Reviews for Queen of Ice and Fire
Ally Todd chapter 20 . 4/22
Okay that cannot be good. This guy's kind of twisted and I shudder to think what he's got planned next in his apology for a brain.

One thing that hit me at the beginning the chapter was a slight, but still noticeable air of disconnect. It wasn't that big a problem but I just got an irrational instinctive feeling about it. That said it disappeared as soon as the lemon began and I was psyched that they were finally putting the kitchen counter to good use.

Irvine's a tool. I'll never credit him with an overabundance of brain cells, but he's on course to end up with pneumonia.

Quistis is really digging into Nida's past. I can understand her fixation on getting answers because that's the kind of person she is but I doubt Nida will be doing a jig when he finds out. Asking him outright is one thing, but digging the way Quistis' is, that be whole different kettle of fish.

Please update soon. Ally is dying over here.
Ally Todd chapter 19 . 10/5/2016
Here goes...*cracks knuckles*

I usually refrain from reviewing stories that are still in progress, but every so often one or two will capture my attention. This one certainly delivered on that front. There are a few points I would like to address, and I solemnly vow to give you one hell of a review whenever you finish. Also, you say you'll finish it if it kills you. I know the strain a multi chapter fic can exert so it probably will kill you. Fear not, I'll write you a great eulogy.

In the first two of three chapters I did notice a couple of typos, but that's not too bad. I doubt there's a fic out there that's totally perfect. It is by no means a deal breaker but the OCD part of me can't let it go either. The pacing in chapter two was also a tad disjointed but again I can let it go thanks to everything this fic has got going for it.

The disaster on the field exam was possibly my favourite part of the whole damn story thus far. I've never been in that exact situation but I've been in several situations where shooting took place or a bomb went off and you captured the mayhem and terror perfectly. I know some writers who served in the armed forces who aren't as good at that as you. It brought back some unpleasant memories but please do not feel bad, it's a testament to your talent as a writer.

And then there were lemons. LOTS of lemons. If you want the truth I thought there were at a push, too many lemon scented scenes, but then again, neither Nida or Quistis strike me as massive social butterflies so maybe their urges were like a beast that gets angry when it's caged. A lot of people compare sex scenes in fics to a certain piece of dog shit by a certain LJ Smith, but I can't do that because I never read past the first chapter, so I'll just say well done.

As for the mysterious and definitely psychotic Sean, top marks on him. I happen to have known a few people like that (I'm simultaneously ashamed and proud to admit I helped hospitalise one of them) and you stirred of some considerable dislike. He abused Quistis? They guy needs some serious punishment. Hopefully Nida will damage him, or even better have Quistis flip the bastard like a pancake.

I'm awaiting the next update with baited breath.

~Ally

P.S. I didn't die. Huzzah! I am immortal.

P.P.S. Not My Immortal though.

P.P.P.S. Laughing at the mere thought.

P.P.P.P.S. Do you have an opinion on that fic? Fake or actual attempt?

P.P.P.P.P.S Wow this got off topic.

P.P.P.P.P.P.S Now I really am gone.
hernameisrio chapter 19 . 10/1/2016
Great chapter, and made me want to re-read Bragging Rights! I had just been thinking this past week that I wanted to peruse your fics and re-read my favorites (so... basically all of them), so having a new chapter for this story was a nice surprise!
risingsunsets chapter 18 . 6/19/2016
Oh my God, I thought this was abandoned.

I love you, so, so much. GREAT chapter.
ChibiRaccoon chapter 18 . 6/19/2016
Thank you so very very much for taking the time to write out another chapter of Ice and Fire. Reading the list of trials and drawbacks you've endured I'm surprised you've come to finish this one. A lot of authors wouldn't. You're amazing and talented and knowing that you care about your readers enough to do this is admirable. Thank you. I hope you continue to do well and please feel free to take your time. I'd wait 15 years and more for this.

On that note can I just express how excited I am that Quistis has been able to make such a strong breakthrough in her relationship with Nida. She's finally talking about her ex and I can't wait to see what the psycho had planned. Also, I really love the way you write and detail the battles involving GFs. -

Thank you! Update when you can!
Rasivel chapter 1 . 2/28/2016
In the hopes of reviving this story are we ever gonna hear how Squall and Irvine threatened Sean?
gleamfang chapter 17 . 6/19/2013
Please don't give up on this one! I really enjoyed reading it to this point! I quite like how you've portrayed the leads in this story but personally am finding the number of massages being a little much...argh who am I kidding! It's fine! It's one of the very interesting couple things that you have going on for these two. In a way, it's kind of like Squall and Rinoa's telepathy(if you know what I mean).

Making Nida a mechanic is a very brilliant move and his sweet,gentlemanly demeanour does suit his good guy image quite well and I enjoyed reading about his little "I love you" sleep up since it was done so naturally. That being said, I find that Quistis may be a little too giving and there's not much instance of Nida doing the giving except in his patience of waiting for her to tell him about her past.

I also greatly enjoy the GF bits in this story especially Obel and Leviathan. I'm also quite glad that you've managed to come up with GFs of your own but was quite disappointed with Aeryon's lack of ability to communicate with Nida and also the lack of any development of the new GF - Loki.

All in all, I am still rooting for this couple VERY HARD and I hope to read about their happy happy future soon.

Cheers
Keep Writing

P.S Have I mentioned how much I love the fact that you're stories are linked and peppered with wonderfully interesting OCs? (I think that the Cadets you've created are pretty awesome! Cadet Howe - the one with the two swords - is a favourite of mine, provided I remembered her name right)
W Spirit chapter 17 . 6/19/2013
Good. There are no other words... besides synonyms of good.
Looks like something's brewing and coming their way soon. Looking forward to it.
Lord PotterXXVII chapter 17 . 6/17/2013
Alright, you finally updated this and great work on the chapter. This is probably my favourite out of all your published works, I noticed you've added Sean in again. Are we finally going to see him get what he deserves in a few chapters (I.e decapitation?)
nightelf37 chapter 13 . 6/4/2013
Hey, does this story coincide with Bragging Rights?
DM Draco Moondragon chapter 15 . 8/3/2012
Your stories never cease to amaze. I love how much you've flushed out Nida's character, considering they don't really do much of that in-game. Your steamy scenes also don't fail to impress, either. I can definitely see how a reaction could come from readers of both genders, honestly. Very sensual, but graphic enough to keep attention. Not to mention the fact that Quistis is awful sexy, anyway. I also can't get over how faithfully you remain to the characters' in-game personalities. I can only hope that the fanfic I'm working on can manage that when the game's originals are involved. Once again, amazing work, and I'm looking forward to more.
Emerald-Latias chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
Hi again. Not much to say but I love the mention of Quistis seeking equals in relationships. I think it especially rings true to someone like her. Not to mention how she's been finding herself looking forward to the mundane tasks like cooking and such seeing as she's got the right company though she doesn't consider tying herself down to traditional domestic roles though she feels like she's happy for once in her life. I just feel like hi-fiving her for thinking about that (I guess I can hi-five you then? ;D). That's what I love the most about writing VIII fanfiction with couples (well, in my case, it's usually Squall and Rin). Nobody is really the dominant one in the relationship, it's usually centered on both parties being equals, where one has different strengths and weaknesses to help each other grow.

Anyway, congrats to Nida over-doing it and winning/qualifying on pretty much everything. _
Emerald-Latias chapter 13 . 2/18/2012
Hehe. Nida's just so cute with his bad innuendos and general cuteness. I love him and Quistis together. I don't have much to say as it's so well-written as always. Neat to see his take on Squall and Seifer's abilities regarding their gunblade techniques. I liked how they basically reflected their personalities more or less.

Sorry this is so sparse...I just can't think of much to say. Will be waiting for the next one though.
Emerald-Latias chapter 12 . 1/10/2012
Glad to know that Quistis's instruction served the cadets well to contrast that with her in-game failures with Seifer. I'm glad Squall is stressing that she take her time to decide about the Headmaster job. He'd be a hypocrite not to given how he didn't like being thrust in the Commander position (glad he made the distinction of this being less time-pressured). I'm also glad you made Quistis point out (or at least mentally point out) Squall's lack of fit for the job himself. A lot of lazy fic writers just put Squall in that position whenever they have Cid retire without much thought into and I personally also believe that he wouldn't be good because of the social aspects of the job (niceties with other organizations, clients, etc) and under-utilize his tactical prowess.

Anyway, going on different tack now, I love how sweet Nida was this chapter. Specifically how he made a point of picking out her favourite food and flowers to bring over. I had that happen to me today, so I know especially how nice it is. _

On a last note, I had to laugh when Rinoa not so subtly alluded to her and Squall's de-crankifying (ok, that reads wrong but I don't care, keeping it) activities. They would so do that. Haha. Glad Quistis has her own knight in shining armour and made peace with her past feelings to not get jealous over that. And yes, Squall smiles are the best.
Emerald-Latias chapter 11 . 12/11/2011
You did a really nice job of describing the fire scenes and the aftermath of the damage, I think. Really appreciate the realism by not going to either extreme casualty-wise. I think having all the cadets die would have made it unbearable for Quistis to live with had that happened. It was rather sweet though when they wouldn't leave her behind when she got pinned to the tree. It was also rather funny to have her comment on Squall being too late with the 'romantic' gesture while Rinoa was beside them.

Anyway, til the next one! ;)