Reviews for Krait book 06: Head Boy of Hogwarts
dianaanne chapter 20 . 1/17/2015
Happy to read this again
Ebony Starstorm chapter 4 . 9/1/2014
... maths of nine prefects per house? If there's thirty six...
Ebony Starstorm chapter 2 . 9/1/2014
Hmm, just had a thought, barratry being something no one really knows about... I suspect other crimes now cover it... would that mean the malfoys HAVE done it... by the linguistics, it looks rather like either money lending or acting as a false representative in a court of law... if a barrister lied, would that be barratry? :P
Anne Seebaldt chapter 20 . 4/30/2014
Yeah! I made it through again. So much fun to read.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 12/22/2013
Dan, you should be aware that the word concatenation rather predates data strings [as it was first used around 1600] and refers to any linking or joining. It's also a joke with my fans who also follow my dragonrider stories, as it was a favourite word of Anne McCaffery.
My dictionary tells me that an eructation is an issuing of gas from a volcano or gas from the stomach, without specifying which end; but I will concede that it is normally used for a belch.
Cacaceous means resembling ordure. I had trouble tracking it down when I first came upon it.
I wish you'd sign in so we could have fun debating words.
Dan chapter 10 . 12/22/2013
I have enjoyed your stories especially with the grand vocabulary being tossed about, and while I don't mind learning new words and making use of a dictionary, I find that several of the words have been misused. "eructation" is simply a belch. The word you want for anal gas is "flatulence". Another favorite word of yours is "concatenation", which s the "stringing along or linking" of data or voice bites. An example would be the directions of a GPS from a series of individual words and numbers assembled in a contiguous manner. Ex: "Left", "Turn", "in", "point", "5", "Miles". Lastly, I still haven't found your word "cacaceous" as used with "effluvium" which is a waste or byproduct such as gas, dandruff, a mist, or dust.
Anne dianaanne chapter 20 . 12/21/2012
Sarah, finished once more and really enjoyed.
skywiseskychan chapter 20 . 6/14/2012
You obviously don't know hockey very well as it seems you put the team together as you would for football(soccer) by the positions your providing and an 11 man team on the field rather than 6, two defenders (right and left) right and left forwards and a center in addition to the goalie. Oh and 11 to 4 or 5 would be a better more reasonable we're all very new to this sport but did well score. Just my two cents and a bit of information on hockey itself.

I do like the story but this was a somewhat important problem. On the up side a hockey team uses 3 sets of 3 forwards and 2 sets of 2 defenders that switch in and out throughout the game. A new team could get by with just 2 sets of 3 forwards so you would have the same 11 players if you wanted to go that route.
Gardengirl6 chapter 20 . 7/23/2011
Yea, lots of babies! I love babies.

This is one of those chapters where I could really have benefited from a who's who. I'll think on our earlier conversation on how best to accomplish that, though ~
Gardengirl6 chapter 19 . 7/23/2011
Ah, Baddock... payback's a bear, innit? Pity you just don't get it.

Thanks for a great chapter - no great insights here, alas ~
Queen of the Jungle chapter 20 . 7/2/2011
wonderful end to the story! and I forgot to tell you how much I enjoyed what happened to Baddock and Pritchard! I liked the pink knickers especially.
Queen of the Jungle chapter 19 . 7/2/2011
I liked the fact that David saw the boggarts true form! I liked this whole chapter.
Gardengirl6 chapter 18 . 7/1/2011
Where'd this Heather come from? I seem to see shades of someone I know here :) And her school? Sounds too much like Experiment House. *shudders*

However, the mere notion of Gilderoy Lockhart having spawned just makes me go green at the gills. Glad you're planning to skewer his obsequious sprog!

I'll miss you - looking forward to your successful return from all your Missions!
Gardengirl6 chapter 17 . 7/1/2011
The cauldron hat - it's all the rage for the up-and-coming bully, didn't you know?

So curious how we're going to see Lee Nuffield trained up as he's already of age... does he merit his own story? Is his sister a red-headed helicopter pilot in need of employment? Sorry, geeking out again :)
Queen of the Jungle chapter 18 . 7/1/2011
hehehe, my name's Heather too! I liked Heather's courage and ingenuity!

and that was quite a wonderful bat bogey hex!

good luck with the computer! come back soon because your stories are all I look forward to some days!
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »