Reviews for Just an EarthBound Misfit, I
Tharaka chapter 15 . 9/23/2013
This is an amazing story. One of the best I've read so far. I really hope you are going to write a sequel to this.
thekatmesiter chapter 15 . 10/19/2011
This was an amazing story. Usually I don't read pre-Persuasion stories, because I that it's going to end badly (and I don't particuarly enjoy sad endings). However, the way you wrote it made me forget about the impending "doom". You really got the characters spot-on - I love how you took the characters and put them in a completely different scenario that still made sense.
Eyes-of-Pearl chapter 15 . 8/17/2011
What a treasure this was; I hope you will write a sequel.
Aqualily6 chapter 8 . 8/6/2011
Ok here is the question...how and why do you know so much about Aviation? I am interested because I am studying Aerospace Systems Engineering myself...thanks

Kim
belle chapter 15 . 8/2/2011
Sad ending, but what a great story! You really put much thought into the little details of your story and how they fit into the "Persuasion" framework. You did such a good job, and I'm gonna repeat what I said before that you deserve more reviews. Some writers just pattern their fics after the canon's plot and try to squeeze all the major events into their fics sequentially, which is a lazy way to do it, I guess. You've made such a wonderful contribution to this fandom with this fic with all the effort you put into it, and as a reader, I want to thank you for that, for uplifting the genre and not writing the fic like you're "talking down" to your readers. Very few fic writers have that sort of respect for their audience, and I must say that it comes through in your writing. You've managed to flesh out Anne and Frederick's back story to make it more modern yet still remain faithful to the canon. I like this fic because we get to know Anne and Frederick when they were still together as a younger couple, and it becomes understandable how they had to make the choices they made, which broke them apart, and be changed by those choices later in their lives. Of course, I felt like saying in Chapter 14 that they were both so stubborn, because if you think about it pragmatically, there's still a chance for them to work things out even if they had to change their original plan with respect to marriage. They could've worked it out if only they'd talk about it, and surely their 5 years together would've made them closer and be more in tune with each other's attitudes and perspectives. I guess distance, though, can be a real test for any relationship, and I see how that works in this fic. The emotional and physical distance drove a wedge into the relationship and the ensuing tension made it so easy to break it apart. This was such a pleasure to read. I'm looking forward (excitedly) to your sequel! :)
purpleriverah29 chapter 15 . 7/29/2011
I just read your story for the first time and i loved it.I can't wait for the sequel.I like how Anne wrote a letter to herself and it talked about her life in present time.I really thought Frederick was going to see Anne from all the people.I also like how they first meet in update soon
UncommonSpirit chapter 15 . 7/14/2011
Such a sad ending! I feel bad for Anne Elliot. I was hoping that when she saw him at the airshow that it was the start of them getting back together in this story, but I suppose that it is not to be. I wanted to thank you for writing a Persuasion story. There are not enough of them and having one of good quality to read is a real gift. Have a good vacation, but please do come back and write the next part of the story. Otherwise, I'll have to beat you with a virtual noodle! :)
cartasdeamor chapter 13 . 7/10/2011
This is so sad. Why didn't he follow her?

I do actually know the answer, so don't tell me. It has to be that way to make it Persuasion, but this is so sad.
cartasdeamor chapter 12 . 7/10/2011
Don't be stupid, Anne! Tell him!

Oh, um. . . pardon me. I got carried away.

Thank you for posting. I was afraid you had forgotten about us (your readers). I have abandonment issues when it comes to fanfics.
UncommonSpirit chapter 13 . 7/10/2011
Wow. This was a powerful chapter. Anne's fall from her dreams was fast and hard and believable. I can understand Fred's anger too. Jane Austen's Frederick was more of a hothead. Your Fred has the double whammy of his past combined with Anne shutting him out of her life. I think that given the circumstances, anyone would have walked away.
cartasdeamor chapter 11 . 7/6/2011
Thank you for the update; I can hardly wait for more.

I wish more people would do Persuasion. It is my favorite Jane Austen work.

Maybe I shall when I finish the P&P I am on now.
UncommonSpirit chapter 11 . 7/6/2011
My mother used to work at the Boeing plant in Everett and I don't remember all these young engineers you write of. *grin* Most of the engineers were older geeky types. Still, I enjoyed this chapter and it was believable to me. It is good to see Anne building her career and living on her own, but still being faithful to Frederick.
UncommonSpirit chapter 10 . 7/6/2011
Okay. I have a tear in my eye. This was so beautiful. You are doing such a wonderful job with this story.
UncommonSpirit chapter 7 . 6/28/2011
Another excellent chapter! How sad for Charles, but what did he expect with he and Anne being apart as much as they were? I like the independent spirit that you've given Anne in your fanfic. She is a modern woman.
Belle chapter 6 . 6/24/2011
I'm always thrilled whenever I see a new Persuasion fic on this site. It's also a definite plus that this one's impeccably written. There are no typos or spelling mistakes, the grammar and syntax is flawless, the plot is interesting, and the characters are well-rounded. It's like a breath of fresh air. You're doing an excellent job, so far. More people ought to read and review this fic. I like the friendship between Anne and Frederick, and it's great that you're devoting a lot of time to their back story. I'm excited to find out how they're going to turn out after their estrangement. Keep up the good work! Hope this story doesn't languish unfinished on this site like most fics. :)