Reviews for Torn Apart
0positiv chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
Hi there WhiteHare (ooooh, that nearly rhymes and all XD)

What a lovely story, you can really feel with Annies mum, how heartbreaking it must have been for her. Loved the end with Mitchell, too.

Greetings 0positiv
Inch-high chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
WhiteHare, this was so tender, poignant and hertbreaking. I always found the scenes with Carmen and Annie so utterly beautiful on the programme and you've perfectly captured the grief, the guilt, the helplessness and the fear of memories of loved ones fading with time. I definitely shed a tear or two here. Thank you,

Inch x
Yummy Mum chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Glad I stumbled upon this! As a mother of a little girl I get the story. Poor Carmen something I hope never to experience. You captured her feelings well I think.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
MancVamp - Aw WhiteHare - that was so lovely and moving! Thank you! I loved the story from Carmen's point of view, especially the bit in the theatre.

(Never apologise for including Michell lol!)

Back to the Being Human Blog now. *waving*
MyLittleStorys chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
I thought this was brilliant! I actually had a wee tear in my eye. Your writing is lovely and this kinda filled in the whole empty loop about her mum. Really really good!
toniannmh chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
OH, Thank you so much. Those two different tomb stones bugged me no end. I really needed that, it was a disconcerting loose end.

Very touching.
Laspettra chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Oh. I wasn't crying, and then suddenly I was. You got me at the end! This is the episode that I pretty much blub all the way through. I like how you've sewn together the little details of Annie's life to explain Carmen and this episode. Very touching. x
Araminta Lupin chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
You captured Carmen's voice so well, I can't watch the bit where Annie makes the flower for her mum without becoming teary-eyed and this fic is the perfect companion to it. Also flustered Mitchell is great - he's so used to talking to people who can see Annie.
gingernut49 chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Absolutely lovely, heartbreaking yet comforting. Those of us who are mothers of daughters would be exactly the same. And thank you for a Mitchell scene - always so welcome.

That started my day beautifully, thank you.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Wow. Was surprised how much this story got to me and all the emotions that it stirred up. The point of view from Annie’s mom was written extremely well. Had a personal experience a few years ago and reading your story brought back so many memories. All ended well in RL but there were a lot of “what ifs”. While I thought the BH episode that this story is based upon was done very well, your story really brought out all the emotions.

Especially love that you were able to bring a bit of Mitchell into the story which lightened things up a little and the ending was very satisfying.

TechnTea
cemeterydreamer chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Oh wow, I am literally in tears! Very beautiful story, and you did a wonderful job of filling in the plot holes (such as Annie's new headstone) and adding to comments from the show (like her sister having a baby). I also loved the appearance of a flustered Mitchell. Amazing job!
Ruby Rosetta Red chapter 1 . 6/15/2011
Oh wow, reading that brought tears to my eyes, what a vivid, poignant portrayal of a mother's grief. It was just so beautifully written. I often wondered, after seeing the scene at Annie's grave, whether she would've gone to the Pink House and your version is extremely plausible.

Beautifully written as always. Loved it.