Reviews for Make a Little Birdhouse in Your Soul
AdamTobiasGrayson chapter 1 . 4/10
well that's sad...though I still have no clue what exactly a daemon is...was hoping itd be explained a bit.
Nate The Ape chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
WOW! What an amazing and beautifully done idea for a crossover you have here! While I haven't read the entire DM series, I've read The Golden Compass before and loved it. I love the idea of the Animorphs having daemons, and how they reflect their personalities, including aspects that were not always obvious in the actual books. Marco and Rachel's are especially cool and appropriate, and the image of Leo passed out with his demon was both perfect and hilarious. So this series is actually helping me to understand them even better now. Well done.

I also love how Elhariel was the very first demon to settle, and how she was used here to display Tobias' immediate and intense bond with/attraction to Elfangor. And the idea of how each daemon is sorta temporarily absorbed into their heads each time they morph was a BRILLIANT idea!

That conversation Hawk!Tobias and Elhariel (which reminds me of Ela-hrair-rah from Watership Down BTW,) have as "they" cower in the lounge, with Tobias about to lose his humanity, was well done and just heartbreaking on all sorts of levels.

"I haven't seen or touched Elhariel since." :( :( Fricking heartbreaking!
mistrali chapter 1 . 4/4/2012
Oh, excellent job integrating Animorphs with the daemons. I also appreciated the way you began it with Tobias.
Deirdre chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
Wow. Christ, this is sad. I didn't expect Elhariel to dissapear when Tobias became a nothlit - I totally wasn't ready for it. I haven't read the rest of this series (yet!), so I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed that she comes back when he gets a human morph... *wishes wishes wishes*

Anyway, I really like the tone of this. It's a strange dark-happy, the contrast between Tobias' sucky life and how wonderfull flying is. Like, "this world is shit, but fuck it, WINGS and everything is okay now. But it still sucks down on earth. But WINGS."

Yeah, that didn't make any sense. But I liked this a lot. I'm totally gonna go read the other ones now, bye!
WargishBoromirFan chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
This was a great little crossover; I liked the little details added to cover for the daemons, and the forms all fit the personalities. Tobias's Elhariel was especially bittersweetly nuanced; the boy does love flying...
Zarohk Korobase chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Amazing first book. I love how you managed to get the characters of dæmons to fit their humans so well and how you managed to come up with a reasonable explanation of what happens to a dæmon when their human morphs and why. I also enjoyed how your strong and accurate characterization of Tobias and all the other characters showed an accurate representation of how they might act slightly differently with dæmons in their lives. Lastly, I loved the reference to the band "They Might Be Giants" that is in the title. Is there Dust in this universe? Will Jake see it during his Yeerk's death? Will the Dust play a part in the Ellimist-Crayat conflict? Please continue this story. If you need a Beta Reader, I would be honored to do so for you.