Reviews for The Girl
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 4 . 2/13/2014
this was about twenty shades of perfect. :)
Azamiko chapter 4 . 12/16/2013
Arugula Pacioli chapter 4 . 9/13/2012
loved this story!
Guest chapter 4 . 8/11/2012
i have to admit that was really interesting. Of what would happen if Arnold and helga didn't meet in grade school. If his parents still lived in south america. that truly was interesting and good.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
I hate you Lila
X59 chapter 4 . 12/17/2011
pretty cool story.

they are both saps.
empathapathique chapter 4 . 9/21/2011
Deeply, deeply enjoyed this. It was great! I loved the AU take, and how you adjusted their personalities appropriately. Great job!
cyjanidybel chapter 4 . 8/30/2011
D'AWWWWW. Most adorable HA! fic I have EVER had the fortune to read. Definitely. 3

Haven't watched the series in a long, LONG time, so I'm not quite sure about the references, BUT I know enough to say that the character development here can almost be considered canon. I love Helga's development the most (but of course :)), from being a senselessly (somewhat) mean fourth-grader to the secretly mature tough girl she was always meant to become. Or something like that. XD. And the way you portrayed their relationship... ugh, just SO DANG CUTE.

I can't say anymore. I've been rendered speechless. XD. MAGNIFICENT WORK, NONETHELESS. Yeah.
AdaraLove chapter 4 . 8/19/2011
I just found this story and I have to say that I absolutely love it! I loved the dialogue the most. I can't tell you how many times I laughed while reading this XD. I also loved all the references to the different characters and episodes in your story. I haven't watched Hey Arnold in years and yet I was able to pick up on all of the references much to my delight, I'm still surprised that this AU Arnold can sing though lol. I'm definately faving this story )
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 4 . 8/19/2011
Beautiful ending.

Keep the good writing.
ThriLLer89 chapter 4 . 8/18/2011
this story deserves a billion reviews simply for Stinky and his one true love; "Lemon puddin'!" xD but anywhoozles, I enjoyed this! Anyone who's able to make me desire a football headed teenage boy gets a thumbs up from me! P what can I say? my childhood crush on him never faded ;)
Jake Nickleby chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
Cutest story ever! I loved how well this alternate storyline to the show had pulled together. I love the new development of all the characters, yet it stayed true to the original characteristics. It really came out nicely.
angie93 chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
this is so freaking awesome i love it, going to top ten
J'aime ma vie chapter 4 . 8/17/2011
This was a great conclusion to a great fanfic! I loved the humor you incorporated with Miles always falling down the stairs, the shameless fluff between Arnold and Helga at the end, and the bit of sensuality there too. ;)

Also, I love how each of the chapters were the seasons. It came together really well.

Thanks for writing this fantastic read! :)
J'aime ma vie chapter 3 . 8/17/2011
I'm so glad you updated! i was wondering when you were going to. :)

First off, I really enjoyed you bringing in "Eugene, Eugene!" into this. I loved how everyone interacted with each other, and the fact that Eugene got injured was sad, but oh so funny too. All the while, it was great to see Helga's feelings for Arnold come to the surface - it was great how it came about at a realistic pace and wasn't at all impulsive. The frustration Helga experienced over her feelings for Arnold was very in-character for her and was so well-written. Also, you kept Arnold and Helga as her feelings for Arnold came out; additionally, I liked how you portrayed Arnold's struggles with getting over Lila and the realism that was present there. It takes a while to get over a break-up, and most people have Arnold throwing himself into Helga's arms immediately after being dumped by Lila. I appreciated how realistically you portrayed Arnold getting over that and then realizing he had feelings for Helga.

Additionally, even though this is an AU story, I was impressed with how canon Big Bob's death was - and how you portrayed what he did during his lifetime - burying himself in his work, chopping down Mighty Pete. It really worked well.

"Yep. You see, Shortman, finding The Girl isn't some huge epic quest with a lovely princess waiting with open arms at the end. It just happens. It's life. You just stumble through and then you find the girl that means the most to you. Sometimes it's expected, sometimes it's not, sometimes you're friends, sometimes you're not, sometimes you meet her in grade school or in the middle of the jungle or when you move to America. And sometimes you find the girl when you're 'getting some air' or talking about ladies breasts."

That quote was impressive, just because so many people fail to realize the truth behind it. A lot of people expect "The One" to come into their lives as being this elaborate show with fireworks and figuring it out instantly, when a lot of the time - it's not like that. It was great that you brought that universal truth into this fic.

So, I'm very impressed with what you've done here! I'm off to read Chapter Four. :)