Reviews for The Five Stages of Mourning, Plus One
MoonGirl1155 chapter 1 . 1/12
my. Heart.

I didn't need it anyways.

GODDAMMIT JIM
Pippythewriter chapter 1 . 10/1/2014
UUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

8::::::::::::::::::::::::O!

You managed to turn me into a sobbing wreck with this one! I think (italicized) I (end italicization) went through the five stages of grief! I'm tempted to carry out the plus one by writing an equally heartbreakingly painful (if not even more) fanfic for you to read, but alas,I have no fanfic. net account. Spectacular writing, by the way! Now to read more! :...(
shxjw chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
HOW DARE YO this fic... is fuckin heartbreaking, though its beautifully written. congrats, youre making me cry
MossiStone chapter 1 . 5/2/2014
...word cannot describe
The Psychotic Queen chapter 1 . 2/20/2014
Great story, loved it.
beccaspad chapter 1 . 12/12/2013
asdfghjkl; HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME OMG OMG OMG THAT WAS REALLY DEPRESSING
BroadwayStarletQueen chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Wow. Crying. Sad. This was gorgeous. Ahhhhh bring John back!
Heidinanookie chapter 1 . 8/9/2013
This is a great story. Very touching. It made me cry. In the beginning, I expected Sherlock to jump off the roof himself, but I like that you gave him the strength to go on. It suites his character far better.
If you are interested, I would love to hear what you think about my story "Bittersweet" s/8791603/1/Bittersweet in which Sherlock is the one to die and John has to deal with it. It's rather shorter than your work ;)
heidi
Guest chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I was doing okay with this... until the last line broke my heart.
CA chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
I cried. I cried so hard.

This is me, falling in love with a monster.

Your story breaks my heart and I love it.
Mycumblrbatch chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Omg the tears and feels... I loved and hated it, it made me cry and smiled... so well written, so in character. I would say keep up the good work but this was far from good (for my head and heart at least)
Haylia Jones chapter 1 . 1/20/2013
well done.
akurosa chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I think Moriarty's death was very fitting for a Sherlock who wanted to get revenge. If Moriarty ever does kill John I'd like to think that Sherlock won't give him the pleasure of any dramatics. Geniuses need an audience and yet Sherlock will only give him a dingy alley where nobody can see him.
On another note, I find the morgue scene very interesting. The title of that part was denial. And I couldn't help notice that you only described John's mouth and body. Coupled with the fact that Molly didn't recognize John can it be that John's face is so broken there is nothing to see but Sherlock is fitting the missing parts with his mind, and hence the denial?
Quite fascniating really, you broke my heart for Sherlock. He was incredibly in character and his quest for revenge was vicious and emotional yet still within my head-canon Sherlock. Thank you for this.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/30/2012
I do think they’d give Sherlock a few minutes alone with John in the morgue. They all know what he meant to Sherlock. It’s cruel and heartless of Lestrade to throw him out like that.
The idea that Sherlock would not be invited to John’s funeral is simply outrageous. I understand why Harry wouldn’t invite him but I’m sure Mrs. Hudson or Lestrade or Mike Stamfort or anybody who knows Sherlock would have been and even if not, Sherlock would have found out.
None the less, her visit made me cry afresh. She’s a sharp one, despite everything, realizing Sherlock loved John. This will make things easier between them.
Then the scene with Mycroft trying to look after his brother made me cry again! How do you do that? Anyway, Sherlock almost starved himself to death already. Right now, I see now way how he can survive this. Then again, your story title suggests that he will eventually reach “acceptance” and move on.
The bit with Harry helping to pack up John’s things and Sherlock being captivated by the smell and wanting to keep stuff… it reminded me of when my dog died two years ago. For example, we still have a bucket full of his hair from brushing him. In my family, we like to pretend it’s for keeping MARDER out of the engine room (place dog hair there. It works!) even though nobody has used it since he died. Or – another example – some weeks back I had a cup witch I had used to make scrambled eggs sitting in the sink filled with water for five days and when I finally came around to doing the dishes it smelled exactly like his fur had when wet – awfully smelly but I inhaled the scent greedily all the same - and I almost couldn’t bring myself to clean it.
The end was a kind of antic-climax. After all the pain in this story (it really hurt to read) I thought Sherlock would not survive. Yet he does. But his life is empty now, not even revenge to live for. What will he do? Sit there staring at John’s chair until he starves to death? Get a good hit of LSD or cocaine and make the high an eternal one? I feel like you really left out the ending.
heidi
Avexl chapter 1 . 8/22/2012
Heart-wrenching and beautifully in character. Now after the series 2 aired it's feels a reverse Reichenbach, which makes it all the more sad. If Sherlock lost John this is exactly how I'd imagine him acting; Sherlock wouldn't cope, and revenge would be the only thing keeping him even partly functioning. Well done. It's sad in all the right ways.