Reviews for Symphony of War
AvidReader2236 chapter 1 . 2/16
It's like moving to music, combat. Your title was spot on!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
An excellent character study-you got inside Bellatrix's head and thought like her and felt like her. Very well done. Favorite bit: "Which to choose, which to choose." Creepy, just like her.
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Oh sweet Merlin! Loved it. Though I think it was not a killing curse.
De1eted Acc0unt chapter 1 . 1/13/2012
I freaking hate Bellatrix! Let's make a list of some

of her known offences: tortured Alice and Frank into insanity, mocked Neville, tortured Tonks, KILLED SIRIUS (how dare she!) - and those were only the ones mentioned here!

But it was a fantastically written story!
Alohaemora chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
A completely new side to Bellatrix's insanity. Well done, as always!
Imirasa chapter 1 . 12/17/2011
I love this so much! Bellatrix is so purely evil, and you've written her spot-on.

Just one thing- I'm pretty sure Neville's mother was a pureblood, and not a "mudblood." Because Voldemort chose Harry SPECIFICALLY because he was a half-blood, and not a pureblood like Neville.

"He chose the boy he thought most likely to be a danger to him," said Dumbledore. "And notice this, Harry: he chose, not the pureblood (which, according to his creed, is the only kind of wizard worth being or knowing) but the half-blood, like himself. He saw himself in you before he had ever seen you, and in marking you with that scar, he did not kill you, as he intended, but gave you powers, and a future, which have fitted you to escape him not once, but four times so far - something that neither your parents, nor Neville's parents, ever achieved." - Albus Dumbledore, The Lost Prophecy, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Well, regardless, you've done a stunning job here. Truly inspiring work. Actually, you are a truly inspiring author in general.
lella7 chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Amazing! I loved the imagery and the way you perfectly captured her insanity
melissaeverlasting chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
A very interesting — and very different — point of view! Certainly refreshing, but in a dark and disturbing sort of way.
Inkfire chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Wow, this was incredible! You really did Bellatrix's POV in a striking, breath-taking way - her every thought and sensation, so totally foreign to us. I loved how you described each one of her reactions and her unrestrained wrath towards Tonks and Sirius. I see duelling as music, too! Except that I call it a dance, not a symphony - but still, that's pretty incredible! D and you really used the symphony theme well. There was something to be done with that idea, and you did it royally ) loved it, loved it, loved it!
greenschist chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Very well done! I liked this quite a bit, and that's coming from someone who really can't stand Bellatrix, so...I'm very impressed. :)

Your Bellatrix is a remorseless instrument of destruction, just as she should be. I loved how, in her bloodlust and unreasoning hatred, there was something so animalistic - almost reptilian - about her.
chasingafterstarlight chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
Hello, and welcome to your first official Fanfiction Idol review :)

Okay, so I adored this. Your Bellatrix was so real and lovely and perfect. Anyway.

First, grammar. It was flawless and I saw no mistakes, in truth, so awesome job on that. This made the fic lovely and easy to read, so I loved it.

In terms of originality, I thought that this was rather original, as not many venture into Bellatrix's point of view. Your comparisons were original, as were the situations and everything. It was absolutely lovely. I have, however, seen this situation a few times, but never like this, so great job on that.

For believability, I found this quite believable. One mistake that I could find, though, was that it was not actually Avada Kedavra that killed Sirius. Other than that, I could really feel Bellatrix in this fic and I found it amazing in that.

Overall, I found this a lovely, beautiful fic. I adored it and your writing, and I really, honestly wish you the best of luck. Thank you for entering and everything! :)
SherbetKitty chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Absolutely stunning. Beautiful descriptions and imagery, I loved the image of Bella conducting a huge orchestra of war. The lack of names/identities of who Bella was fighting was wonderful. I love music, I love Bellatrix and I love this.

Well done! x
WizardWay chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
That was amazing! You did a great job writing it, and Bellatrix was perfectly in character. Wonderful job!

~WW
NeverBeenDarkMarked chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
This is a very good attempt at Bellatrix... I think you got her spot on! Her thoughts would be just like that!
Analie Janes chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Woah. That was a masterpiece. You wrote Bellatrix amazingly! Like wow, it was mindblowing in a way, how true you stuck true to her character. Just a question, I sweat it wasn't an Avada Kedavra that killed Sirius. Wasn't it a red jet of life that hit him and he consequently fell into the veil, therefore dying? I might be wrong though...

Anyway, I think you did a beautiful job writing in a different point of view! Awesome job! My favourite line:

"For Bellatrix, a duel was like music—the war around it, a symphony. Screams, curses, light, color, all blended together to form a rhythm that Bellatrix knew instantly, readily, and could control."

Amazing comparison! :)