Reviews for MIT: Haunted House Dead
FriendofMolly chapter 5 . 1/19
North,
You've got to love Lavender. I have read a lot of suspense fiction. The masked daughter of a scorned man is deadlier than a son. Bravo!
FriendofMolly chapter 4 . 1/19
North,
The plot thickens. Revenge of a returning spurned relative? Hmmmm? I must go to the next, though I have a suspicion.
FriendofMolly chapter 3 . 1/19
North,
I don't understand how this could have been the end. You must write of the key, the pearl and the enchantment in the Top Tower. Most of all, we need to know just how Helena died.
FriendofMolly chapter 2 . 1/19
North,
Creepy! I knew there was a connection to the cursed necklace in HBP. If Lavender's sense of smell is heighten because of her encounter with Greyback, she should be able to smell the sex partner, even if he showered. I think.
FriendofMolly chapter 1 . 1/19
North,
Uht Oh! Could it be the same curse that be felled Katie in HBP? If Helena touched the Pearl. she died a most horrific death. Now I have to go on, to see how our MIT is brought in and solves the problem.
FoM
PS Is it a coincidence that the dead 'psychic' is named Helena?
llimbus chapter 5 . 7/19/2013
An excellent mystery story, well plotted and very much well written. But it's the characters and their characterization that makes this story so enjoyable to read; Bobbie Beadle is one of the best OCs I've ever read about. And again; Lavender is so amusing and spot on written.
Elena chapter 5 . 10/23/2012
What a fun read! I couldn't guess who-dunnit and had to read the ending to find out. This was really entertaining and the style and pacing was perfect. Lots of details, lots of red herrings, kept me guessing! Thanks for writing.
MuggleCreator chapter 5 . 10/13/2012
Ha ha! Nice stuff.
WitchHex chapter 5 . 10/12/2012
Masterfully told! I love a good mystery and this is better than some trash I read by published authors! If you ever end up writing a published novel, please let us know!

As usual, the characters and situations are right on wih real life and JKR's mold. I love your characterization of Lavender and Susan and I'm quite interested in Bobbie.

However, one small possible canon error. I remember reading Lavender's background in Moon, I think it was, and the fact that she's a half blood, part Greengrass, is all very well and good. Also, her amusement at the phenomenon of Muggle ghost-hunting shows. But when I remember canon, I always assumed Lavender was Muggleborn because of her occasional confusion about wizard aspects. Think of the Grim scene in PoA, when Lav, Dean, and Harry are the only ones confused. The two guys are both muggle raised, so it seems logical that Lavender would be as well. Small thing, I could be wrong about this.

Anyway, I'm eagerly waiting for updates on some of your other stories. Usually I'd say please update soon, but I know some of the best work comes out of careful planning and editing. So I'll say, hope to read more in the days to come!
Man of Kent - Railwayman chapter 5 . 7/19/2012
Really good, original idea. I enjoyed this story a lot
joniskpelare chapter 5 . 6/27/2012
A very nice case story.
AP Mom chapter 5 . 3/29/2012
Another fantastic story,,, did I miss the "There goes Simon Ryman" line? And Joe Jackson in the same story... Showing your age, or your musical taste? Keep on truckin' . Absolutely love your stuff.
potternut190 chapter 5 . 3/25/2012
Great mystery!
MissGardenia chapter 5 . 3/24/2012
Typo:

'You missed me,' said Lavender. 'You killed Lavender with that. Why?'

Helena?

The seeming habit of using drugs to cover up magical deaths is deeply disconcerting. It will probably work out okay in this instance, but I've seen a couple treatments of Aurors doing the thing of injecting harder drugs and planting lots of the stuff where it's not okay. Purebloods wouldn't think of the societal implications, but muggleborn and liaisons definitely should.
Stephanie O chapter 5 . 3/23/2012
Exciting conclusion to the "whodunit"! :) I also liked their plans for the magical coverup - I wonder if they have syringes in their bag of tricks for such times? Oh, wait, they probably conjur them! ;) lol

Lavenders Dark Detector [Lavender's]

'You missed me,' said Lavender. 'You killed Lavender with that...' I'm confused, is Lavender trying to trick her, or should 'she' have said Helena?

a curse death on life television [live]