Reviews for Retroactive
Nice Egan chapter 1 . 4/17
I loved this story, I wish you continued.
jcampbellohten chapter 1 . 12/15/2016
Amazing Luna characterization. As far as I know her character, you pinned her down really well. The Snape-voice was interesting, and as with anything involving stable time loops, this one was entertaining. I liked the spritzing of humor to keep things relatively light until the end. The plot twist that prevented canon divergence was totally unexpected for me, and angst-inducing. The bit after that was equally unexpected, and the resolution was kind of sweet. The reveal in the diary entry was intriguing, even when ignoring the snorcack part which has poignant implications whether it's true or not. The discussion of how wand magic works was an enlightening train of thought. The magic Luna did with the time-turner was inspired and really cool.

This is definitely a favorite for me. Thank you for writing and posting it.
Roserayrose chapter 1 . 8/2/2016
This is sad, yet beautiful.
Faeriniel chapter 1 . 7/4/2016
I enjoyed this story. I like the conspiratorial nature of going back in time but being constrained to make it look like nothing has changed. Both Harry and Luna's characterisation is strong an you avoid the many pitfalls most writer end up in when writing Luna.

You spent a lot of time delving into the plan to save Hermione, but nothing really came of it. Yes Hermione is saved but the whole scene is rather methodical. There's not really any suspense.

You also forgot Ron completely. He gets just two mentions in the whole piece. I guess he can just deal with the brains.

Sirius wishing for death or wanting to bail of Harry flies in the face of canon. You don't survive over a decade in Azkaban with suicidal thoughts running around your head. You don't claw yourself out of an inescapable prison without a will of iron. Hell all Sirius had to go on was a picture of Wormtail. He risks everything for Harry at the mere suggestion that he will be in danger. Add to that the fact that Severus explicitly tells Sirius to stay put at grimould... but Sirius cannot bring himself to do so. He has to be there for Harry. And all that doesn't even touch on the fact that Harry wouldn't let someone die like that. He would want to help Sirius, not let him kill himself.

In short it makes no sense to me and comes across as a ham-fisted attempt to force a sad moment into the short story. I feel that there would have been more emotional depth in exploring Luna and her trauma which might have tied nicely into your epilogue.

Despite my gripes, it's still well written and mostly entertaining, I'll no doubt be reading more you your work in future.

That cam
Calmzone1 chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
hmm, that'a a different perspective. very interesting
dragonfire1994 chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Time for American Idol
Ratus chapter 1 . 12/2/2015
That was a very nice piece. Well done!
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 12/1/2015
Delightful. You captured Luna's quirkiness pretty well. I think I would have liked them to save Sirius though. Earns a fav and inclusion in my C2.
ironhair chapter 1 . 10/29/2015
Hmmmm
Guest chapter 1 . 9/9/2015
If that's your idea of humor then you must have a very sad life. It was a pretty good story but probably the most depressing fic I've read here in a long time.
Kairan1979 chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
Luna is AWESOME!
fireball900 chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Excellent piece, 10/10
jon reeve chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Nice. I know people might be disappointed with the end, but that's because it breaks away from some of the hard fanon elements. Such as Sirius wanting to live, or Luna needing love NOW. That can make it difficult for people to read such an obviously good story that doesn't cater to their views.

I agree with everyone else about your magic mechanics, well done.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Good story. I don't think Sirius would have done that though.
digbygreen chapter 1 . 5/28/2014
So five years... probably after the death of her mother.
good story.