Reviews for Continuance
EmD23 chapter 31 . 8h
My only concern is that a lot of stories which go on hiatus never come out of it. I'm guilty of it myself. It'd be sad for it to happen to a story that's pretty unique within the Persona fanfiction arena.

That being said, I do trust you, so I'll just wait patiently and enjoy CoE in the meanwhile. That one's spiced up quite recently, and it moves at a pretty brisk pace.

P.S. Bless you for that Yosuke x Rise scene. Adorable.
Ulcaasi chapter 31 . 13h
AHAHAHAHAA OKAY. Okay. That was weird. I was wondering where my name was in the review responses till I went to check and realised my last review(for some reason) went in as a guest review XD yes. The one on 19th Feb. No idea what happened there.

I really do admire the change she's trying to make and it really is hard but I believe she can do it too. Not many stories out there (that I've seen anyway) that have such drastic change and hardship. At least in the manga department. :P

OH MAAAAAAAN. THE KANJIXNAOTO. HHHHNNNNGGGGHGHHAASDFGHJKLQEURIYPXBSHALDHSKL. I feel satisfied just reading up to that point.

Wait. Wiat wait qait wait wait. Yosuke is taken? Shit. I don't rmr who with. And since when? My brain. Is not working. Agh. The scene with Rise was awesome.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. CHIE AND KOU. DAAAAAMN. SO. MUCH. FLUFF. WHY'S THIS CHAPTER HAVE SO. MUCH. FLUFF. ERMAGERD IM DYING.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH. DRUNK YUKIKO. AHAHAHABABAHA JUST WHEN I THOUGHT THIS COULDN'T GET BETTER. OHMAN. I LOVE THIS CHAPTER SO MUCH.

I love the parts with Izumi as well. Seeing her go through the struggle for change is heartening. Also Yumma is an asshole. Well meaning perhaps but still an asshole.

Pretty sure my body's developed some kind of immunity to diabetes after all the time I've spent on this site. But this chapter certainly gave me a run for my money. Favourite os definitely Kanji and Naoto because how can I not choose my OTP. If it wasn't for that I'd have to cheat and say the whole chapter because every part was emotional and amazing and so damn good.

I'm okay with whatever direction you're going right now. Doing things the way you want to is pretty important imo. Your story is one of the best examples I have of me willing to be patient for excellent quality. Maybe it's time for me to start looking at your other fics. I honestly don't know why I haven't. That's not normal for me. Certainly not when I'm reading works as good as yours. I've not played the other Persona games before though. Heck I've never even played Persona 4. I just watched the anime. Atlus games too hard pls nerf.
Arson Lupine chapter 31 . 18h
Okay. Thank you for alerting us to this fact. Do your best. I hope your writing goes well.
Anime obsessed fan chapter 31 . 20h
Yay, new chapter! *reads post script* Oh, hiatus. Oh well, whatever works out better for you is the most important thing. Good luck with the hiatus, I hope to read more Continuance eventually (probably a good time for me to get around to reading CoE). And a P5 fic huh? Wonder what plot/couple that will have. The title makes me think of someone, but she's not a love interest in-game (although there are some unused lines) and my guess is probably way-off.

I thought some previous chapters had been really sweet, but wow this one was up to 11. Wonderful to check in on all the couples (except for Yosuke's case, unless...?) and the plots. My favorite bit was probably the Souji section, for someone talking some sense into him and him accepting it, took him long enough, but he did take it pretty well, that sounds like a post-game mature protagonist (though the P4 protagonist was always close to perfect anyway). And I guess Yukiko's alcohol tolerance has improved a bit? Good thing she didn't blurt out too much. My other favorite was probably the Yosuke and Rise part, as they're two of my other favorite characters from P4 (and Yosuke was more careful to avoid another King's Game). Yosuke's little stunt was funny and the humor was balanced out by them pondering their own futures.

Even with all those happy moments, I think Naoto might have a new full-time job in keeping Izumi from digging too deeply into anything, especially with Teddie around. Not to mention whatever Yuuma is up to (how bad were his parents?!). At least it makes him a deeper character rather than just mean father (and Souji inherited more from him than he'd ever admit).

Thank you for another awesome chapter. I'm happy you checked in on all the plots and sub-plots one more time before the long break. And no cliffhanger, thankfully. I look forward to more chapters whenever your schedule allows and hope the hiatus works out for you. I might as well go reread this fic (or start your other fic).
zainethedemonking chapter 31 . 7/20
After the scene with Yukiko drunk, I can't get the idea of Yumma coming to Inaba to make trouble and her getting so mad at him she lights stuff on fire by accident out of my head.

Or maybe Teddie could just freeze him solid, him not being human does have its advantages.
Zelenal chapter 31 . 7/19
Excellent chapter, even if it IS the middle of July.

I absolutely love what you're doing with Rise and Yosuke. Watching them slowly grow closer has been great and, when they finally get together (because that's totally what you're building towards), it's going to be amazing. Of course, there are two really large hurdles to get over (Rise's infatuation with Souji and her contractual obligation to remain single) but I'm sure they can get over them. It'll certainly be fascinating to watch.

The bit with Izumi and Doujima's little contest was also great. It was perhaps the most anime thing in this fic so far and, if we happen to see that rematch, I'd love to see it go as over-the-top as is feasibly possible. I'm talking about "I'll take this potato chip... AND EAT IT!" levels of overblown epicness.

I get the feeling that a divorce is not entirely out of the question. If Yuuma remains the same as Izumi becomes more and more human, that might be the only way for them to get a remotely happy ending. It'd be a huge downer, to be sure, but sometimes that's the way life is.

It sucks that the new chapter comes with the news that the story is going on hiatus for an indefinite period of time. That being said, I fully understand why you're doing this. Your reasoning is sound (I've actually read two stories from a different author where the author bounces back and forth between the two and there are times where a line from one can be found almost word-for-word in the other or scenes are suspiciously similar). Of course, it doesn't help matters that your P3 fic is presumably highly similar in nature to this one. If you were writing a second story that was very different, this likely wouldn't be much of an issue.

In regards to your P5 fic, I can't say I'm looking forward to it. I still haven't played P3 and I don't even own anything that P5 is on.

There's a lot more I could comment on with this chapter but it'd be a lot of the same. "I thought this was cute/funny" and whatnot. So I guess I'll see you next time, whenever that next time may be.
jujihanji chapter 31 . 7/19
i am so happy about this update, i love this story and thank you very much for the continuance
Originaljuan92 chapter 30 . 4/1
Glad to see you again. I absolutely love Izumi vs everyone. As a matter a fact I can't to see Souji dad get in on all this. I want to see how everyone deals with him. Soujis family dynamics is what keeps bringing me back. Also Nanako is just a joy to read.

Can't wait for the next chapter. Have fun writing.
jack the writer chapter 30 . 3/28
My goodness it has been a while, I hope that you've been well.

I must say that this chapter came as a real surprise... and WHAT A WELCOME SURPRISE INDEED! A Valentine's Day gift, truly you're timing is impeccable. This was also a much needed 100% Izumi chapter.

Another stellar piece, I really think that you've come a long way in your craft. Once more I will bare my thoughts as they occurred sequentially throughout the chapter. For one I loved the initial thoughts of Izumi as she made her 'pilgrimage' back to Inaba, sort of following in the footsteps of her son, and being a fish out of water despite it supposed to be her native turf. I will say early on that I appreciate Izumi's mindset. She is a strong yet flawed character, she has her regrets but refuses to let them hinder her, knowing that there is little to nothing she can do despite move forward. It is a quality I entirely approve of and something that many of us, including myself would benefit from taking to heart.

Once more I must say that Nanako gives me goosebumps with how adorable and altruistic she can be, if she inherited these qualities from Chisato, then Dojima must've been the luckiest man in world to have courted her (which makes me wish for a Ryotaro x Chisato fanfic but owell).

Having Izumi explore Inaba was an refreshing experience. From the side-quests, the interactions and the story of Persona 4 it is easy to imagine Souji becoming somewhat of a local celebrity/hero, especially with the additive factor of the many deeds he did to help his small community. One thing that I would have loved to read would have been Izumi reacting to the other amenities that Inaba has to offer, such as Daidara's and Aiya's. Nevertheless, you set the atmosphere just fine for the encounter with Naoki.

Naoto and Kanji remain another strong couple, it was brilliant for Kanji to show his reverance towards Souji before his senpai's mother. I was glad that it gave her an additional aspect of how much he means to them.

The meeting with the Amagi's may be my favourite part of this chapter. It was a true battle of wit and I could really feel the tension from the words. Katsuhiro may be a gruff man who is hard to please but the true mastermind is of course Ryoko, you established the strength in her presence and her authority rather well, I can't wait to read more of her being amazing.

The Dojima fight was some much needed clarity. They're siblings so they've been in the ring more than once before. This section provided some much needed catharsis as I've been waiting oh so long for them to come clear with eachother. It was a good resolution to the constant aversion to confrontation.

Also Nanako is generally amazing, anything Nanako is highly appreciated, wanted and needed.

Thank you as always! Writing to such a standard must be taxing but I thank you once more for your constant hard work. It's truly a pleasure to read each chapter as they are released and well worth the wait indeed no matter the length in time. I hope that 2017 treats you well and would like to ask the personal question of if you are looking forward to Persona 5? Having played the Japanese release I can tell you with utmost confidence that it is a formidable addition to the Persona series and a game well worth picking up.

(sorry for the late review, this has been stuck on halfway finished for a while. Thanks again for your hard work and I hope have a good one.)
Kyral chapter 30 . 2/28
Sorry for the late review!

First off, no one, and I mean *no one* can resist the adorable ball of happiness and light that is Nanako. One thought that floated into my head as I read this chapter is that someone should find a way to weaponize her happiness.

So this chapter is basically "Izumi goes to Inaba" and I love it. This was going to be the journey that would make or break Izumi's redemption arc. Inaba had a profound effect on Souji and it's time that Izumi realized that. Izumi was right, it's a good thing that Souji didn't talk about his parents at all while he was there. I reckon the reception she got from Naoto and (especially) Kanji would have been much different had he let his feelings about his parents be known. I suspect that Naoto isn't accepting of Izumi just yet anyway. She was friendly and open minded, but I got the feeling she was constantly appraising her, trying to figure out just what was going on. On the other hand, Izumi's observations of Naoto and Kanji were interesting and cute (as almost anything involving those two).

Since you called it out, Izumi vs the Amagis. I really think that Izumi was close to completely undoing everything that Souji had built up regarding Yukiko's parents. The Amagis seem both protective of their daughter (as shown when they grilled Souji) and big on family. Izumi was really close to blowing it on the latter. Though the battle of wills was fascinating to read. Once again Ryoko invokes the phrase "silk hiding steel". Katsushiro is the immediate threat, but it's Ryoko that you *really* have to pay attention to. Going to be interesting seeing how they interact in the future.

This leads into Doujima vs Izumi. Now we see that Doujima is more pissed off at his sister than he let on. While he encouraged Souji earlier to try and talk to his mother, it's clear that he still has his own issues. I can also imagine Doujima considering Souji his own son on some levels. The comparison between Doujima and Nanako's relationship pre-Souji and the relationship that Souji has with his parents is interesting. Maybe thats why Doujima is so pissed off at Izumi at the start? He realizes that if not for Souji that he could have wound up in the same situation with Nanako? I'm glad to see that brother and sister are trying to reconcile for now. However the stakes are a little higher with Ryo now. Nanako has met and *likes* her Auntie Izumi. If Izumi fails her promises to Nanako, her bond with Doujima will be shattered and reversed (to use the game's own terms).

There is one thread that is winding its way through the chapter and I don't know if it's intentional or not, but it's piqued my curiosity. Izumi this entire chapter, from the moment she met Naoki, has been banging up against the edges of what happened with Souji and the murders during his time in Inaba. Even earlier than this she has seen the effects that the year had on him (one could argue that these effects set her on this path). Now people like Doujima may be content to just handwave their explanations to avoid disclosing their powers, but I somehow don't think Izumi will be satisfied. Be it her (reawakening?) maternal instincts or her sheer curiosity, those murders will be on her mind. Actually I was a little nervous that she would find something relating to Personas or the Midnight Channel in Souji's room. I wonder, will Izumi learn the truth of that year? That will be an interesting conversation to be sure.

Speaking of conversations, how is Souji going to take the news that his mother has been making friends in Inaba? He's still *incredibly* protective of the family he has made there and despite opening talks with his mother, I can't see him being alright with his mother snooping (in his mind) around. Then again, Souji doesn't know what we know, that his mother is legitimately trying here.

It's good to see Izumi trying here. I mentioned that Inaba had a profound effect on Souji, changed him for the better. It looks like it's having the same effect on Izumi. Being around Nanako doesn't hurt either. All in all, great chapter. It's nice to return to Inaba once in a while, seeing as I've largely moved on from the P4 fandom, but this story keeps me coming back :)

Til next time, cheers!
Cyklos chapter 30 . 2/21
Wow, my favorite post-game fanfic is back!
I'm really happy that the whole chapter is dedicated to Izumis Inaba-visit. Her character arc and redemption is one of my favorite things about this story. It's enoyable to follow a character that learns about the characters and the story of the game through a fresh pair of eyes. Hope she meets the rest of the investigation team (teddy will be interesting). Favorite part... Naoto and Kanji, and the fox.(Nananko of course wins, but she is cheating. To cute.)

I know that there are a lot of characters to juggle but I really like Megumi & Yoshiro, well written OCs, and it feels like they have been a bit delegated to the backseat now that the old gang's mostly back together. Really liked them back when Souji was in Kofu.
Hope the next chapter comes soon!
I suppose after a few years on this website, with rugs constantly being pulled out from underneath you, one tends to get a little more... guarded :P Or perhaps "prepared" would be a better word. Taking hits from heartbreak bombs is a little easier if your heart is already braced for it XD
I did mention that everything seems too good to be true, so my inner mind is wrestling with disbelief and being all skeptical about it.
Welp be ready for a review that's gonna sound like a raving madman because it's going to be updated as I read through the chapter :D

Nanako is extremely cute. HOW DOES ANYONE NOT LIKE HER. OH MY GOSH. SHE'S ADORABLE AND I LOVE HER. KANJI AND NAOTO TOO. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. THOSE TWO ARE SUPER CUTE AS WELL. LOVE THEM. Haven't read much Kanji/Naoto recently so it's nice to see them again :3

Izumi vs the world more like, with all the crap she's going through. But I'm glad she's changing and is sincere about it. Between the Amagis and Doujima I think her against the Amagis was much more interesting and entertaining while with Doujima it felt closer to home and a long time coming. I think they both needed that one.
zainethedemonking chapter 30 . 2/14
I'll be honest this chapter showed up in my inbox and I couldn't remember a damn thing about this story or why I had followed it. I had to look at your profile to remember.

I ended up reading all 30 chapters today in a single go.

This is really good, I don't typically read slice of life stuff but I sat here for 30 chapters.

I'm going to sit here patiently until Yuuma gets his shit kicked in.
Grimraven.V chapter 30 . 2/14
I can't pick a part that stands out as my fav it good over all
Theralion chapter 30 . 2/14
It's good to see you updating again. It was a nice occasion for a release, even if I'm not as much for scheduling chapter releases on certain days (I missed Yukiko's birthday by a few days).

My favorite part of this chapter was "Everything Nanako," even if she occasionally sounded a bit older and closer to her aunt than seemed characteristic of her. For the former, it's important to remember that she's still just a kid, and to make her dialogue appropriately simple (granted, it's a bit of a challenge for me). For the latter, keep in mind that it took her a while to open up to her "big bro," and considering that Nanako's probably never met Izumi before, the same goes for her aunt.

As for the other parts:

*Dojima came off as a bit of a hypocrite in lecturing Izumi about her parenting. He has a point, but he's forgetting that he essentially distanced himself from Nanako for two years, until his nephew convinced him otherwise. Granted, he does get called out on it, but at least in canon, he was self-aware- in fact, the problem was that he convinced himself that he was no good as a parent. Izumi came off as a bit better- she actually seems like she's trying to connect with Yu now, forced though it may be, but perhaps if Izumi had been a bit more humble and apologetic, Dojima wouldn't have gotten as angry.

*Izumi vs. the Amagis: On the one hand, this level of hostility is consistent with the rest of your fic, but on the other hand, it's perhaps overemphasizing the tension and it's a bit hard to imagine (at least from my point of view) this coming from Yukiko's parents. It also feels like you're taking the easy way out in creating drama by playing the "tension between in-laws" card, particularly when Katsuhiro starts assuming the worst about Souji just because Souji's mother didn't act in a way that was consistent with how Souji had described her.

*The part with Kanji and Naoto was decent, although it seemed as though they took a backseat to Izumi's character development, particularly serving as a means to help her learn about Souji's friends and involvement with the murder mystery. Essentially, it was something of a stretch to call it a Kanji/Naoto section.

It's interesting to see Izumi's reaction to Souji's involvement in the case. On the other hand, it's a bit odd that Naoto would so easily talk about Souji's role in the case, or that Naoki would know that Souji and the others investigated it. The group decides not to tell anyone about their involvement after Mitsuo's arrest, and the only times you can admit to being involved in the case are when you can say that you talked with Rise about the case, and on November 5, both times when Dojima directly asks you about it. Perhaps this is one time like the latter two occasions, when you can't lie easily, but Naoto could've downplayed it.

It's nice to see the fox(which, for the record, is implied to be female). She's one of the more mysterious Social Links in the game, and one of the harder ones to incorporate (although I don't believe Nanako ever met her).

The look at Souji's room had some good attention to detail, especially the models (particularly the various mistakes that Souji makes) and the translation work(good source of Expression points, and probably my favorite of the home jobs). It looks like Souji didn't get to all six of the mechs, much less the scooters, and thus missed out on the complimentary message about taking a step toward adulthood(along with the free but likely superfluous stat boost) that might've fit well with Izumi's observations.

One somewhat cumbersome yet unavoidable part of Izumi meeting several people in turn is that she has to introduce herself and mention being Dojima's sister on multiple occasions (a recurring problem in works with multiple introduction sequences). Meeting everyone at once does have its advantages and disadvantages, but one of the former is the fact that she only has to introduce herself once.

Incidentally, here are a few other comments about various parts that weren't in this chapter.

*I doubt it would be a very good idea for Souji to choose a college that is close to Inaba, considering that in the game, many of the students you talk with and Mr. Hosoi note that the colleges in the area are second-rate, which, combined with Yasogami apparently not being all that good of a school, results in some students feeling pessimistic and believing they're trapped in Inaba. One girl on the roof (besides Chie and the one who tells you the weather) mentions that she's willing to do whatever it takes to get into college with her friends- her parents initially doubt her chances, but eventually throw their support behind her- which gives you some idea of how much of an uphill battle getting into colleges can be for Yasogami students.

*In the original Japanese version, Nanako uses the equivalent of "Big bro" or "sis" on most of Souji/Yu's other teenage friends(except for "-chan" Rise, even though Rise's significantly older than Nanako), something that didn't necessarily translate into English. Of course, her cousin is the only real "big bro" she has, even if she also uses "Big Sis" on Kanami in Dancing All Night.

*While it's canon that Yu calls Dojima by his last name, it's a bit odd that he refers to him as "Uncle Dojima" in this fic. Usually, "Aunt" or "Uncle" are used by themselves or with a person's first name.

Incidentally, 21,000 words is fairly long for a single chapter. In general, when any chapter gets much longer than 15,000 words or the average chapter length for the fic exceeds 10,000 words(for this fic, the average wordcount per chapter is 11,391 as of this writing), I'd recommend thinking about whether you can split some of the chapters into two shorter halves (perhaps the cutoff point could be between "a girl she'd only met a few days before" and "The next morning was surprisingly domestic", since you're starting a new day). Granted, doing so might not always be feasible, since this chapter was mostly about Izumi, but it might be worth considering it.

Overall, this was a good chapter, and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes next.