the way you've incorporated it into this world really leaves me yearning for more. I'm guessing that you must be going off the WOD spin that Exalted is what was before what we know as modernity. I'd love to know how a world like that gets to be a world like the one that the SOS Brigade occupies.

Also, Kyon as a Zenith makes perfect sense. Tsuruya would also be a rather good fit for a Chosen of Serenity, albeit a particularly (although not really) strange one.
the grey mage chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
how is it that you can make something so simple as this story, and make it sound epic? i don't really get the whole thing with mikuru, but i did love it. i'm glad you're back from your break/ hiatus/ exile from fan fiction.
kittle-uk chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
I really enjoyed this fic. I've not played Exalted in years but this brought it all back.

I'd love to see this story expanded. Maybe a look at what effects the characters' re-awakenings have on the present day. Does it bring back things better left forgotten? Except now I'm thinking crazy stuff. First-and-Forsaken-Infinty-Lion. :p