Reviews for Queen of Ice and Fire
gleamfang chapter 17 . 6/19/2013
Please don't give up on this one! I really enjoyed reading it to this point! I quite like how you've portrayed the leads in this story but personally am finding the number of massages being a little much...argh who am I kidding! It's fine! It's one of the very interesting couple things that you have going on for these two. In a way, it's kind of like Squall and Rinoa's telepathy(if you know what I mean).

Making Nida a mechanic is a very brilliant move and his sweet,gentlemanly demeanour does suit his good guy image quite well and I enjoyed reading about his little "I love you" sleep up since it was done so naturally. That being said, I find that Quistis may be a little too giving and there's not much instance of Nida doing the giving except in his patience of waiting for her to tell him about her past.

I also greatly enjoy the GF bits in this story especially Obel and Leviathan. I'm also quite glad that you've managed to come up with GFs of your own but was quite disappointed with Aeryon's lack of ability to communicate with Nida and also the lack of any development of the new GF - Loki.

All in all, I am still rooting for this couple VERY HARD and I hope to read about their happy happy future soon.

Cheers
Keep Writing

P.S Have I mentioned how much I love the fact that you're stories are linked and peppered with wonderfully interesting OCs? (I think that the Cadets you've created are pretty awesome! Cadet Howe - the one with the two swords - is a favourite of mine, provided I remembered her name right)
W Spirit chapter 17 . 6/19/2013
Good. There are no other words... besides synonyms of good.
Looks like something's brewing and coming their way soon. Looking forward to it.
Lord PotterXXVII chapter 17 . 6/17/2013
Alright, you finally updated this and great work on the chapter. This is probably my favourite out of all your published works, I noticed you've added Sean in again. Are we finally going to see him get what he deserves in a few chapters (I.e decapitation?)
nightelf37 chapter 13 . 6/4/2013
Hey, does this story coincide with Bragging Rights?
DM Draco Moondragon chapter 15 . 8/3/2012
Your stories never cease to amaze. I love how much you've flushed out Nida's character, considering they don't really do much of that in-game. Your steamy scenes also don't fail to impress, either. I can definitely see how a reaction could come from readers of both genders, honestly. Very sensual, but graphic enough to keep attention. Not to mention the fact that Quistis is awful sexy, anyway. I also can't get over how faithfully you remain to the characters' in-game personalities. I can only hope that the fanfic I'm working on can manage that when the game's originals are involved. Once again, amazing work, and I'm looking forward to more.
Emerald-Latias chapter 14 . 4/10/2012
Hi again. Not much to say but I love the mention of Quistis seeking equals in relationships. I think it especially rings true to someone like her. Not to mention how she's been finding herself looking forward to the mundane tasks like cooking and such seeing as she's got the right company though she doesn't consider tying herself down to traditional domestic roles though she feels like she's happy for once in her life. I just feel like hi-fiving her for thinking about that (I guess I can hi-five you then? ;D). That's what I love the most about writing VIII fanfiction with couples (well, in my case, it's usually Squall and Rin). Nobody is really the dominant one in the relationship, it's usually centered on both parties being equals, where one has different strengths and weaknesses to help each other grow.

Anyway, congrats to Nida over-doing it and winning/qualifying on pretty much everything. _
Emerald-Latias chapter 13 . 2/18/2012
Hehe. Nida's just so cute with his bad innuendos and general cuteness. I love him and Quistis together. I don't have much to say as it's so well-written as always. Neat to see his take on Squall and Seifer's abilities regarding their gunblade techniques. I liked how they basically reflected their personalities more or less.

Sorry this is so sparse...I just can't think of much to say. Will be waiting for the next one though.
Emerald-Latias chapter 12 . 1/10/2012
Glad to know that Quistis's instruction served the cadets well to contrast that with her in-game failures with Seifer. I'm glad Squall is stressing that she take her time to decide about the Headmaster job. He'd be a hypocrite not to given how he didn't like being thrust in the Commander position (glad he made the distinction of this being less time-pressured). I'm also glad you made Quistis point out (or at least mentally point out) Squall's lack of fit for the job himself. A lot of lazy fic writers just put Squall in that position whenever they have Cid retire without much thought into and I personally also believe that he wouldn't be good because of the social aspects of the job (niceties with other organizations, clients, etc) and under-utilize his tactical prowess.

Anyway, going on different tack now, I love how sweet Nida was this chapter. Specifically how he made a point of picking out her favourite food and flowers to bring over. I had that happen to me today, so I know especially how nice it is. _

On a last note, I had to laugh when Rinoa not so subtly alluded to her and Squall's de-crankifying (ok, that reads wrong but I don't care, keeping it) activities. They would so do that. Haha. Glad Quistis has her own knight in shining armour and made peace with her past feelings to not get jealous over that. And yes, Squall smiles are the best.
Emerald-Latias chapter 11 . 12/11/2011
You did a really nice job of describing the fire scenes and the aftermath of the damage, I think. Really appreciate the realism by not going to either extreme casualty-wise. I think having all the cadets die would have made it unbearable for Quistis to live with had that happened. It was rather sweet though when they wouldn't leave her behind when she got pinned to the tree. It was also rather funny to have her comment on Squall being too late with the 'romantic' gesture while Rinoa was beside them.

Anyway, til the next one! ;)
Kinky Twinkie chapter 11 . 12/10/2011
I really enjoyed this chapter, and there were so many awww moments as well. I'm really looking forward to reading how Nida will comfort Quistis during her healing process ;D. I really envy Quistis in this story, you have created Nida to be such a hot manly hunk of sexiness XD
Kinky Twinkie chapter 10 . 12/3/2011
Nooooooooo. I love this story, very creative, but I hate this cliffy T~T. Can't wait to read more.
Emerald-Latias chapter 10 . 11/21/2011
Hm wonder if the title of this fic originated from this chapter? Either way, powerful stuff. Had me on the edge of my seat, that's for sure. I hope the cadets'll be ok but...something tells me they won't despite Quistis's best efforts.

Update soon, k? :)
seiryux chapter 10 . 11/21/2011
Good chapter.

Just one possible continuity issue, though. Isn't Sage, the cadet gunblade user from Bragging Rights, supposed to be doing this exam as well?
Emerald-Latias chapter 9 . 10/28/2011
Haha. I like that ebil-ness. It's super-cute. Though Quisty would definitely have reason to want to kill him. Heh.

Anyway, I liked the premise of just trying to fly fish and I found it cute that she didn't realize what Leviathan and the sea monster were doing at first with that delayed reaction. (so was the second one before Nida's comment of, 'You got her laid!') Priceless. XD

Another aspect I liked was that Nida had accidentally slipped up. Most of the time, those kinds of declarations are made a big deal by having it accompanied with some grand gesture. I liked the way it just popped out of his mouth unknowingly because it seems realistic in a sense. Or at least a refreshing change of pace.

Anyway, til next time. :)
12 ga sword chapter 9 . 10/28/2011
I love Leviathan's peronality. Good chapter obel is a fun character